Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 7:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More Last post on Yesterday at 8:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Yesterday at 3:58 am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 296
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4427 of 151423/31/13 at 2:28pm
I speak from my own experience , and do not intend to conflict with any one.
You may try Leather Preparer to strip some colour , causing colour fade on the uppers. although Leather Preparer is very effective against newly put on pigment. It may not always work.
On Renomat and Renovateur , I don't believe that both will work. Renomat do wonders on colour stain, stuff that remains on top of leather and reflects . The thing that darkens your colour is called pigment, to which It can't do any thing. Renovateur, on the other hand, is a mild cleaner , only good enough for dust and so on . Plus its content , mink oil may also darken your shoes.
I would recommend you try Leather Preparer.
By the way, Collonil 1909 Leather Cream is similar to Saphir Renovateur, a gentle cleaner plus mild conditioner . It has Cedar Oil as conditioner , which doesn't do darkening.
Edited by SheenorShine - 3/31/13 at 5:55pmpost #4428 of 151423/31/13 at 2:37pm
Collonil Leather Gel is for waterproofing. Collonil has something with a similar name called Collonil Gel, which is for gentle cleaning. I don't believe they both condition your shoes.
On the other hand, their Crème de Luxe is quite renowned for conditioning. The newer 1909 Supreme Crème de Luxe has improved upon brightness.post #4429 of 151423/31/13 at 4:01pmpost #4430 of 151423/31/13 at 8:04pmpost #4431 of 151424/1/13 at 12:20ampost #4432 of 151424/2/13 at 12:10ampost #4433 of 151424/2/13 at 1:54ampost #4434 of 151424/2/13 at 3:31am
I now understand the want to put a spit shine on every shoe I own. Pulled out a pair of doc martens that I use as beaters, and the took to polish nicely.
Also, I have a pair I did with neutral, but noticed the dye starting to patina from the rubbing. I bought some color matched wax-- is it alright to put the colored wax on top of the neutral?post #4435 of 151424/2/13 at 3:43ampost #4436 of 151424/2/13 at 11:37ampost #4437 of 151424/2/13 at 12:41pmpost #4438 of 151424/2/13 at 12:55pmpost #4439 of 151424/2/13 at 1:03pmQuote:
Crat beat me to it. Shell *can* be mirror shined but I think some/many will agree that it doesn't suit shell like it does calf.
As mentioned previously, I kept this shine for about as long as it took to snap these pictures. I much prefer the look of shell's natural deep sheen, not a highly waxed finish.
Edited by patrick_b - 4/2/13 at 1:37pm
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 39 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › THE ALL-NEW! ALL-DIFFERENT! -- TOJ X-CHANGE THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan