or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 174

post #2596 of 12472
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post

Great first post, Welcome.
Why does the back of the shoe look like this?
700
Is it because you have polished it a lot?

 

thank you ,i am really happy to find you all here!!!

 

no this isn't from polishing !! these shoes are my father's and he hadnt polished them properly for about 2 years, once or twice he used a shelf shine sponge with silicon!! all these are  scratches-and hit marks ,the color and the factory finish had gone!if you click on the image at my post to open in full size you can see that!!

post #2597 of 12472
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufferin1 View Post

Hello everyone. Received my first pair of Sutor's a couple weeks ago and noticed some creasing and was wondering if this type of creasing is normal? (This is after a couple wears with polishing/renovateur)

 

1000

1000

 

it is normal to crease a little but not so  much after fiew wears!! probably you haven't use a shoe tree or put some paper in it after wearing it!! it can be fixed but its not really easy if you hadnt done it before!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJjN_I1VFfM&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL674E727BFDB619B0

post #2598 of 12472
I have finally finished reading all 173 pages of this thread. There is a lot in here. A worthwhile experience.

I have question....I just bought a pair of Allen Edmonds Strands in walnut. Size 10 EEE just like my several other pairs of AE shoes from the same last. These shoes look great.

I always wear new shoes around the house a little to make sure they fit right. I didn't notice in the store but the left shoe hurt when I tried them at home. The vamp of the shoe bent closer to the laces than it should have, causing the top of the shoe to bend differently than my foot. This made this crease dig into the top of my foot at the end of each stride. Other than this the shoes fit really well.

I went back to Nordstrom and asked if there was something they could do and they said no.

Is there a way to "train" that crease to form further forward on the vamp?
post #2599 of 12472
I think the shoe is too long for your feet. Try a shorter length shoe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufferin1 View Post

Hello everyone. Received my first pair of Sutor's a couple weeks ago and noticed some creasing and was wondering if this type of creasing is normal? (This is after a couple wears with polishing/renovateur)


post #2600 of 12472
Have you tried different lacing patterns and loosening up the laces?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredrob View Post

I have finally finished reading all 173 pages of this thread. There is a lot in here. A worthwhile experience.
I have question....I just bought a pair of Allen Edmonds Strands in walnut. Size 10 EEE just like my several other pairs of AE shoes from the same last. These shoes look great.
I always wear new shoes around the house a little to make sure they fit right. I didn't notice in the store but the left shoe hurt when I tried them at home. The vamp of the shoe bent closer to the laces than it should have, causing the top of the shoe to bend differently than my foot. This made this crease dig into the top of my foot at the end of each stride. Other than this the shoes fit really well.
I went back to Nordstrom and asked if there was something they could do and they said no.
Is there a way to "train" that crease to form further forward on the vamp?
post #2601 of 12472
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsayno View Post

I think the shoe is too long for your feet. Try a shorter length shoe.

i think it's the volume in this area. not, that nobody told him that he shouldn't buy by the looks but the good fit, anyway.
post #2602 of 12472
Just a quick question, looking at getting some Saphir for Crockett & Jones Chestnut Antique colour any ideas from anyone who has this colour calf on the closest match for that ??
post #2603 of 12472
Last night I did try adjusting the laces by making them much tighter, drawing the shoe closer too my foot so there wasn't as much excess material to make the hurtful fold into the top of my foot. It did help, but need to be careful that the shoes aren't too tight.

I will experiment more with lacing. Very medieval.
post #2604 of 12472
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


i think it's the volume in this area. not, that nobody told him that he shouldn't buy by the looks but the good fit, anyway.


Actually I didn't buy based on 'looks' my friend. It is very difficult to size shoes and took advice from STF that said to buy true to size.

post #2605 of 12472

Has anyone used Reno'Mat on shell? Is it safe to do so?

post #2606 of 12472
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Has anyone used Reno'Mat on shell? Is it safe to do so?

It's safe.

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply
post #2607 of 12472

I'm considering buying http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-BROOKS-BROTHERS-PEAL-Alfred-Sargent-Chestnut-Brown-Apron-Derbies-10-US-/280926435829?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item41688539f5 to have a nice dark brown pair of bluchers to go with jeans. However the scratch on the left side is worrisome. Can I get it most the way out with some shoe cream or wax? $30 for a pair of BB Peal & Co is pretty good if I get them back to looking decent.
 

EDIT: I jumped on them since the bid price was fast approaching the Buy It Now price. Here's a link to the cut/scratch I was talking about:

 

700


Edited by diophan - 7/27/12 at 9:43am
post #2608 of 12472
That is an easy fix, they'll look as good as new with some TLC. The bidding will probably end around $100 though.
post #2609 of 12472
couldn't see the pics since the auction ended. Shouldn't be that difficult to fix, though.

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Reply
post #2610 of 12472
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbya View Post

couldn't see the pics since the auction ended. Shouldn't be that difficult to fix, though.

Kirby, the stuff used for repairing cuts and such. You said it is resin based. Does it dry hard like a glue, or is it more of like a cream polish?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**