Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 7/27/15 at 1:53pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 4:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Today at 5:55 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 250post #3736 of 163681/29/13 at 10:09am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3737 of 163681/29/13 at 10:52ampost #3738 of 163681/29/13 at 11:24ampost #3739 of 163681/29/13 at 11:39ampost #3740 of 163681/29/13 at 12:25pmQuote:
Saphir Renovateur will give you a shine as well because it also contains wax. You could use Renovateur in lieu of neutral polish if you like, but I wouldn't suggest it since Renovateur is really a cleaner and conditioner.
You should not have to clean your shoes with a cleaner as often as you polish them. There is no real downside to doing it, but there is no real upside either.post #3741 of 163681/29/13 at 1:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by sdolina
Need an advise here, please.
Have found a nice buffalo grain Lobb Russel on a sale in Germany, 599 euro instead of 1100
Everything is okay exept the strange dark line and stains inside the shoe on the very toe tip.
What is it, sort of rotting and I should stay away or nothing dangerous, just a glue and a new JL quality approach?
It is rottening like hell and if you put them on your toes will rot too.
I will take care of them for you, just send them over.post #3742 of 163681/29/13 at 4:37pmpost #3743 of 163681/29/13 at 4:39pmQuote:
every 10-15 wears.post #3744 of 163681/29/13 at 4:41pmpost #3745 of 163681/29/13 at 5:37pmpost #3746 of 163681/29/13 at 6:05pmpost #3747 of 163681/29/13 at 6:23pm
I think the real answer may be "learn to love the creases".
As you say, the asymmetry in creasing occurs because your feet are asymmetric. You can reduce the effect with tight fitting shoe trees, and Nick Valenti of B Nelson shoes posted his method for reducing creases in shoes. However, I assume that any creases so smoothed will start to return as soon as you start walking again. Shoes crease. Learn to love it.post #3748 of 163681/29/13 at 6:42pmpost #3749 of 163681/29/13 at 7:39pmpost #3750 of 163681/29/13 at 9:12pmQuote:
Why? It works.
Also, acetone and bleach works as well for creating a real patina instead of the cream painted meh. Not for the feint hearted shoe collectors.
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 seconds ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 36 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 3 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...