Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 9:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 1:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 4:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Yesterday at 12:59 pm in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 250post #3736 of 186101/29/13 at 10:09ampost #3737 of 186101/29/13 at 10:52ampost #3738 of 186101/29/13 at 11:24ampost #3739 of 186101/29/13 at 11:39ampost #3740 of 186101/29/13 at 12:25pmQuote:
Saphir Renovateur will give you a shine as well because it also contains wax. You could use Renovateur in lieu of neutral polish if you like, but I wouldn't suggest it since Renovateur is really a cleaner and conditioner.
You should not have to clean your shoes with a cleaner as often as you polish them. There is no real downside to doing it, but there is no real upside either.post #3741 of 186101/29/13 at 1:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by sdolina
Need an advise here, please.
Have found a nice buffalo grain Lobb Russel on a sale in Germany, 599 euro instead of 1100
Everything is okay exept the strange dark line and stains inside the shoe on the very toe tip.
What is it, sort of rotting and I should stay away or nothing dangerous, just a glue and a new JL quality approach?
It is rottening like hell and if you put them on your toes will rot too.
I will take care of them for you, just send them over.post #3742 of 186101/29/13 at 4:37pmpost #3743 of 186101/29/13 at 4:39pmQuote:
every 10-15 wears.post #3744 of 186101/29/13 at 4:41pmpost #3745 of 186101/29/13 at 5:37pmpost #3746 of 186101/29/13 at 6:05pmpost #3747 of 186101/29/13 at 6:23pm
I think the real answer may be "learn to love the creases".
As you say, the asymmetry in creasing occurs because your feet are asymmetric. You can reduce the effect with tight fitting shoe trees, and Nick Valenti of B Nelson shoes posted his method for reducing creases in shoes. However, I assume that any creases so smoothed will start to return as soon as you start walking again. Shoes crease. Learn to love it.post #3748 of 186101/29/13 at 6:42pmpost #3749 of 186101/29/13 at 7:39pmpost #3750 of 186101/29/13 at 9:12pmQuote:
Why? It works.
Also, acetone and bleach works as well for creating a real patina instead of the cream painted meh. Not for the feint hearted shoe collectors.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 8 seconds ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 42 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 2 minutes ago
- › NWOT Gitman Vintage Stripe Shirt 15.5---Spread Collar 4 minutes ago
- › TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): SPRING-SUMMER EDITION 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 7 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding