or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 951

post #14251 of 19061

Hi,

I've got a pair of Dark Leaf Cheaney boots, and would like to get some shoe cream for them. Does anyone know which Saphir shoe cream best matches Cheaney's Dark Leafs colour? I've heard of some using mahogany, but I'm not totally sure. Any help would be much appreciated.

 

Alex

post #14252 of 19061

Hermes Red and/or Dark Brown.

post #14253 of 19061

mid brown and cognac will work as well. Depends on whether you like a reddish hue, mahogony can be introduced. 

post #14254 of 19061
Anyone know what happened to my shoes? I use renomat to remove old was and not I just can't seems to polish this part of the shoe.

Is this shoe gone for good?

9042748c2bd76827473e2071cee8c1c0.jpg
post #14255 of 19061
Yup, I would say thats pretty much beyond repair.
post #14256 of 19061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerolord View Post

Anyone know what happened to my shoes? I use renomat to remove old was and not I just can't seems to polish this part of the shoe.

Is this shoe gone for good?

9042748c2bd76827473e2071cee8c1c0.jpg

You've basically rubbed too hard and gone through the wax and the finish of the shoe, when you use harsh cleaners for stripping you should only lightly run your cloth over the shoes. Im not an expert in shoe repair but I agree with the B'crat I think these are unsalvageable.

post #14257 of 19061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemo79 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerolord View Post

Anyone know what happened to my shoes? I use renomat to remove old was and not I just can't seems to polish this part of the shoe.

Is this shoe gone for good?

9042748c2bd76827473e2071cee8c1c0.jpg

You've basically rubbed too hard and gone through the wax and the finish of the shoe, when you use harsh cleaners for stripping you should only lightly run your cloth over the shoes. Im not an expert in shoe repair but I agree with the B'crat I think these are unsalvageable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucrat View Post

Yup, I would say thats pretty much beyond repair.

Thanks you both for the replies. Oh well, this is my first "proper" shoes I guess I did learn quite a bit from this pair. Thankfully, isn't really a super expensive pair of shoes, but still kind of heartache especially this shoe haven't last 6 months.

I tried to do some touch up and I think I will stay at this condition

6b49373ed412d417f9e93fb85c981415.jpg

Can't complain I guess!
post #14258 of 19061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerolord View Post




Thanks you both for the replies. Oh well, this is my first "proper" shoes I guess I did learn quite a bit from this pair. Thankfully, isn't really a super expensive pair of shoes, but still kind of heartache especially this shoe haven't last 6 months.

I tried to do some touch up and I think I will stay at this condition
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
6b49373ed412d417f9e93fb85c981415.jpg


Can't complain I guess!

 

 

I would say they came out pretty good!

post #14259 of 19061
Some of y'all are crazy with your over applying of renomat or wax or cream or anything else.
post #14260 of 19061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Bum View Post

Some of y'all are crazy with your over applying of renomat or wax or cream or anything else.

Cut me some slack! It's the first time I use renomat frown.gif
post #14261 of 19061
Any finish issues are easily dealt with. You people who said unrepairable are ignorant to such matters.
post #14262 of 19061
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Any finish issues are easily dealt with. You people who said unrepairable are ignorant to such matters.

And tips or advices that I can get from you?
post #14263 of 19061

Excuse me. I bought some Saphir Greasy Leather creme,, today, for a pair of greasy leather shoes.  I can't find information, anywhere, on how to use it. I ended up checking that it would not darken my shoes, then gave the shoes a thin coating of it. It didn't seem appropriate, or advisable to brush them, afterwards. Oddly, though, the product comes with no instructions and I can find nothing on the net about how to use  this particular cream. Yours, Munky

post #14264 of 19061
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Any finish issues are easily dealt with. You people who said unrepairable are ignorant to such matters.

A thousand apologies o master of the shoe finish world.
post #14265 of 19061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky View Post

Excuse me. I bought some Saphir Greasy Leather creme,, today, for a pair of greasy leather shoes.  I can't find information, anywhere, on how to use it. I ended up checking that it would not darken my shoes, then gave the shoes a thin coating of it. It didn't seem appropriate, or advisable to brush them, afterwards. Oddly, though, the product comes with no instructions and I can find nothing on the net about how to use  this particular cream. Yours, Munky

Saphir are a strange lot, quite a few of their products lack full or clear instructions maybe it's inherent French nonchalance?

I would assume it's used like any other waxed cream, just apply, work in and leave. I doubt brushing will hurt it either, just don't mix your brushes up. It does smell delightful though, marzipan?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**