Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More Last post on Today at 7:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Yesterday at 7:49 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 250post #3736 of 151931/29/13 at 10:09am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3737 of 151931/29/13 at 10:52ampost #3738 of 151931/29/13 at 11:24ampost #3739 of 151931/29/13 at 11:39ampost #3740 of 151931/29/13 at 12:25pmQuote:
Saphir Renovateur will give you a shine as well because it also contains wax. You could use Renovateur in lieu of neutral polish if you like, but I wouldn't suggest it since Renovateur is really a cleaner and conditioner.
You should not have to clean your shoes with a cleaner as often as you polish them. There is no real downside to doing it, but there is no real upside either.post #3741 of 151931/29/13 at 1:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by sdolina
Need an advise here, please.
Have found a nice buffalo grain Lobb Russel on a sale in Germany, 599 euro instead of 1100
Everything is okay exept the strange dark line and stains inside the shoe on the very toe tip.
What is it, sort of rotting and I should stay away or nothing dangerous, just a glue and a new JL quality approach?
It is rottening like hell and if you put them on your toes will rot too.
I will take care of them for you, just send them over.post #3742 of 151931/29/13 at 4:37pmpost #3743 of 151931/29/13 at 4:39pmQuote:
every 10-15 wears.post #3744 of 151931/29/13 at 4:41pmpost #3745 of 151931/29/13 at 5:37pmpost #3746 of 151931/29/13 at 6:05pmpost #3747 of 151931/29/13 at 6:23pm
I think the real answer may be "learn to love the creases".
As you say, the asymmetry in creasing occurs because your feet are asymmetric. You can reduce the effect with tight fitting shoe trees, and Nick Valenti of B Nelson shoes posted his method for reducing creases in shoes. However, I assume that any creases so smoothed will start to return as soon as you start walking again. Shoes crease. Learn to love it.post #3748 of 151931/29/13 at 6:42pmpost #3749 of 151931/29/13 at 7:39pmpost #3750 of 151931/29/13 at 9:12pmQuote:
Why? It works.
Also, acetone and bleach works as well for creating a real patina instead of the cream painted meh. Not for the feint hearted shoe collectors.
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
- › Need help finding these Shoes/Boots 51 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 52 seconds ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 1 minute ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 9 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan