or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Oscars 2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oscars 2011 - Page 2

post #16 of 136
Anyone see this Cracked article?

http://www.cracked.com/article_19047...-watching.html


Actually some decent arguments here.
post #17 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post
I don't know why the Oscars just can't accept the fact that it's a prestigious awards show. It seems intent on lowering its social status with contrived attempts at juvenile humor and societal criticism. Just give out the awards, exert some grace and humility, and leave the circus bullshit for MTV and the Tony Awards. No scripted joke or skit at the Oscars has ever been funny. Ever.

Agreed. Accept for the fact that they were a prestigious award show, but no longer.
post #18 of 136
What the hell happened to Kirk Douglass?
post #19 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.R. View Post
Anyone see this Cracked article?

http://www.cracked.com/article_19047...-watching.html


Actually some decent arguments here.

You read Cracked too? We are indeed star-crossed brothers.
post #20 of 136
Thread Starter 
Oh, well..funny old guy though.
post #21 of 136
i wish melissa leo would fall down a elevator shaft.
post #22 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post
What the hell happened to Kirk Douglass?
Age. Dude is 94. At least it seemed like he was having fun.
post #23 of 136
He did great, she was annoying as hell!
post #24 of 136
+1


Quote:
Originally Posted by limping_decorum View Post
i wish melissa leo would fall down a elevator shaft.
post #25 of 136
Thread Starter 
Come on, Teardrop!
post #26 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
Age. Dude is 94. At least it seemed like he was having fun.

that and a stroke.
post #27 of 136
Russell Brand appears to be the most annoying person on the planet. Also dressed like a hipster peasant.
post #28 of 136
Thread Starter 
That was a surprisingly good speech from Bale.
post #29 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post
Russell Brand appears to be the most annoying person on the planet. Also dressed like a hipster peasant.

I wish he would just fall off the face of the Earth.
post #30 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post
That was a surprisingly good speech from Bale.

Did he yell?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Oscars 2011