or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 961

post #14401 of 19058
Do you still have the piece?
post #14402 of 19058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemo79 View Post

Hello sirs.

I have a query, if one had a pair of two tone shoes; calf leather and polished leather, and one nicked the polished leather on the toe cap of one of the shoes (chipping off a little of the polished leather). Is it possible to completely mask this blemish in the same way as you would spit/shine a calf leather toecap? Or any other way to make it magically disappear?

Thanks in advance.

I've done this with great success. A dab of cream to cover the color, then just bull the toe. No harm no foul.
post #14403 of 19058
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post


I've done this with great success. A dab of cream to cover the color, then just bull the toe. No harm no foul.

I thought as much, thanks PB.

 

Just one other question whilst I'm on the subject. I always lightly brush off a coloured cream before bulling but I'm sure I heard someone mention waxing directly on top of dried cream wax....

 

Is this something you have done, is possible, or just bull poo?

post #14404 of 19058
I usually give it a buff first.
post #14405 of 19058
question what is the best oil or cream to condition a boot? I'm looking for safest that would not harm the leather.
post #14406 of 19058
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

question what is the best oil or cream to condition a boot? I'm looking for safest that would not harm the leather.

Depends on the leather.
post #14407 of 19058
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post

Depends on the leather.

horse and oiled horse

i want to condition these (spoiling because cm guys will faint when they see non polished leather ):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

sbuc-ptc
4Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








bad lighting here:


post #14408 of 19058
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

horse and oiled horse

i want to condition these (spoiling because cm guys will faint when they see non polished leather ):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

You can't go wrong with Bick4...on anything (except suede)...esp. if they're shine-able now and you want to shine them in the future.

But if the leather is oiled/oily, a light coat of Lexol-nf might go down good.
post #14409 of 19058
Nah don't want shine, just want the leather to be conditioned.

Saphir won't do the job?

Is lexol safe?

What do you think of otter was leather oil?
post #14410 of 19058
Never used otter oil.

Lexol won't blow up your boots.

Saphir...who knows--there's lots of Saphir types.

In fact, you can use nearly anything you want--no rulz.
post #14411 of 19058
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

Nah don't want shine, just want the leather to be conditioned.

Saphir won't do the job?

Is lexol safe?

What do you think of otter was leather oil?

Lexol is ultra safe, FWIW, for all types of leather. 

 

Specify the type of products from Saphir, as always, please.

 

Any animal oils can be use, but only if you are experienced enough to toy around with it, or else it can be a nightmare.

post #14412 of 19058
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post

Never used otter oil.

Lexol won't blow up your boots.

Saphir...who knows--there's lots of Saphir types.

In fact, you can use nearly anything you want--no rulz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traverscao View Post

Lexol is ultra safe, FWIW, for all types of leather. 

Specify the type of products from Saphir, as always, please.

Any animal oils can be use, but only if you are experienced enough to toy around with it, or else it can be a nightmare.

sorry saphir renovator
post #14413 of 19058

This isn't directly about shoes, but it might end up being about soles.  I have this square of leather 13"x16"x3/16" that I picked up who-knows-where, because I have a leather fetish and can't pass up good leather.  I'm trying to decide what to do with it, and though some of you (@DWFII) might recognize the stamp.  It's a goat's head with the motto "A Head of the Best Oak," the "________ finish", and Flexible A Prime".  I think it might be some type of salesman's sample.  It's probably nothing special, but I want to make sure I'm not doing something stupid like using a piece or Horween leather for a writing surface or an axe sheath...

 

post #14414 of 19058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgis View Post
 

This isn't directly about shoes, but it might end up being about soles.  I have this square of leather 13"x16"x3/16" that I picked up who-knows-where, because I have a leather fetish and can't pass up good leather.  I'm trying to decide what to do with it, and though some of you (@DWFII) might recognize the stamp.  It's a goat's head with the motto "A Head of the Best Oak," the "________ finish", and Flexible A Prime".  I think it might be some type of salesman's sample.  It's probably nothing special, but I want to make sure I'm not doing something stupid like using a piece or Horween leather for a writing surface or an axe sheath...

 

Keep it clean and preserve it well. Try not to do anything to it. 

post #14415 of 19058
Quote:
Originally Posted by traverscao View Post
 

Keep it clean and preserve it well. Try not to do anything to it. 

That's a little cryptic, traverscao.  I'm curious about your reasoning.  It seems to me that its value is in its potential uses.  The only reason to keep it as it is would be if it had some intrinsic value as an object in and of itself.  Do you recognize the stamp/logo?  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**