or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 278

post #4156 of 10127
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

Here is a link to my blog that shows what makes up my shoe shine kit. Missing are the stacks of jars of cream polish.

http://abitofcolor.tumblr.com/post/44466237384/shoe-shine-sunday-i-find-shining-my-shoes-to-be

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


 

You, sir, need more brushes.

post #4157 of 10127
Years ago when I sent my Berluti shoes off to be refinished they came back with these plastic shoe trees. Because of their light weight they are perfect for travel and polishing your shoes. After all, who wants to get shoe polish on their nice shoe trees?


post #4158 of 10127
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

Years ago when I sent my Berluti shoes off to be refinished they came back with these plastic shoe trees. Because of their light weight they are perfect for travel and polishing your shoes. After all, who wants to get shoe polish on their nice shoe trees?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



 

Those would be handy because I bet I could still reach my hand partially in there to get a good grip. (My paws aren't that big.)

post #4159 of 10127
I'm curious, and sure some of the experts on this thread can answer: for polishing shoes, of course I've read (and used) all about the specially marketed cotton cloths and cut-up T-shirts, but can anyone tell me if microfiber polishing cloths are suitable for final polishing of shoes? Do they work, and is there a reason they do or don't?
post #4160 of 10127
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCer View Post

I'm curious, and sure some of the experts on this thread can answer: for polishing shoes, of course I've read (and used) all about the specially marketed cotton cloths and cut-up T-shirts, but can anyone tell me if microfiber polishing cloths are suitable for final polishing of shoes? Do they work, and is there a reason they do or don't?
they do work but no better than an old cotton tee shirt i have an old flannel sheet ive been cutting into pieces for a couple years still got @half of it left
post #4161 of 10127
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCer View Post

I'm curious, and sure some of the experts on this thread can answer: for polishing shoes, of course I've read (and used) all about the specially marketed cotton cloths and cut-up T-shirts, but can anyone tell me if microfiber polishing cloths are suitable for final polishing of shoes? Do they work, and is there a reason they do or don't?

Cotton balls, microfiber this or that, or even this cloth or that cloth, but in the end an old cotton T-shirt stretched tight over your finger will work just fine. It's just that some people land on one or the other when they eventually get it to work, and then they wont want to change.

post #4162 of 10127

I want to post pictures of my shoe care Tools 

 

 

 

3 types of 'Box'

 

First, the Transparent plastic box: Shoe Deo, Creams, Cream Dauber (Horse & Pig Bristle), Cream Brush Pig Bristle, Leather Chamois & Cream Cloth

 

Second, the wooden Box: Leather Cleaner, Leather Lotion (Collonil & Cololite), Menda Alcohol Container, Water Dispenser, Wax (Saphir, Kiwi & Bootblack), Horsehair Brush (Medium & Large) & Cleaning Cloth

 

Third, the large Tin Can: Leather Conditioner Cream by Howard, Sole Cleaning Brush, High Shine Cloth (Ex-T Shirt)

 

I also use a red, leather-like carpet to protect my table from dirty sole.

post #4163 of 10127
Quote:
Originally Posted by paskaldjay View Post

I want to post pictures of my shoe care Tools 



3 types of 'Box'

First, the Transparent plastic box: Shoe Deo, Creams, Cream Dauber (Horse & Pig Bristle), Cream Brush Pig Bristle, Leather Chamois & Cream Cloth

Second, the wooden Box: Leather Cleaner, Leather Lotion (Collonil & Cololite), Menda Alcohol Container, Water Dispenser, Wax (Saphir, Kiwi & Bootblack), Horsehair Brush (Medium & Large) & Cleaning Cloth

Third, the large Tin Can: Leather Conditioner Cream by Howard, Sole Cleaning Brush, High Shine Cloth (Ex-T Shirt)

I also use a red, leather-like carpet to protect my table from dirty sole.

Are you a centipede?
post #4164 of 10127
Collonil revamped their entire 'Premium" line and renamed it the '1909' line




Seems like the Diamant is out'a window, a real bummer for me since I really liked its cedar oil smell
The new Supreme Creme feels and smells like petrolium jelly (Vaseline) frown.gif
post #4165 of 10127

Guys,

Looking for the most suitable Saphir Color for these tan shoes (cream & polish).

I was thinking light brown (#03) or fawn (#19) fo cream polish and light brown for Pate de Luxe.

 

1.

 

2.

post #4166 of 10127
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

Collonil revamped their entire 'Premium" line and renamed it the '1909' line

Seems like the Diamant is out'a window, a real bummer for me since I really liked its cedar oil smell
The new Supreme Creme feels and smells like petrolium jelly (Vaseline) frown.gif

 

Doesn't the new Creme De Luxe also contain cedar oil? I just got one to replace my old Coxy cream and that's what the label says. I haven't started using it yet though.

post #4167 of 10127
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwjd View Post

Doesn't the new Creme De Luxe also contain cedar oil? I just got one to replace my old Coxy cream and that's what the label says. I haven't started using it yet though.

Yes it apparently does, but I couldn't smell it biggrin.gif
post #4168 of 10127
Quote:
Originally Posted by madeinpoland View Post

Guys,
Looking for the most suitable Saphir Color for these tan shoes (cream & polish).
I was thinking light brown (#03) or fawn (#19) fo cream polish and light brown for Pate de Luxe.

1.



2.


I think cognac color is correct for tan, then if you are daring alternate yellow and mahogany wax.
post #4169 of 10127
Almost Done : ) More pics here.









post #4170 of 10127
Quote:
Originally Posted by paskaldjay View Post

I want to post pictures of my shoe care Tools 



3 types of 'Box'

First, the Transparent plastic box: Shoe Deo, Creams, Cream Dauber (Horse & Pig Bristle), Cream Brush Pig Bristle, Leather Chamois & Cream Cloth

Second, the wooden Box: Leather Cleaner, Leather Lotion (Collonil & Cololite), Menda Alcohol Container, Water Dispenser, Wax (Saphir, Kiwi & Bootblack), Horsehair Brush (Medium & Large) & Cleaning Cloth

Third, the large Tin Can: Leather Conditioner Cream by Howard, Sole Cleaning Brush, High Shine Cloth (Ex-T Shirt)

I also use a red, leather-like carpet to protect my table from dirty sole.

Where did you buy that plastic box please?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**