Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 8:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 11:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Yesterday at 10:08 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 38
Styleforum Top Pickspost #557 of 1650811/21/11 at 4:16pmpost #558 of 1650811/21/11 at 5:12pmpost #559 of 1650811/22/11 at 7:06ampost #560 of 1650811/22/11 at 7:22ampost #561 of 1650811/22/11 at 7:32am
Can somebody explain the comparative merits and differences betwean Sno Seal and Obenauf's LP? It's getting to be about time to winterize my leather boots and I am wondering if the LP can stand fast on its own as a waterproofer. Also, should polish be removed before applying either of these?
Edit: PS - Obenauf's is offering $5 off any order over $25 this month with the code "5555." Just picked up the combination package with the LP, oil and waterproofer. $35 shipped.
Edited by BostonHedonist - 11/22/11 at 8:19ampost #562 of 1650811/22/11 at 8:06ampost #563 of 1650811/22/11 at 8:28amQuote:
Sno-Seal's website says it is beeswax based and contains no silicone. http://www.atsko.com/products/waterproofing/sno-seal.html
I wouldn't apply it to my nicer shoes, but I've used it on my clark's desert boots and it made them nice and waterproof. Significantly darkened the leather though.post #564 of 1650811/22/11 at 8:49ampost #565 of 1650811/22/11 at 9:18am
Kirby's website has a nice collection of Saphir and LCA shoe kits....
but for something more unusual from Japan.....
The Japanese trunkmaker TIME VOYAGER makes this nice Shoe-care trunk. MTO with choice of colors in vulcan fiber. Priced at 31,500 yen, or 400 USD. Doesn't include brushes and polishes (but sure fits them well) . You can order it at the Trading Post at Aoyama, Tokyo.
This one is a bit overboard: an all-in-one Shoecare kit/trunk, with Bootblack shoecare products (Japanese equivalent to Saphir), custom black Edoya brushes, and a leather trunk by Bespoke trunk maker Tsuchino. a whopping 315,000 yen, yes, 4,000 USD.
but with that kind of money, you may opt for something exquisitely French like Epthee insteadpost #566 of 1650811/22/11 at 9:27ampost #567 of 1650811/22/11 at 9:29ampost #568 of 1650811/22/11 at 10:36ampost #569 of 1650811/25/11 at 10:43pmQuote:
I know, but I was hoping to somehow circumvent that, since these are the only things that I have right now that function as "dress" shoes.
I'm not familiar with that term. Plz to explain.
What "proper stuff for boots" is?post #570 of 1650811/26/11 at 12:15amQuote:
Bulling is another term for spit-shining a shoe/boot.
Even though the heel counter and the toe puff, in the boots you are referring to, would keep those areas of the boot rigid enough to hold a spit-shine, I doubt the leather on those boots would allow for it.
A nice glossy brush shine should look just fine however.
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Cordless stick vacuum cleaners 17 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Fear the Walking Dead 8 minutes ago
- › The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford 8 minutes ago
- › Trickers ROY Navy Shell Cordovan Boot 13 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) 14 minutes ago
- › Poor quality shoes in any color? Maker? 15 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 17 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015