or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 250

post #3736 of 10216
You live and learn. Just too keen to play with my new toy box and didn't think!
post #3737 of 10216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

Shouldn't the shoes already be clean?

Of course, brushing etc. removes a lot of unwanted dust and dirt, but something will always penetrate a little further into the leather and edges which the reno will get out.
post #3738 of 10216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crat View Post

I only use my fingers when 'painting' shoes using saphir's teinture francaise.

 

See, I use my fingers for renovateur and always have done so - the cloth will absorb more than the shoes, otherwise...

post #3739 of 10216
Plus, you won't have to use nivea on your hands anymore laugh.gif

I usually use one of these for renovateur.
post #3740 of 10216
Quote:
Originally Posted by irelentless View Post




Wouldn't it make sense to use the Reno more frequently just to clean the shoes and use polish when the shoe needs some shine?

Saphir Renovateur will give you a shine as well because it also contains wax. You could use Renovateur in lieu of neutral polish if you like, but I wouldn't suggest it since Renovateur is really a cleaner and conditioner.

You should not have to clean your shoes with a cleaner as often as you polish them. There is no real downside to doing it, but there is no real upside either.
post #3741 of 10216
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdolina View Post

Need an advise here, please.

Have found a nice buffalo grain Lobb Russel on a sale in Germany, 599 euro instead of 1100

Everything is okay exept the strange dark line and stains inside the shoe on the very toe tip.

What is it, sort of rotting and I should stay away or nothing dangerous, just a glue and a new JL quality approach?

 

 

It is rottening like hell and if you put them on your toes will rot too.

I will take care of them for you, just send them over.

post #3742 of 10216

Just got my shoes and while I love them, it would be nice if they were a tad bit darker brown. If the polish I use is a bit darker than the original leather, will it permanently change it to the darker brown as long as I polish regularly(how often should I polish)?
 

post #3743 of 10216
Quote:
Originally Posted by irelentless View Post

Just got my shoes and while I love them, it would be nice if they were a tad bit darker brown. If the polish I use is a bit darker than the original leather, will it permanently change it to the darker brown as long as I polish regularly(how often should I polish)?
 

every 10-15 wears.

post #3744 of 10216

k thanks, so the polish will turn them darker?
 

post #3745 of 10216
Chris Crat, what maker are those shoes you polished in your video? Lobbs? Looks beautiful.
post #3746 of 10216
So it seems my left foot is smaller than my right one, since the left shoe is showing awful creases and the right one almost none,

what do you do guys to compensate this? what is the best thing to do?
post #3747 of 10216

I think the real answer may be "learn to love the creases".

 

As you say, the asymmetry in creasing occurs because your feet are asymmetric. You can reduce the effect with tight fitting shoe trees, and Nick Valenti of B Nelson shoes posted his method for reducing creases in shoes. However, I assume that any creases so smoothed will start to return as soon as you start walking again.   Shoes crease. Learn to love it.

post #3748 of 10216

Just got some Saphir Renovateur and neutral cream...coming from a long time kiwi user, this is just a whole new level.  Definitely sold on Saphir.

post #3749 of 10216

Do you guys recommend putting on a coat of polish and using cleaner/conditioner before wearing a new pair of shoes for the first time?
 

post #3750 of 10216
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

I can't conceive of someone using a lighter on their shoes let alone a HEAT GUN!?!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post

Just searches for 'lighter shoe shining'; made me sad.

 

Why?  It works.

 

Also, acetone and bleach works as well for creating a real patina instead of the cream painted meh.  Not for the feint hearted shoe collectors.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**