Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sole Welting Last post on Today at 8:59 am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:22pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 12:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Price drop: Carmina Burgundy Adelaides 11.5UK Last post on 8/6/14 at 2:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 3:59 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 207post #3091 of 1081310/23/12 at 5:05am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3092 of 1081310/23/12 at 7:24amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Also, check out Obenauf's Leather Oil. I use it on my leather sofa. Check out their stuff here: https://www.obenaufs.com/index.php?route=common/home
Your'e giving me ideas...
Would it be so ridiculous to mirror shine my leather sofa, especially if I only do the front of the armrests?
Learpost #3093 of 1081310/23/12 at 7:25ampost #3094 of 1081310/23/12 at 7:46ampost #3095 of 1081310/23/12 at 7:48ampost #3096 of 1081310/23/12 at 8:09ampost #3097 of 1081310/23/12 at 8:57amQuote:
Promise I shall. Think I might have hit upon an untried method of seduction here. So many ideas are flooding my mind right now.
I'll simply leave with these words... SHE SHALL BE MINE!
Give me a few weeks to build up the layers, and I'll get back to you all. In the mean time, back to your scheduled programme and apologies for the off-topic interruption.
See you all in a few weeks...
Learpost #3098 of 1081310/23/12 at 9:05ampost #3099 of 1081310/23/12 at 9:14ampost #3100 of 1081310/23/12 at 9:15ampost #3101 of 1081310/23/12 at 9:18amQuote:Originally Posted by bitesize
I'm getting my first pair of shoes worth caring for, the Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot in Brown. I'm curious what is important for my shoe care "starter kit" to best care for these boots (and provide the foundation for more purchases as I get more adventurous). Based on what I've read, I'm thinking a good place to start might be:
AE Horsehair Dauber
I've never understood the point.AE Horsehair Shine Brush
You can get a $5 Kiwi one at grocery stores, but either way.AE Cotton Flannel Polishing Cloth x2
Use a rag, old-shirt, or go to Wal-Mart or JoAnns and buy all the fabric you would ever need for $5.AE Conditioner/Cleaner
Not necessary.AE Combination Cedar Shoe Trees
Yes to shoe-trees - doesn't much matter the type.Kiwi Brown Paste Polish
Only if you want to bull the toe, which is a bit tricky on chromexcel, otherwise not necessary.Atsko Sno-Seal Wax
Yes.Lexol Leather Cleaner
Not necessary.post #3102 of 1081310/23/12 at 10:03ampost #3103 of 1081310/23/12 at 10:14am
Okay, here's a question: I have a bridle leather briefcase that I treated with Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP. When it gets rained on, the water appears to bead on the surface, but the surface of the leather bubbles. When it dries, the bubbles disappear. Besides applying another coat of LP (when it's dry, of course), any ideas to minimize these bubbles?post #3104 of 1081310/23/12 at 10:26amQuote:Originally Posted by mymil
Okay, here's a question: I have a bridle leather briefcase that I treated with Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP. When it gets rained on, the water appears to bead on the surface, but the surface of the leather bubbles. When it dries, the bubbles disappear. Besides applying another coat of LP (when it's dry, of course), any ideas to minimize these bubbles?
Those bubbles are water getting trapped between the layer of wax and the leather itself. The only way to prevent it is to put a thicker layer of the heavy duty on it, which you might not want to do. Maybe try a thin coat of the Obenauf's Leather Oil.post #3105 of 1081310/23/12 at 11:20am
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups 2 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › WTB Dior Rack Rail New or Used Size 31 or 32 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Should Full-Grain Leather have Visible Hair Pores? 5 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...