or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 351

post #5251 of 12472
Hmm, don't know this Craig. Spensive?
post #5252 of 12472
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

How far is DWF from Seattle? I will be out there this summer and may be itching for some footwear...

DW is in Redmond. There are a small cluster of towns within 15 miles of each other in Central Oregon; Bend, Redmond, Prineville, and Sunriver. Bend and Sunriver are considered resort towns because of their proximity to Mt. Bachelor, and a ton of outdoor recreation. We have a number of beautiful lakes within 30 minutes drive, as well as hiking and biking trails all over. In Bend there is an area known as the Old Mill District, with a number of shops and restaurants right on the edge of the Deschutes river. It is a wonderful place to live, and a fun place to visit. As a side note: we also have about a dozen micro-breweries that produce some great beer (if you like that sort of thing).

If you come to be fitted for some shoes, be sure to set aside a few days to enjoy the area.

post #5253 of 12472
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Hmm, don't know this Craig. Spensive?

Email him. His price is below JL prestige. He refined his craft with Koronya. Trial shoes and everything. And 50% deposit as with other makers.
post #5254 of 12472
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenjay View Post

DW is in Redmond. There are a small cluster of towns within 15 miles of each other in Central Oregon; Bend, Redmond, Prineville, and Sunriver. Bend and Sunriver are considered resort towns because of their proximity to Mt. Bachelor, and a ton of outdoor recreation. We have a number of beautiful lakes within 30 minutes drive, as well as hiking and biking trails all over. In Bend there is an area known as the Old Mill District, with a number of shops and restaurants right on the edge of the Deschutes river. It is a wonderful place to live, and a fun place to visit. As a side note: we also have about a dozen micro-breweries that produce some great beer (if you like that sort of thing).

If you come to be fitted for some shoes, be sure to set aside a few days to enjoy the area.


Oregon. Awesome place to live.
post #5255 of 12472
Please tell us how you developed your own polish!
post #5256 of 12472
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Please tell us how you developed your own polish!

Well, I have to be careful not to violate the StyleForum rules about promoting something while not being a paid advertising affiliate (which is a little outside my budget at the moment).

There is a link to my polish in Buy/Sell below in my signature line. In the first message of my Buy/Sell is a link to my site for details on the polish (which is allowed). The site goes in to some depth on the how, why, and what of the polish.

The StyleForum, rightly so, does not want people trying to sell/promote their products in message threads that are not affiliate threads identified for that specific purpose, and I try to adhere to that policy as best I can. They specifically frown on posting a link to a your product site within a message thread, which would be a unfair to the paying affiliates.

I would be happy to answer any specific questions I can without specifically promoting the product or taking this thread off topic. I wish I could be more forthcoming, because I love talking about what the specific ingredients are, and why I used them.
post #5257 of 12472
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenjay View Post

Well, I have to be careful not to violate the StyleForum rules about promoting something while not being a paid advertising affiliate (which is a little outside my budget at the moment).

There is a link to my polish in Buy/Sell below in my signature line. In the first message of my Buy/Sell is a link to my site for details on the polish (which is allowed). The site goes in to some depth on the how, why, and what of the polish.

The StyleForum, rightly so, does not want people trying to sell/promote their products in message threads that are not affiliate threads identified for that specific purpose, and I try to adhere to that policy as best I can. They specifically frown on posting a link to a your product site within a message thread, which would be a unfair to the paying affiliates.

I would be happy to answer any specific questions I can without specifically promoting the product or taking this thread off topic. I wish I could be more forthcoming, because I love talking about what the specific ingredients are, and why I used them.
I just wish it wouldn't be prohibitively expensive to get in the UK! The results look amazing and my partner is one of the women who is vaguely repulsed by the smell of saphir products!
post #5258 of 12472
Your blog doesn't load for whatever reason. I'm curious though...
post #5259 of 12472
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Your blog doesn't load for whatever reason. I'm curious though...

Try:  http://glenkarencare.com/gkcp/  and http://oldleathershoe.com/wordpress/?cat=3

post #5260 of 12472
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post

Who here shines their own shoes versus taking them to a shoe maker for a shine?

I used to take my shoes to Nordstroms Department store - where they maintain one of the best $2.50 shines in the nation.  I called the Seattle store a few months ago because I started shining my own shoes since moving to Montana from the southern California shopping mecca - and the manager suggested they offer upgrades in the types of shoe polishes if asked.  I also found one of the greatest shoe shine companies (with locations in a few major cities) that offer the Saphir Shine for $25.  If you happen to be near one of the major city stores, you will not be disappointed.  Go here for videos and other pricing:   http://ashineandco.com/  (They also do shines-by-mail)

post #5261 of 12472

When you say upgrade in shoe polish, I typically use Kiwi, how is their quality?

post #5262 of 12472
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

I used to take my shoes to Nordstroms Department store - where they maintain one of the best $2.50 shines in the nation.  I called the Seattle store a few months ago because I started shining my own shoes since moving to Montana from the southern California shopping mecca - and the manager suggested they offer upgrades in the types of shoe polishes if asked.  I also found one of the greatest shoe shine companies (with locations in a few major cities) that offer the Saphir Shine for $25.  If you happen to be near one of the major city stores, you will not be disappointed.  Go here for videos and other pricing:   http://ashineandco.com/  (They also do shines-by-mail)
25 bucks for a shoe shine!? You've been huffing Renomat again haven't you?
post #5263 of 12472

$25 for a shine wow that's expensive, however I got to see about my local Nordstrom offering shines for $2.50.

post #5264 of 12472
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post


25 bucks for a shoe shine!? You've been huffing Renomat again haven't you?

 

More than the cost of a whole jar of Renovateur.

post #5265 of 12472
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

More than the cost of a whole jar of Renovateur.
Even in the US!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**