Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:06 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 9:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 6:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Yesterday at 9:15 am in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 207post #3091 of 1774810/23/12 at 5:05am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3092 of 1774810/23/12 at 7:24amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Also, check out Obenauf's Leather Oil. I use it on my leather sofa. Check out their stuff here: https://www.obenaufs.com/index.php?route=common/home
Your'e giving me ideas...
Would it be so ridiculous to mirror shine my leather sofa, especially if I only do the front of the armrests?
Learpost #3093 of 1774810/23/12 at 7:25ampost #3094 of 1774810/23/12 at 7:46ampost #3095 of 1774810/23/12 at 7:48ampost #3096 of 1774810/23/12 at 8:09ampost #3097 of 1774810/23/12 at 8:57amQuote:
Promise I shall. Think I might have hit upon an untried method of seduction here. So many ideas are flooding my mind right now.
I'll simply leave with these words... SHE SHALL BE MINE!
Give me a few weeks to build up the layers, and I'll get back to you all. In the mean time, back to your scheduled programme and apologies for the off-topic interruption.
See you all in a few weeks...
Learpost #3098 of 1774810/23/12 at 9:05ampost #3099 of 1774810/23/12 at 9:14ampost #3100 of 1774810/23/12 at 9:15ampost #3101 of 1774810/23/12 at 9:18amQuote:Originally Posted by bitesize
I'm getting my first pair of shoes worth caring for, the Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot in Brown. I'm curious what is important for my shoe care "starter kit" to best care for these boots (and provide the foundation for more purchases as I get more adventurous). Based on what I've read, I'm thinking a good place to start might be:
AE Horsehair Dauber
I've never understood the point.AE Horsehair Shine Brush
You can get a $5 Kiwi one at grocery stores, but either way.AE Cotton Flannel Polishing Cloth x2
Use a rag, old-shirt, or go to Wal-Mart or JoAnns and buy all the fabric you would ever need for $5.AE Conditioner/Cleaner
Not necessary.AE Combination Cedar Shoe Trees
Yes to shoe-trees - doesn't much matter the type.Kiwi Brown Paste Polish
Only if you want to bull the toe, which is a bit tricky on chromexcel, otherwise not necessary.Atsko Sno-Seal Wax
Yes.Lexol Leather Cleaner
Not necessary.post #3102 of 1774810/23/12 at 10:03ampost #3103 of 1774810/23/12 at 10:14am
Okay, here's a question: I have a bridle leather briefcase that I treated with Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP. When it gets rained on, the water appears to bead on the surface, but the surface of the leather bubbles. When it dries, the bubbles disappear. Besides applying another coat of LP (when it's dry, of course), any ideas to minimize these bubbles?post #3104 of 1774810/23/12 at 10:26amQuote:Originally Posted by mymil
Okay, here's a question: I have a bridle leather briefcase that I treated with Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP. When it gets rained on, the water appears to bead on the surface, but the surface of the leather bubbles. When it dries, the bubbles disappear. Besides applying another coat of LP (when it's dry, of course), any ideas to minimize these bubbles?
Those bubbles are water getting trapped between the layer of wax and the leather itself. The only way to prevent it is to put a thicker layer of the heavy duty on it, which you might not want to do. Maybe try a thin coat of the Obenauf's Leather Oil.post #3105 of 1774810/23/12 at 11:20am
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 19 seconds ago
- › Church's Custom Grade Ashley black calf loafers Excellent condition... 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 16 minutes ago
- › tailors in seoul korea? 19 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 19 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.