Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 10/19/16 at 2:44am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 10/20/16 at 7:38am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 9:09 am in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Today at 2:26 pm in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 277post #4141 of 189293/1/13 at 3:34pmpost #4142 of 189293/1/13 at 5:55pmpost #4143 of 189293/2/13 at 11:01amAnybody have some suggestions for these (but in black)? I've had them a few months and they're among the most comfortable things I've ever worn, but I've been neglecting their care. The leather is very soft and was never shiny, so really just requires some cleaning/protection.
http://shop.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4208754post #4144 of 189293/2/13 at 6:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Touching Cloth
Anybody have some suggestions for these (but in black)? I've had them a few months and they're among the most comfortable things I've ever worn, but I've been neglecting their care. The leather is very soft and was never shiny, so really just requires some cleaning/protection.
I want to avoid pitching my polish directly in this thread, but on a specific question like this I would have to say that I think my black cream polish would work great for these shoes in black.post #4145 of 189293/2/13 at 7:01pmHey quick question...I only have a horsehair applicator brush and not the full/longer shine brush.
I'm pissed cause thought I had one and was about to start polishing some black shoes. Can I use the smaller applicator brush for buffing the whole shoe? I don't plan to use it for applying polish since am using cloth instead.post #4146 of 189293/2/13 at 10:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beach Bum
Hey quick question...I only have a horsehair applicator brush and not the full/longer shine brush.
I'm pissed cause thought I had one and was about to start polishing some black shoes. Can I use the smaller applicator brush for buffing the whole shoe? I don't plan to use it for applying polish since am using cloth instead.
Not really. You won't be able to get the proper leverage or stroke production with the applicator brush.post #4147 of 189293/2/13 at 10:53pmpost #4148 of 189293/3/13 at 12:21ampost #4149 of 189293/3/13 at 1:54ampost #4150 of 189293/3/13 at 2:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
I think I've taken the shining as far as I want now. Thanks again to all who provided advice! May I present my efforts: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great job Gerry. Now you have to practice your cussing for when you scuff the toe against something.post #4151 of 189293/3/13 at 2:31ampost #4152 of 189293/3/13 at 3:05amQuote:
Thanks all - at least if it gets scuffed, I know how to get it back. Once you achieve the shine, you must let it go - this is the Way Of The Shine a.k.a. Shine-do.
Next, I want to work on getting a graduated shine the way Crat has described.post #4153 of 189293/3/13 at 3:10ampost #4154 of 189293/3/13 at 8:19ampost #4155 of 189293/3/13 at 2:36pmHere is a link to my blog that shows what makes up my shoe shine kit. Missing are the stacks of jars of cream polish.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Currently, there are 1421 Active Users (313 Members and 1108 Guests)
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green GALWAY (10.5UK) 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...