How come you're so mean to me, sir? I don't rape no deer! I am real guy and I don't rape!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 10/19/16 at 2:44am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 10/20/16 at 7:38am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 8:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Yesterday at 2:26 pm in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 753post #11281 of 1893210/24/14 at 12:54pmpost #11282 of 1893210/24/14 at 12:55pmpost #11283 of 1893210/24/14 at 12:55pmQuote:
It doesn't work. Ask me how I know. The weblike hymen from a virgin, that's a different story.post #11284 of 1893210/24/14 at 12:56pmQuote:
You won't be disappointed. These polish from Glen just rock the whole world.post #11285 of 1893210/24/14 at 12:57pmpost #11286 of 1893210/24/14 at 12:58pmpost #11287 of 1893210/24/14 at 5:26pm
Hi fellow Vancouverite! Welcome :)
I honestly think you're overthinking it. Brushing between wears, rotating shoes, shoe trees, occasional shoe cream and polish, and maybe some conditioner once every few months I think is good enough. This is the conclusion I've come to after reading, reading, watching, reading, and reading. Saddle soap is I believe for when your shoe gets really, really dirty like you took the grouse grind with your dress shoes...
How I deal with rain is not wearing calf/shell at all when it's pouring like it is these days, and instead wearing suede with dainite soles and nano protector so the rain bounces and shakes off easily.
When it's not pouring, I found it's ok to wear calf and leather soles around even when wet, spots go away overnight in my experience. But then I have a few coats of polish on them. So don't be afraid to wear leather soled shoes on wet pavement. They're shoes after all. What not to do is wear them on wet ground during the first few wears when it's just breaking in.
We should have coffee sometime, it's rare meeting anyone from anywhere living in Vancouver. :(post #11288 of 1893210/24/14 at 5:29pmpost #11289 of 1893210/24/14 at 7:13pmpost #11290 of 1893210/24/14 at 7:26pmQuote:
Let your wife/gf drive the car half the time, so you can get some wear going on the right shoe :)post #11291 of 1893210/25/14 at 6:37am
The Munky Organic Shoe Care Method
No nasty chemicals! Fun for all the family!
1. Brush, brush and brush again
2. Occasionally use small amount of GlenKaren product, as per instructions. Brush.
3. Very occasionally use very small amount of Renapur Leather Balsam. Do not brush.
4 If in doubt, brush.
With thanks to all the wisdom delivered by members of this thread.
Edited by Munky - 10/25/14 at 7:43ampost #11292 of 1893210/25/14 at 11:10ampost #11293 of 1893210/25/14 at 3:03pmpost #11294 of 1893210/26/14 at 12:02ampost #11295 of 1893210/26/14 at 2:51am
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 8 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › Take all of the guns. All of them. 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 7 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 8 minutes ago
- › SECRET SANTA 2016: THE OFFICIAL THREAD! 9 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: 19 October - 29 October: The Sleaze Challenge 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...