I am sorry if my question has already been asked. I've read the entire shoecare supply checklist thread, and at least 25 pages of this one... I tried to find my answer prior to asking.
1. How often do you recommend stripping wax? Is there anything recommended besides Renomat?
2. How often should I condition? Some say every always, some say 1x/month.
3. Recently bought first pair AE's (walnut "Player") on ebay, and want to increase patina - should I just use natural, or also walnut polish?
After reading posts I have altered my years-old, handed-down routine to be as follows:
1a. wipe shoes clean with a damp tshirt
1b. use Saddle Soap once/ month with a damp tshirt (is this redundant is I do #2?)
2. condition shoes with Venetian Shoe Cream in circular motion (less expensive than Saphir, ,and I like some of the results I saw), let sit 5 mins, buff brush
3. apply AE shoe polish from tube in circular motion with old gym sock, let sit 5 mins, buff brush
4. my kiwi waxes were all shriveled and dead... do I replace them and add this as a step, or is the AE tubed polish sufficient?
Any comments to my methods and questions are appreciated.