Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Caretagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 3/16/15 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More Last post on Yesterday at 6:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:00 am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 207post #3091 of 1434510/23/12 at 5:05am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3092 of 1434510/23/12 at 7:24amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Also, check out Obenauf's Leather Oil. I use it on my leather sofa. Check out their stuff here: https://www.obenaufs.com/index.php?route=common/home
Your'e giving me ideas...
Would it be so ridiculous to mirror shine my leather sofa, especially if I only do the front of the armrests?
Learpost #3093 of 1434510/23/12 at 7:25ampost #3094 of 1434510/23/12 at 7:46ampost #3095 of 1434510/23/12 at 7:48ampost #3096 of 1434510/23/12 at 8:09ampost #3097 of 1434510/23/12 at 8:57amQuote:
Promise I shall. Think I might have hit upon an untried method of seduction here. So many ideas are flooding my mind right now.
I'll simply leave with these words... SHE SHALL BE MINE!
Give me a few weeks to build up the layers, and I'll get back to you all. In the mean time, back to your scheduled programme and apologies for the off-topic interruption.
See you all in a few weeks...
Learpost #3098 of 1434510/23/12 at 9:05ampost #3099 of 1434510/23/12 at 9:14ampost #3100 of 1434510/23/12 at 9:15ampost #3101 of 1434510/23/12 at 9:18amQuote:Originally Posted by bitesize
I'm getting my first pair of shoes worth caring for, the Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot in Brown. I'm curious what is important for my shoe care "starter kit" to best care for these boots (and provide the foundation for more purchases as I get more adventurous). Based on what I've read, I'm thinking a good place to start might be:
AE Horsehair Dauber
I've never understood the point.AE Horsehair Shine Brush
You can get a $5 Kiwi one at grocery stores, but either way.AE Cotton Flannel Polishing Cloth x2
Use a rag, old-shirt, or go to Wal-Mart or JoAnns and buy all the fabric you would ever need for $5.AE Conditioner/Cleaner
Not necessary.AE Combination Cedar Shoe Trees
Yes to shoe-trees - doesn't much matter the type.Kiwi Brown Paste Polish
Only if you want to bull the toe, which is a bit tricky on chromexcel, otherwise not necessary.Atsko Sno-Seal Wax
Yes.Lexol Leather Cleaner
Not necessary.post #3102 of 1434510/23/12 at 10:03ampost #3103 of 1434510/23/12 at 10:14am
Okay, here's a question: I have a bridle leather briefcase that I treated with Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP. When it gets rained on, the water appears to bead on the surface, but the surface of the leather bubbles. When it dries, the bubbles disappear. Besides applying another coat of LP (when it's dry, of course), any ideas to minimize these bubbles?post #3104 of 1434510/23/12 at 10:26amQuote:Originally Posted by mymil
Okay, here's a question: I have a bridle leather briefcase that I treated with Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP. When it gets rained on, the water appears to bead on the surface, but the surface of the leather bubbles. When it dries, the bubbles disappear. Besides applying another coat of LP (when it's dry, of course), any ideas to minimize these bubbles?
Those bubbles are water getting trapped between the layer of wax and the leather itself. The only way to prevent it is to put a thicker layer of the heavy duty on it, which you might not want to do. Maybe try a thin coat of the Obenauf's Leather Oil.post #3105 of 1434510/23/12 at 11:20am
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 9 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 22 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 26 minutes ago
- › In prescript to understand what anti-aging strip 28 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 33 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 34 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...