The discussion about the $1,275 a pair socks put me in mind of a contributor on here, recently. He wrote that he had found an unworn pair of John Lobb's in the back of the cupboard. As one does. I keep checking mine to see if a pair of these socks has got left behind!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 1/19/17 at 2:13pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/18/17 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 1:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Today at 6:38 pm in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 831post #12451 of 1927212/23/14 at 7:40ampost #12452 of 1927212/23/14 at 8:56amQuote:
That's a great idea. I found a pair of shoe trees...Xmas came early !!post #12453 of 1927212/23/14 at 9:29amQuote:Originally Posted by patrick_b
Why? To use with their $1200 socks of course.
I'll show this to my girlfriend, so I won't catch any more crap about my $800 shell cordovan boots...."See! At least I don't do this...."post #12454 of 1927212/23/14 at 9:49ampost #12455 of 1927212/24/14 at 3:56amQuote:
When your eye tells you to clean up your shoes, but some cream on them. When it dries (solvent based around 2 minutes...water based around 5) brush them up. If you want to add a little protection and/or shine, same thing with a neutral wax. Wear them, be done. It takes all of 10 minutes. Get a bottle of some sort of Balm and use that quickly in between.....takes all of 2 minutes.
If you want to drive yourself batshit, read the rest of this thread.post #12456 of 1927212/24/14 at 5:07amQuote:
The thing is, it's more like a tattoo...if I could just wipe it off the "pigs" in question, it wouldn't bother me so much...but they really work that stuff in!post #12457 of 1927212/24/14 at 5:32amQuote:
I know. I antiqued some burgundy leather with broguing and gimping some months ago and it turned out quite nice by the standards that are au currant here on SF.
But I used shoe cream. And shoe cream can often be removed.
Some years ago I looked into "professional" antiquing and acquired some small bottles of same from Prime Leather Finishes. The only thing I can compare it to is undiluted aniline dye in a cream base. The minute the antiquing touches the leather it strikes...and you're not going to remove it or soften it, really. I worked with it for a while...experimenting...and eventually got to the point where I could make it look acceptable but it was always a crap shoot. It's dye and it's permanent.post #12458 of 1927212/24/14 at 6:43ampost #12459 of 1927212/24/14 at 6:50amQuote:
I imagine it makes for a fabulous method of "faking up" flaws that often appear in poor quality leather after lasting the toe.post #12460 of 1927212/24/14 at 6:55ampost #12461 of 1927212/24/14 at 7:09ampost #12462 of 1927212/24/14 at 7:49amQuote:
Not best practice--begs the question of deception, forbye.
Makes one wonder why so many "high end" manufactures do it.post #12463 of 1927212/24/14 at 9:55ampost #12464 of 1927212/24/14 at 6:31pmpost #12465 of 1927212/24/14 at 7:47pmQuote:
With apron and split toes, always make sure to brush clean and care for the tip, because god knows you'd end up kick the toe somewhere. In addition, it's part of the shoe, take care of it.
Merry X-mas, btw.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 20 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 20 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 25 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...