or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 310

post #4636 of 10803

I just picked up some lightly used AE kenilworth's off ebay for 120 shipped:

 

 

700

 

 

What should I clean them up with? Should I get renovateur, the AE polish, or bostonian? I am leaning towards the AE polish or bostonian because they are cheaper and available through amazon prime, which means I could polish the shoes as soon as they get here. I already have a long horsehair brush and old white cotton shirts to use. I also have the lexol cleaner and conditioner, are those OK to use?

post #4637 of 10803
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post

I just picked up some lightly used AE kenilworth's off ebay for 120 shipped:



700




What should I clean them up with? Should I get renovateur, the AE polish, or bostonian? I am leaning towards the AE polish or bostonian because they are cheaper and available through amazon prime, which means I could polish the shoes as soon as they get here. I already have a long horsehair brush and old white cotton shirts to use. I also have the lexol cleaner and conditioner, are those OK to use?
The Official Shoe Care Thread
post #4638 of 10803
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post


The Official Shoe Care Thread

 

Guess Im in the right place then?

post #4639 of 10803
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post

 

Guess Im in the right place then?


yes.  now start reading.

post #4640 of 10803
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post

I just picked up some lightly used AE kenilworth's off ebay for 120 shipped:

 

 

700

 

 

What should I clean them up with? Should I get renovateur, the AE polish, or bostonian? I am leaning towards the AE polish or bostonian because they are cheaper and available through amazon prime, which means I could polish the shoes as soon as they get here. I already have a long horsehair brush and old white cotton shirts to use. I also have the lexol cleaner and conditioner, are those OK to use?

 

Renovateur isn't magic in a bottle.  But it's close.  I'd use that followed by some quality polish form whatever brand you like.  I've used Lexol on my car seats but never on my shoes.

post #4641 of 10803
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Renovateur isn't magic in a bottle.  But it's close.  I'd use that followed by some quality polish form whatever brand you like.  I've used Lexol on my car seats but never on my shoes.

How does one clean the inside of used shoes to ensure cleanliness? You don't know who the previous owner is and if he has problems such as athlete's feet.
post #4642 of 10803

Ill probably rub the inside down with rubbing alcohol and the rest is a gamble.

post #4643 of 10803
What kind of product do I need to use on my Iron Rangers to get the semi-shine look like this pair? Venetian shoe cream? Thanks in advance.

post #4644 of 10803
You just need to work the material in and buff it!
post #4645 of 10803
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_golfing View Post

what color edge dressing do I need for these?

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4360407

Im thinking either Neutral or Brown??


bump bump
post #4646 of 10803
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_golfing View Post


bump bump

In don't think neutral will hurt, it will retain the color that is already there and add protection. Another edge dressing would tint or paint color over it. 

post #4647 of 10803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post

What kind of product do I need to use on my Iron Rangers to get the semi-shine look like this pair? Venetian shoe cream? Thanks in advance.
I'd use Obenaufs LP
post #4648 of 10803
Just got an email with this interesting little guide from Sid Mashburn, "The Sid Mashburn Shoe Shine Playbook:"
http://www.sidmashburn.com/shop/shoe-shine-playbook.html
post #4649 of 10803
Could someone help me id the name of this water bottle or where i could get one? Thanks!

post #4650 of 10803
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailgnow View Post

Could someone help me id the name of this water bottle or where i could get one? Thanks!

 

Here's where I ordered mine: 

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002RG187O/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002RG187O&linkCode=as2&tag=tt-20

 

Nice high quality item for sure. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**