Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sole Welting Last post on Yesterday at 6:59 am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 9/13/14 at 9:53pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- Price drop: Carmina Burgundy Adelaides 11.5UK Last post on 8/6/14 at 2:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 3:26 am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 259post #3871 of 106972/12/13 at 2:21am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3872 of 106972/12/13 at 2:21ampost #3873 of 106972/12/13 at 4:25amQuote:
Thank you, its a combination because I sometimes walk on the wet pavement (not under a shower, for that day, I would use a rubber sole shoes), but normally I don't walk a lot.
Could you suggest some e-shops that I can buy the taps?
Thank you.post #3874 of 106972/12/13 at 6:58ampost #3875 of 106972/12/13 at 7:12ampost #3876 of 106972/12/13 at 7:15ampost #3877 of 106972/12/13 at 7:22ampost #3878 of 106972/12/13 at 7:30ampost #3879 of 106972/12/13 at 7:46amQuote:Originally Posted by azumi
Good day to everybody. Should I use topy or tap on the leather sole of my shoes?
I searched this forum and I find the controversy about this issue. Someone said that the leather sole needs to breathe, but someone said the topy is helpful to prolong the sole and does no harm to the leather because of the lack of breathability.
I want to hear some suggestion from you.
not sure this is a viable option for you, but I just thought it looked cool (since we`re talking about sole reinforcement)post #3880 of 106972/12/13 at 8:08ampost #3881 of 106972/12/13 at 10:00amQuote:
Looks cool, it's a Vibram's product, isn't it?
However, there is an opinion what saying that the shoes (with original soles) should be worn for several times or more before adding the topy ( it helps to strengthen adhesive). That's what I heard.post #3882 of 106972/12/13 at 10:57amQuote:
That could be Vibram, but could be another brand too. The Topy and Vibram ones I have have their logo on them. You don;t need to wear the shoes a few times before getting the sole cover put on, as the shoe repair shop will sand it down for you to make the sole cover stick to the sole. Either way is fine I think.post #3883 of 106972/12/13 at 2:46pmX-post from a Loake Pimlico thread:Quote:Originally Posted by SHS
I have wondered about the same thing. Ideally you would be able to renew the topying on your shoes when it wore out, and thus delay the need for a resole. I have not yet tried it, but perhaps you should ask in the shoe care thread. By the way, I found some info on Loake's repair service:
Will leather soles with renewable topys last longer than rubber soles? How many times would you be able to get soles re-topyed? I imagine it would greatly reduce the need for resoling?post #3884 of 106972/12/13 at 3:06pmHere are some pictures of the boots I mentioned, with the cracks beginning to show. I have them basting in some leather lotion right now. Would appreciate the collective wisdom for how best and most efficiently to hydrate them.
Closeups (Click to show)
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
- › Are double monks played out? 1 second ago
- › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks 6 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 6 seconds ago
- › PT01 NWT Pants sz 37 Sand Heavy brushed cotton 33 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 38 seconds ago
- › PT01 Pants NWT Plum heavy brushed cotton 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Isaia Cotton Pants 35x29 3 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)