Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 6/16/15 at 11:43am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 6/25/15 at 7:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More Last post on Today at 9:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Today at 3:05 pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 350post #5236 of 160455/22/13 at 1:17am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5237 of 160455/22/13 at 1:18ampost #5238 of 160455/22/13 at 1:26ampost #5239 of 160455/22/13 at 1:27ampost #5240 of 160455/22/13 at 1:39ampost #5241 of 160455/22/13 at 5:42ampost #5242 of 160455/22/13 at 5:49ampost #5243 of 160455/22/13 at 6:11ampost #5244 of 160455/22/13 at 6:19ampost #5245 of 160455/22/13 at 6:45ampost #5246 of 160455/22/13 at 6:54ampost #5247 of 160455/22/13 at 8:34ampost #5248 of 160455/22/13 at 11:09am
DW provided the last. I had multiple fittings to make sure the shoes were a size Glen.
Actually DW made these for me a couple of years ago, but I'm sure he is staying busy.
It's the off season for elves right now, so they work for cheap. I just leave the shoes out at night next to a couple of candy canes.
DW is a true craftsman, and an artist in his own right.Quote:
Thank you. DW allowed me to sit down with him and design the style together. I wanted a short wingtip, with no broguing, and a short heel counter to match. The Adelaide aspect was sort of a last minute design decision on my part, but DW was great to work with. The patina was added by DW and I try to evolve it as I can.
The High Shine polish is my own GlenKaren brand. I wanted a neutral paste polish that would produce the best mirror shine possible, and with the least amount of work, so I created my own. The side benefit is that it smells like oranges when you are applying it.
As far as the sole edge and heel; I normally just use a standard sole edge dressing (like Kiwi), I just haven’t applied it to these shoes yet.post #5249 of 160455/22/13 at 11:25ampost #5250 of 160455/22/13 at 11:53am
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Currently, there are 1521 Active Users (363 Members and 1158 Guests)
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 12 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 43 seconds ago
- › Visvim FBT Kudu JP Sand - Sz 11 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...