Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 6/16/15 at 11:43am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 6/25/15 at 7:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More Last post on Today at 3:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Today at 3:32 pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 277post #4141 of 160473/1/13 at 3:34pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4142 of 160473/1/13 at 5:55pmpost #4143 of 160473/2/13 at 11:01amAnybody have some suggestions for these (but in black)? I've had them a few months and they're among the most comfortable things I've ever worn, but I've been neglecting their care. The leather is very soft and was never shiny, so really just requires some cleaning/protection.
http://shop.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4208754post #4144 of 160473/2/13 at 6:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Touching Cloth
Anybody have some suggestions for these (but in black)? I've had them a few months and they're among the most comfortable things I've ever worn, but I've been neglecting their care. The leather is very soft and was never shiny, so really just requires some cleaning/protection.
I want to avoid pitching my polish directly in this thread, but on a specific question like this I would have to say that I think my black cream polish would work great for these shoes in black.post #4145 of 160473/2/13 at 7:01pmHey quick question...I only have a horsehair applicator brush and not the full/longer shine brush.
I'm pissed cause thought I had one and was about to start polishing some black shoes. Can I use the smaller applicator brush for buffing the whole shoe? I don't plan to use it for applying polish since am using cloth instead.post #4146 of 160473/2/13 at 10:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beach Bum
Hey quick question...I only have a horsehair applicator brush and not the full/longer shine brush.
I'm pissed cause thought I had one and was about to start polishing some black shoes. Can I use the smaller applicator brush for buffing the whole shoe? I don't plan to use it for applying polish since am using cloth instead.
Not really. You won't be able to get the proper leverage or stroke production with the applicator brush.post #4147 of 160473/2/13 at 10:53pmpost #4148 of 160473/3/13 at 12:21ampost #4149 of 160473/3/13 at 1:54ampost #4150 of 160473/3/13 at 2:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
I think I've taken the shining as far as I want now. Thanks again to all who provided advice! May I present my efforts: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great job Gerry. Now you have to practice your cussing for when you scuff the toe against something.post #4151 of 160473/3/13 at 2:31ampost #4152 of 160473/3/13 at 3:05amQuote:
Thanks all - at least if it gets scuffed, I know how to get it back. Once you achieve the shine, you must let it go - this is the Way Of The Shine a.k.a. Shine-do.
Next, I want to work on getting a graduated shine the way Crat has described.post #4153 of 160473/3/13 at 3:10ampost #4154 of 160473/3/13 at 8:19ampost #4155 of 160473/3/13 at 2:36pmHere is a link to my blog that shows what makes up my shoe shine kit. Missing are the stacks of jars of cream polish.
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Currently, there are 920 Active Users (154 Members and 766 Guests)
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 14 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 15 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 20 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 21 minutes ago
- › LAB PAL ZILERI JACKET BLAZER 24 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 24 minutes ago
- › Willing to Buy: Penfield Gibson Rain Jacket Olive Extra Small 25 minutes ago
- › RALPH LAUREN PURPLE LABEL CLASSIC LINEN SPORT SHIRT 28 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...