Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 10:59 am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 12:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Yesterday at 8:53 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 259post #3871 of 163692/12/13 at 2:21am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3872 of 163692/12/13 at 2:21ampost #3873 of 163692/12/13 at 4:25amQuote:
Thank you, its a combination because I sometimes walk on the wet pavement (not under a shower, for that day, I would use a rubber sole shoes), but normally I don't walk a lot.
Could you suggest some e-shops that I can buy the taps?
Thank you.post #3874 of 163692/12/13 at 6:58ampost #3875 of 163692/12/13 at 7:12ampost #3876 of 163692/12/13 at 7:15ampost #3877 of 163692/12/13 at 7:22ampost #3878 of 163692/12/13 at 7:30ampost #3879 of 163692/12/13 at 7:46amQuote:Originally Posted by azumi
Good day to everybody. Should I use topy or tap on the leather sole of my shoes?
I searched this forum and I find the controversy about this issue. Someone said that the leather sole needs to breathe, but someone said the topy is helpful to prolong the sole and does no harm to the leather because of the lack of breathability.
I want to hear some suggestion from you.
not sure this is a viable option for you, but I just thought it looked cool (since we`re talking about sole reinforcement)post #3880 of 163692/12/13 at 8:08ampost #3881 of 163692/12/13 at 10:00amQuote:
Looks cool, it's a Vibram's product, isn't it?
However, there is an opinion what saying that the shoes (with original soles) should be worn for several times or more before adding the topy ( it helps to strengthen adhesive). That's what I heard.post #3882 of 163692/12/13 at 10:57amQuote:
That could be Vibram, but could be another brand too. The Topy and Vibram ones I have have their logo on them. You don;t need to wear the shoes a few times before getting the sole cover put on, as the shoe repair shop will sand it down for you to make the sole cover stick to the sole. Either way is fine I think.post #3883 of 163692/12/13 at 2:46pmX-post from a Loake Pimlico thread:Quote:Originally Posted by SHS
I have wondered about the same thing. Ideally you would be able to renew the topying on your shoes when it wore out, and thus delay the need for a resole. I have not yet tried it, but perhaps you should ask in the shoe care thread. By the way, I found some info on Loake's repair service:
Will leather soles with renewable topys last longer than rubber soles? How many times would you be able to get soles re-topyed? I imagine it would greatly reduce the need for resoling?post #3884 of 163692/12/13 at 3:06pmHere are some pictures of the boots I mentioned, with the cracks beginning to show. I have them basting in some leather lotion right now. Would appreciate the collective wisdom for how best and most efficiently to hydrate them.
Closeups (Click to show)
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 3 minutes ago
- › GMTO: Carmina Chocolate Brown Suede Oxford or My Next OneShoe 7 minutes ago
- › Exclusive La Portegna x No Man Walks Alone collaboration zip wallet... 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › *Edited* Helping a rural Midwestern find his classic style 10 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...