Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sole Welting Last post on 8/17/14 at 10:03pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 8/17/14 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 8:19 am in Classic Menswear
- Price drop: Carmina Burgundy Adelaides 11.5UK Last post on 8/6/14 at 2:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 4:26 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 277post #4141 of 103943/1/13 at 3:34pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4142 of 103943/1/13 at 5:55pmpost #4143 of 103943/2/13 at 11:01amAnybody have some suggestions for these (but in black)? I've had them a few months and they're among the most comfortable things I've ever worn, but I've been neglecting their care. The leather is very soft and was never shiny, so really just requires some cleaning/protection.
http://shop.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4208754post #4144 of 103943/2/13 at 6:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Touching Cloth
Anybody have some suggestions for these (but in black)? I've had them a few months and they're among the most comfortable things I've ever worn, but I've been neglecting their care. The leather is very soft and was never shiny, so really just requires some cleaning/protection.
I want to avoid pitching my polish directly in this thread, but on a specific question like this I would have to say that I think my black cream polish would work great for these shoes in black.post #4145 of 103943/2/13 at 7:01pmHey quick question...I only have a horsehair applicator brush and not the full/longer shine brush.
I'm pissed cause thought I had one and was about to start polishing some black shoes. Can I use the smaller applicator brush for buffing the whole shoe? I don't plan to use it for applying polish since am using cloth instead.post #4146 of 103943/2/13 at 10:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beach Bum
Hey quick question...I only have a horsehair applicator brush and not the full/longer shine brush.
I'm pissed cause thought I had one and was about to start polishing some black shoes. Can I use the smaller applicator brush for buffing the whole shoe? I don't plan to use it for applying polish since am using cloth instead.
Not really. You won't be able to get the proper leverage or stroke production with the applicator brush.post #4147 of 103943/2/13 at 10:53pmpost #4148 of 103943/3/13 at 12:21ampost #4149 of 103943/3/13 at 1:54ampost #4150 of 103943/3/13 at 2:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
I think I've taken the shining as far as I want now. Thanks again to all who provided advice! May I present my efforts: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great job Gerry. Now you have to practice your cussing for when you scuff the toe against something.post #4151 of 103943/3/13 at 2:31ampost #4152 of 103943/3/13 at 3:05amQuote:
Thanks all - at least if it gets scuffed, I know how to get it back. Once you achieve the shine, you must let it go - this is the Way Of The Shine a.k.a. Shine-do.
Next, I want to work on getting a graduated shine the way Crat has described.post #4153 of 103943/3/13 at 3:10ampost #4154 of 103943/3/13 at 8:19ampost #4155 of 103943/3/13 at 2:36pmHere is a link to my blog that shows what makes up my shoe shine kit. Missing are the stacks of jars of cream polish.
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Currently, there are 1986 Active Users (395 Members and 1591 Guests)
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 22nd AUGUST: THE 'NO BLUES' CHALLENGE 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 4 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)