Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More Last post on Today at 10:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Today at 3:58 am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 38
Styleforum Top Pickspost #557 of 1513911/21/11 at 4:16pmpost #558 of 1513911/21/11 at 5:12pmpost #559 of 1513911/22/11 at 7:06ampost #560 of 1513911/22/11 at 7:22ampost #561 of 1513911/22/11 at 7:32am
Can somebody explain the comparative merits and differences betwean Sno Seal and Obenauf's LP? It's getting to be about time to winterize my leather boots and I am wondering if the LP can stand fast on its own as a waterproofer. Also, should polish be removed before applying either of these?
Edit: PS - Obenauf's is offering $5 off any order over $25 this month with the code "5555." Just picked up the combination package with the LP, oil and waterproofer. $35 shipped.
Edited by BostonHedonist - 11/22/11 at 8:19ampost #562 of 1513911/22/11 at 8:06ampost #563 of 1513911/22/11 at 8:28amQuote:
Sno-Seal's website says it is beeswax based and contains no silicone. http://www.atsko.com/products/waterproofing/sno-seal.html
I wouldn't apply it to my nicer shoes, but I've used it on my clark's desert boots and it made them nice and waterproof. Significantly darkened the leather though.post #564 of 1513911/22/11 at 8:49ampost #565 of 1513911/22/11 at 9:18am
Kirby's website has a nice collection of Saphir and LCA shoe kits....
but for something more unusual from Japan.....
The Japanese trunkmaker TIME VOYAGER makes this nice Shoe-care trunk. MTO with choice of colors in vulcan fiber. Priced at 31,500 yen, or 400 USD. Doesn't include brushes and polishes (but sure fits them well) . You can order it at the Trading Post at Aoyama, Tokyo.
This one is a bit overboard: an all-in-one Shoecare kit/trunk, with Bootblack shoecare products (Japanese equivalent to Saphir), custom black Edoya brushes, and a leather trunk by Bespoke trunk maker Tsuchino. a whopping 315,000 yen, yes, 4,000 USD.
but with that kind of money, you may opt for something exquisitely French like Epthee insteadpost #566 of 1513911/22/11 at 9:27ampost #567 of 1513911/22/11 at 9:29ampost #568 of 1513911/22/11 at 10:36ampost #569 of 1513911/25/11 at 10:43pmQuote:
I know, but I was hoping to somehow circumvent that, since these are the only things that I have right now that function as "dress" shoes.
I'm not familiar with that term. Plz to explain.
What "proper stuff for boots" is?post #570 of 1513911/26/11 at 12:15amQuote:
Bulling is another term for spit-shining a shoe/boot.
Even though the heel counter and the toe puff, in the boots you are referring to, would keep those areas of the boot rigid enough to hold a spit-shine, I doubt the leather on those boots would allow for it.
A nice glossy brush shine should look just fine however.
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 31 seconds ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official BLUE BLUE JAPAN thread - all things indigo, many... 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - DENIM - 24 May 2015 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 13 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan