Ive used 3 vinegar to one water (distilled). I've never noticed a smell after they have aired out and can't see why you would care if your shoes smell faintly of vinegar.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 2/13/17 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/18/17 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 2/20/17 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 3:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Yesterday at 6:34 pm in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 776post #11626 of 1957111/18/14 at 10:34ampost #11627 of 1957111/18/14 at 10:35amQuote:Originally Posted by dapperdoctor
I use light amounts of Saphir Renovateur approximately once or twice per year along with brushing for a minute or two before and after each wear. Sometimes I also take a damp rag to wipe the shoes down. When they look a bit dull, I add a little Saphir cream to bring the color back to life. I have about 20 pairs of shoes in the rotation and I work indoors, so my wear is very slow and easy. I am happy to report that I have never had a pair of shoes self-destruct. I'm sure there are better ways to take care of shoes, but this seems to work OK for me and it does not take a tremendous amount of time.
One day in my shoes probably sees more use than your 20 year old pair.post #11628 of 1957111/18/14 at 10:37ampost #11629 of 1957111/18/14 at 10:43ampost #11630 of 1957111/18/14 at 10:46ampost #11631 of 1957111/18/14 at 11:22amQuote:
L.L. Bean Maine Hunting Shoe is your friend.
I love watching the lawyers, politicians, etc here that wear the most finely tailored suits but slap on a mad bomber hat and Bean boots when it gets shitty.
They, like most of us up here wear Bean boots and carry their shoes in.post #11632 of 1957111/18/14 at 11:27ampost #11633 of 1957111/18/14 at 11:29ampost #11634 of 1957111/18/14 at 11:42ampost #11635 of 1957111/18/14 at 11:48ampost #11636 of 1957111/18/14 at 11:51ampost #11637 of 1957111/18/14 at 11:57amQuote:
Quoted for irony sake, lol.
Gents...if a shoe works for you, from a practical standpoint or a fashion standpoint, so be it. Let the anonymous internet hipsters fall by the wayside.post #11638 of 1957111/18/14 at 11:58am
They ARE ugly, I'll give you that but I've lived here for 22 years and have yet to suffer wet feet when wearing them.
They were around before the hipsters grandparents were born and will be extant long after their *shudder* progeny has perished from the face of the earth.
Hipsters like facial hair and irony, are we going to deny ourselves those simple pleasures because a few young idjits latch on to them?
They'll lose interest as soon as Apple or Mtv tells them what they should embrace next.post #11639 of 1957111/18/14 at 12:09pmpost #11640 of 1957111/18/14 at 12:12pmI've never gotten wet feet while wearing leather shoes, even in my half a mile walk home in the rain. Waterproof is on the absolute bottom of my list of requirements for footwear. I don't really understand the need for it unless you are literally walking in a river deeper than your ankles.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Wings & Horns Large Loop Hoodie, Burnt ORANGE / SALMON Colored in... 5 minutes ago
- › Patagonia 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 10 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 12 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway