or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 761

post #11401 of 19072
I dunno.
post #11402 of 19072
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I have a serious question. How many people on here have actually had issues with their shoe uppers cracking? I feel like so many people on here obsess over a potential non-issue, and it is a fear more than anything. Me on the other hand, I have intimate experience with shoe leather failing so I feel a bit justified in my obsessiveness.

Me.  Ferragamo baby calf pebbles, and a pair of Allen Edmonds brogues.   Too late when you see it.  

 

 

The fix: When you see the wrinkle lines, rub some mink oil in with your finger.  Let it absorb for a few days, wipe off and care for as usual.

 

Edit: I walk a lot too.

post #11403 of 19072
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I have a serious question. How many people on here have actually had issues with their shoe uppers cracking? I feel like so many people on here obsess over a potential non-issue, and it is a fear more than anything. Me on the other hand, I have intimate experience with shoe leather failing so I feel a bit justified in my obsessiveness.

Never had that before, even when I wore the fuck out of my AE Hanover in calf for 7 days a week before.

post #11404 of 19072
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDeKelver View Post
 

Me.  Ferragamo baby calf pebbles, and a pair of Allen Edmonds brogues.   Too late when you see it.  

 

 

The fix: When you see the wrinkle lines, rub some mink oil in with your finger.  Let it absorb for a few days, wipe off and care for as usual.

 

Edit: I walk a lot too.

Are you talking about the grease mink oil in a tin?

post #11405 of 19072

I appreciate that this is heresy. I recently looked at C&J's. alongside Cheaney's and Loake's.1880s To my, untutored eye, I couldn't see that there was a huge amount of difference, in terms of quality, between them. Is this to be expected or is it really a case of the more you pay, the higher the quality and somehow I am missing it?   I doubt it. Or is it the case that I am as blind as a bat?

post #11406 of 19072
I don't know if there is that much difference quality wise between the three if you're talking C&J bench grade
post #11407 of 19072
Quote:
Originally Posted by traverscao View Post

Never had that before, even when I wore the fuck out of my AE Hanover in calf for 7 days a week before.

Yeah, but where do you live? I walk about 4 miles a day.
post #11408 of 19072
Roughly 10 miles everyday. Lynnwood, Washington.
post #11409 of 19072
Are you a door to door salesman?
post #11410 of 19072
Milkman (GB)
post #11411 of 19072

Dogwalker (NYC)

post #11412 of 19072
Quote:
Originally Posted by traverscao View Post

Roughly 10 miles everyday. Lynnwood, Washington.

Training for marathon in your AEs?
post #11413 of 19072
FUCK NO man. I work in Edmonds College Psych department.
post #11414 of 19072
LOL great training, but, no..... I was just too much in love wit 'em.

As far as I recall, someone on FB raced with an AE shoe... I might as well out race the poor guy.
post #11415 of 19072
Quote:
Originally Posted by traverscao View Post

FUCK NO man. I work in Edmonds College Psych department.

Only in education could one afford the time to walk ten miles a day......lol....just kidding of course.

I have to make myself get out of my office on purpose a few times a day just to get a mile in.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**