Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 7:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 8/22/16 at 6:12am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 12:16 am in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Yesterday at 11:01 am in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 38post #557 of 1868511/21/11 at 4:16pmpost #558 of 1868511/21/11 at 5:12pmpost #559 of 1868511/22/11 at 7:06ampost #560 of 1868511/22/11 at 7:22ampost #561 of 1868511/22/11 at 7:32am
Can somebody explain the comparative merits and differences betwean Sno Seal and Obenauf's LP? It's getting to be about time to winterize my leather boots and I am wondering if the LP can stand fast on its own as a waterproofer. Also, should polish be removed before applying either of these?
Edit: PS - Obenauf's is offering $5 off any order over $25 this month with the code "5555." Just picked up the combination package with the LP, oil and waterproofer. $35 shipped.
Edited by BostonHedonist - 11/22/11 at 8:19ampost #562 of 1868511/22/11 at 8:06ampost #563 of 1868511/22/11 at 8:28amQuote:
Sno-Seal's website says it is beeswax based and contains no silicone. http://www.atsko.com/products/waterproofing/sno-seal.html
I wouldn't apply it to my nicer shoes, but I've used it on my clark's desert boots and it made them nice and waterproof. Significantly darkened the leather though.post #564 of 1868511/22/11 at 8:49ampost #565 of 1868511/22/11 at 9:18am
Kirby's website has a nice collection of Saphir and LCA shoe kits....
but for something more unusual from Japan.....
The Japanese trunkmaker TIME VOYAGER makes this nice Shoe-care trunk. MTO with choice of colors in vulcan fiber. Priced at 31,500 yen, or 400 USD. Doesn't include brushes and polishes (but sure fits them well) . You can order it at the Trading Post at Aoyama, Tokyo.
This one is a bit overboard: an all-in-one Shoecare kit/trunk, with Bootblack shoecare products (Japanese equivalent to Saphir), custom black Edoya brushes, and a leather trunk by Bespoke trunk maker Tsuchino. a whopping 315,000 yen, yes, 4,000 USD.
but with that kind of money, you may opt for something exquisitely French like Epthee insteadpost #566 of 1868511/22/11 at 9:27ampost #567 of 1868511/22/11 at 9:29ampost #568 of 1868511/22/11 at 10:36ampost #569 of 1868511/25/11 at 10:43pmQuote:
I know, but I was hoping to somehow circumvent that, since these are the only things that I have right now that function as "dress" shoes.
I'm not familiar with that term. Plz to explain.
What "proper stuff for boots" is?post #570 of 1868511/26/11 at 12:15amQuote:
Bulling is another term for spit-shining a shoe/boot.
Even though the heel counter and the toe puff, in the boots you are referring to, would keep those areas of the boot rigid enough to hold a spit-shine, I doubt the leather on those boots would allow for it.
A nice glossy brush shine should look just fine however.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 33 seconds ago
- › The Look goes on... 3 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 7 minutes ago
- › Buttero sneakers quality and Buttero customer service 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding