Trees in the same shape as the last? Self explanatory, no?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 7/27/15 at 1:53pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 6:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Today at 10:16 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 127
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1892 of 163694/10/12 at 8:44pmQuote:
i think it's just an offer over the weekend, but won't hurt if you try to contact them and see if they can give you a code. personally i like free shipping > 10% because I only ordered $50 from them.post #1893 of 163694/12/12 at 12:19ampost #1894 of 163694/12/12 at 12:26ampost #1895 of 163694/12/12 at 12:43ampost #1896 of 163694/12/12 at 5:30ampost #1897 of 163694/12/12 at 5:36ampost #1898 of 163694/12/12 at 5:42ampost #1899 of 163694/12/12 at 5:49ampost #1900 of 163694/12/12 at 6:05ampost #1901 of 163694/12/12 at 6:10am
I won´t argue on which is best. I was just blown away by the great result.
I did apply Saphir cordovan creme on my #8 tayussels from Alden which now looks great. Will try the Kiwi cordovan wax too. Sounds like a great product.
Quote:post #1902 of 163694/12/12 at 8:01ampost #1903 of 163694/12/12 at 8:03ampost #1904 of 163694/12/12 at 10:21am
I've been trying out the Saphir Cordovan Cream to compare to Renovateur. More details when I have a chance to do a more thorough shine with it, but my first impressions are that the cordovan cream imparts a "harder", more superficial-looking sheen, whereas the Reno brings out a deeper glow. That said, I wear my shell boots in the rain all the time, and the shine from the cordovan cream stands up to rain (and can be brought back after being rained on) significantly better than the Reno shine, which gets rather dulled.post #1905 of 163694/13/12 at 6:30am
Gentlemen I need some advice. I have a pair of chukkas that develops the most awful wrinkle in the quarter if I put trees in, as the trees put pressure on the heel counter. Yet, if I leave them without trees, the wax job on the toe box doesn't keep as nicely. I have tried both split toe shoe trees and solid boot trees (middle grade, cedar) - and every positioning I could think of - to no avail. Recommendations?
Observe the wrinkle:
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 24 seconds ago
- › A/W 10 Margaret Howell Fair Isle Crew Neck 30 seconds ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 49 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › Han Kjobenhavn Subglasses - Timeless, Hauss, Ed, Janitor, State -... 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 17 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 24 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...