Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 7/28/16 at 11:02pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 1:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 6:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Yesterday at 1:41 pm in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 296post #4427 of 186103/31/13 at 2:28pm
I speak from my own experience , and do not intend to conflict with any one.
You may try Leather Preparer to strip some colour , causing colour fade on the uppers. although Leather Preparer is very effective against newly put on pigment. It may not always work.
On Renomat and Renovateur , I don't believe that both will work. Renomat do wonders on colour stain, stuff that remains on top of leather and reflects . The thing that darkens your colour is called pigment, to which It can't do any thing. Renovateur, on the other hand, is a mild cleaner , only good enough for dust and so on . Plus its content , mink oil may also darken your shoes.
I would recommend you try Leather Preparer.
By the way, Collonil 1909 Leather Cream is similar to Saphir Renovateur, a gentle cleaner plus mild conditioner . It has Cedar Oil as conditioner , which doesn't do darkening.
Edited by SheenorShine - 3/31/13 at 5:55pmpost #4428 of 186103/31/13 at 2:37pm
Collonil Leather Gel is for waterproofing. Collonil has something with a similar name called Collonil Gel, which is for gentle cleaning. I don't believe they both condition your shoes.
On the other hand, their Crème de Luxe is quite renowned for conditioning. The newer 1909 Supreme Crème de Luxe has improved upon brightness.post #4429 of 186103/31/13 at 4:01pmpost #4430 of 186103/31/13 at 8:04pmpost #4431 of 186104/1/13 at 12:20ampost #4432 of 186104/2/13 at 12:10ampost #4433 of 186104/2/13 at 1:54ampost #4434 of 186104/2/13 at 3:31am
I now understand the want to put a spit shine on every shoe I own. Pulled out a pair of doc martens that I use as beaters, and the took to polish nicely.
Also, I have a pair I did with neutral, but noticed the dye starting to patina from the rubbing. I bought some color matched wax-- is it alright to put the colored wax on top of the neutral?post #4435 of 186104/2/13 at 3:43ampost #4436 of 186104/2/13 at 11:37ampost #4437 of 186104/2/13 at 12:41pmpost #4438 of 186104/2/13 at 12:55pmpost #4439 of 186104/2/13 at 1:03pmQuote:
Crat beat me to it. Shell *can* be mirror shined but I think some/many will agree that it doesn't suit shell like it does calf.
As mentioned previously, I kept this shine for about as long as it took to snap these pictures. I much prefer the look of shell's natural deep sheen, not a highly waxed finish.
Edited by patrick_b - 4/2/13 at 1:37pmpost #4440 of 186104/2/13 at 1:10pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 18 minutes ago
- › What is wrong with Brioni? 26 minutes ago
- › POLO RALPH LAUREN VTG Red P WING RINGS STADIUM CREWNECK 90's 1992... 28 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 28 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 42 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 44 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 53 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 58 minutes ago
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding