or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 1078

post #16156 of 19073
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

If you already have Woly wax for some colors, there's not much reason to buy the same color wax made by Saphir.

I haven't got any of them yet, I have been using Kiwi and looking for some upgrade so I am deciding whether should I go with Woly or spend extra on Saphir.
post #16157 of 19073
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtaro View Post


I haven't got any of them yet, I have been using Kiwi and looking for some upgrade so I am deciding whether should I go with Woly or spend extra on Saphir.

 

Kiwi is perfectly fine.  But if you are that curious about Saphir, get it...

post #16158 of 19073

This is good advice. Given that it will take you a lot of time to get through a tin/jar of Saphir, you may as well get it. :happy:

post #16159 of 19073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky View Post
 

This is good advice. Given that it will take you a lot of time to get through a tin/jar of Saphir, you may as well get it. :happy:

 

Really depends.

 

My black/dark brown shoe creams from 2006 are still a quarter full but in the meanwhile I went through two tins of Saphir black polish.

 

The rare colored shoe creams will last literally forever.  I barely used my red, blue and green shoe creams...

post #16160 of 19073
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

Kiwi is perfectly fine.  But if you are that curious about Saphir, get it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky View Post

This is good advice. Given that it will take you a lot of time to get through a tin/jar of Saphir, you may as well get it. happy.gif

Thanks for all the advices guys!

For AE Strand Walnut, which color of Saphir tin wax would be the best fit?
post #16161 of 19073
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtaro View Post



Thanks for all the advices guys!

For AE Strand Walnut, which color of Saphir tin wax would be the best fit?

 

light brown/tan or neutral.

post #16162 of 19073
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post
 

 

Really depends.

 

My black/dark brown shoe creams from 2006 are still a quarter full but in the meanwhile I went through two tins of Saphir black polish.

 

The rare colored shoe creams will last literally forever.  I barely used my red, blue and green shoe creams...

I'm exactly the other way around. My shoe creams / pomades and saphir ronavateur are always gone so quick, but my polishes last a really long time. 

 

Felix

post #16163 of 19073
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

light brown/tan or neutral.

Yep light brown is pretty close to perfect for AE walnut.

Dylanh
post #16164 of 19073
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheFinn View Post
 

I'm exactly the other way around. My shoe creams / pomades and saphir ronavateur are always gone so quick, but my polishes last a really long time. 

 

Felix

 

Yup.  Thus my comment it really depends.

 

I went through two bottles of Reno (the old much bigger bottle) and 1 small new Reno bottle before I stopped using Reno for conditioning.

 

I went through the mirror shine everything phase to shoe cream only phase, and now I am back to the heavy wax shine phase again; heavy wax protects shoes much better.

post #16165 of 19073
I more or less just put a mirror shine on the toe and heel and just brush the rest. Rarely, I will polish the vamp and throat and such.
post #16166 of 19073
Depends on the maker IMO. SC is nicely finished so not much wax is needed. Meermin or Vass are not so they could take on a lot of wax.

But yes, mirror the fuck out of the toe caps, heels, and shoe waist area to prevent scratches.
post #16167 of 19073

While we are on the topic of Saphir products, don't forget their 'yellow' wax, which is good for brightening up a pair of tan shoes. 

post #16168 of 19073
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

Yup.  Thus my comment it really depends.

I went through two bottles of Reno (the old much bigger bottle) and 1 small new Reno bottle before I stopped using Reno for conditioning.

Why do you stop using Reno?
post #16169 of 19073
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtaro View Post


Why do you stop using Reno?

 

Lexol and Bick4 conditions better.  Wax/cream polish waxes better.  Damp cloth cleans better.

post #16170 of 19073
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

Lexol and Bick4 conditions better.  Wax/cream polish waxes better.  Damp cloth cleans better.

So Lexol & Bick4 better than Saphir overall??? I thought Saphir already the top notch nowadays??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**