Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:04 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 5/23/15 at 7:11am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More Last post on Today at 2:46 am in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Yesterday at 9:18 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 207post #3091 of 1517010/23/12 at 5:05am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3092 of 1517010/23/12 at 7:24amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Also, check out Obenauf's Leather Oil. I use it on my leather sofa. Check out their stuff here: https://www.obenaufs.com/index.php?route=common/home
Your'e giving me ideas...
Would it be so ridiculous to mirror shine my leather sofa, especially if I only do the front of the armrests?
Learpost #3093 of 1517010/23/12 at 7:25ampost #3094 of 1517010/23/12 at 7:46ampost #3095 of 1517010/23/12 at 7:48ampost #3096 of 1517010/23/12 at 8:09ampost #3097 of 1517010/23/12 at 8:57amQuote:
Promise I shall. Think I might have hit upon an untried method of seduction here. So many ideas are flooding my mind right now.
I'll simply leave with these words... SHE SHALL BE MINE!
Give me a few weeks to build up the layers, and I'll get back to you all. In the mean time, back to your scheduled programme and apologies for the off-topic interruption.
See you all in a few weeks...
Learpost #3098 of 1517010/23/12 at 9:05ampost #3099 of 1517010/23/12 at 9:14ampost #3100 of 1517010/23/12 at 9:15ampost #3101 of 1517010/23/12 at 9:18amQuote:Originally Posted by bitesize
I'm getting my first pair of shoes worth caring for, the Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot in Brown. I'm curious what is important for my shoe care "starter kit" to best care for these boots (and provide the foundation for more purchases as I get more adventurous). Based on what I've read, I'm thinking a good place to start might be:
AE Horsehair Dauber
I've never understood the point.AE Horsehair Shine Brush
You can get a $5 Kiwi one at grocery stores, but either way.AE Cotton Flannel Polishing Cloth x2
Use a rag, old-shirt, or go to Wal-Mart or JoAnns and buy all the fabric you would ever need for $5.AE Conditioner/Cleaner
Not necessary.AE Combination Cedar Shoe Trees
Yes to shoe-trees - doesn't much matter the type.Kiwi Brown Paste Polish
Only if you want to bull the toe, which is a bit tricky on chromexcel, otherwise not necessary.Atsko Sno-Seal Wax
Yes.Lexol Leather Cleaner
Not necessary.post #3102 of 1517010/23/12 at 10:03ampost #3103 of 1517010/23/12 at 10:14am
Okay, here's a question: I have a bridle leather briefcase that I treated with Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP. When it gets rained on, the water appears to bead on the surface, but the surface of the leather bubbles. When it dries, the bubbles disappear. Besides applying another coat of LP (when it's dry, of course), any ideas to minimize these bubbles?post #3104 of 1517010/23/12 at 10:26amQuote:Originally Posted by mymil
Okay, here's a question: I have a bridle leather briefcase that I treated with Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP. When it gets rained on, the water appears to bead on the surface, but the surface of the leather bubbles. When it dries, the bubbles disappear. Besides applying another coat of LP (when it's dry, of course), any ideas to minimize these bubbles?
Those bubbles are water getting trapped between the layer of wax and the leather itself. The only way to prevent it is to put a thicker layer of the heavy duty on it, which you might not want to do. Maybe try a thin coat of the Obenauf's Leather Oil.post #3105 of 1517010/23/12 at 11:20am
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
- › Barker 53 seconds ago
- › CLASSIC SEERSUCKER SUITS! From Corbin, Haspel, and Alan Royce of... 1 minute ago
- › CLASSIC SEERSUCKER SUITS! From Corbin, Haspel, and Alan Royce of... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Alfred Sargent Montague Boots UK9 - US9.5 4 minutes ago
- › Balmain Homme fw11 "Decarnin" A2 Leather Jacket. size 44 (XS) 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan