excellent job, looking great
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 3/23/17 at 9:01am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/18/17 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 12:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on 3/22/17 at 9:17am in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 1005post #15062 of 198485/14/15 at 2:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zapasman
How do you care your suede leather shoes?. I do not care much so all my suede shoes/sneakers look a little beaten.
1.-What to use for deep cleaning or to remove stains?: I use 3/1 water and coconut oil champoo and apply the mix with a sponge. I do not like Omninettoyant.
2.-What to use for regular cleanning?. I use a dampen sponge, let it dry and rub gently with either a horse brush or a gommadin brush. I rub always in the same direction.
3.-Is Nano protector spray convenient?. I just use it before wearing my shoes and only if the weather seems to put in risk my shoes (waterproof). Do not like at all this product (smell, it darkens the leather) and I do not know much about its leather properties.
4.-Is a brass brush convenient?. I understand that it is very abrasive so I do not use it anymore.
I use the rubber/brass combo brush on mine: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF583_1_40000000001_-1?style=542
The brass could be abrasive yes, but you don't have to brush the heck out of the suede. Brushing gently does help to lift the nap and clean them up.post #15063 of 198485/15/15 at 3:27pmpost #15064 of 198485/15/15 at 3:56pmpost #15065 of 198485/15/15 at 4:01pmpost #15066 of 198485/15/15 at 4:15pmOk, but you aren't really giving us much of anything to go on here. Things that are unacceptable at one price point are acceptable at another. Without knowing the brand/price/model/etc. I'm not really sure how to evaluate them. If you paid $10 you got a good deal, if you paid $1,000 then not so much. If it's somewhere in between, more info, more pics or the link would help.post #15067 of 198485/15/15 at 4:26pmQuote:
Bick 4 will not fix all of those creases. Also that is an excessive amount of creasing in that particular area of the shoe. As Fred said what brand and price point were these?post #15068 of 198485/15/15 at 4:36pmpost #15069 of 198485/15/15 at 8:19pmAllen Edmonds. I paid $50 including shipping. Link is: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=261875614375
I'm thinking now I'll just return them. Looking back at the pictures I should have realized the issues. My first time buying non-new shoes on the Bay...post #15070 of 198485/16/15 at 8:59amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Vinegar and distilled water 3:1 ratio. Get them good and soaked and elbow grease. Let them dry. If that doesn't work soak some paper towels in the same solution and stick it to the shoes. Cover them in saran wrap to control evaporation and leave them like that for a good 4-8 hours. Remove, let dry again. It that doesn't work there's one more option that is more invasives, but I don't feel like getting into it right now.
Thanks PatrickBooth. It worked.post #15071 of 198485/16/15 at 9:58ampost #15072 of 198485/16/15 at 10:13ampost #15073 of 198485/16/15 at 4:03pmQuote:
went to my shoemaker and asked him "wut to do"
he sprayed the shoes with a transparent liquid and told me to wait 2 hours for it to dry
needless to say bought 3 bottles of that shytpost #15074 of 198485/16/15 at 4:33pm
So i haven't used these guys for a while and i wan't to wear them again now that it's getting warmer, but i wan't to get them into shape first and as I've never done any shoe maintenance before i have no idea what to do.
Its a Maison Martin Margiela in grey suede as far as i know.
Here are some photos:
Do i need to use some kind of product(s)? If so anything specific?
I'm located in Scandinavia (hence why they are pretty damaged) if it makes a difference.
Also what do you guys do with your laces on these kind of shoes?
Anyways Thanks a bunch!post #15075 of 198485/16/15 at 4:54pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 54 seconds ago
- › E.G. Alderley Rosewood Country Calf BNIB 3 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 5 minutes ago
- › G&G Thorpe Arran Grain - 9.5E BNIB 6 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 6 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 9 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 10 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 11 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...