Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 12:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 3:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Today at 1:54 pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 259post #3871 of 177422/12/13 at 2:21am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3872 of 177422/12/13 at 2:21ampost #3873 of 177422/12/13 at 4:25amQuote:
Thank you, its a combination because I sometimes walk on the wet pavement (not under a shower, for that day, I would use a rubber sole shoes), but normally I don't walk a lot.
Could you suggest some e-shops that I can buy the taps?
Thank you.post #3874 of 177422/12/13 at 6:58ampost #3875 of 177422/12/13 at 7:12ampost #3876 of 177422/12/13 at 7:15ampost #3877 of 177422/12/13 at 7:22ampost #3878 of 177422/12/13 at 7:30ampost #3879 of 177422/12/13 at 7:46amQuote:Originally Posted by azumi
Good day to everybody. Should I use topy or tap on the leather sole of my shoes?
I searched this forum and I find the controversy about this issue. Someone said that the leather sole needs to breathe, but someone said the topy is helpful to prolong the sole and does no harm to the leather because of the lack of breathability.
I want to hear some suggestion from you.
not sure this is a viable option for you, but I just thought it looked cool (since we`re talking about sole reinforcement)post #3880 of 177422/12/13 at 8:08ampost #3881 of 177422/12/13 at 10:00amQuote:
Looks cool, it's a Vibram's product, isn't it?
However, there is an opinion what saying that the shoes (with original soles) should be worn for several times or more before adding the topy ( it helps to strengthen adhesive). That's what I heard.post #3882 of 177422/12/13 at 10:57amQuote:
That could be Vibram, but could be another brand too. The Topy and Vibram ones I have have their logo on them. You don;t need to wear the shoes a few times before getting the sole cover put on, as the shoe repair shop will sand it down for you to make the sole cover stick to the sole. Either way is fine I think.post #3883 of 177422/12/13 at 2:46pmX-post from a Loake Pimlico thread:Quote:Originally Posted by SHS
I have wondered about the same thing. Ideally you would be able to renew the topying on your shoes when it wore out, and thus delay the need for a resole. I have not yet tried it, but perhaps you should ask in the shoe care thread. By the way, I found some info on Loake's repair service:
Will leather soles with renewable topys last longer than rubber soles? How many times would you be able to get soles re-topyed? I imagine it would greatly reduce the need for resoling?post #3884 of 177422/12/13 at 3:06pmHere are some pictures of the boots I mentioned, with the cracks beginning to show. I have them basting in some leather lotion right now. Would appreciate the collective wisdom for how best and most efficiently to hydrate them.
Closeups (Click to show)
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...