or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Michigan v. Ohio State: Will they meet twice this year?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Michigan v. Ohio State: Will they meet twice this year? - Page 5

post #61 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
1. USC played a much tougher schedule.

2. We don't know whether Ohio State is better than USC. We already know that Ohio State is better than Michigan.

3. A team that cannot even win its own conference should not be playing in the national championship game.


Before I even start, let me disclose again that I am an OSU grad and fan, and with that I will fully admit that I do not want to play UM again. From where I stand, we have much to lose and nothing to gain. We have already beaten them, a loss to them now would mean what? We split the NC? Also, I do think they are definitely the second best team in the nation. Playing them again reduces our chance of winning it all.

All that said, I have seen point #3 raised before, and it is irrelevant. The reason for the BCS game is to pit the best two teams in the nation. There is no clause or stipulation for exclusion if they just happen to come from the same conference. UM lost to the best team in the land. USC lost to an unranked team, and had a few scares before that. Although I am glad we will be playing USC, UM has a legitimate gripe relative to the existing rules.

As far as schedule, I find it more than just a little ironic that this year USC fans are complaining about strength of schedule. Kind of sounds like the same exact gripes Ive heard from other fans about USC for the past four years......
post #62 of 120
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBuck
UM lost to the best team in the land. USC lost to an unranked team, and had a few scares before that. Although I am glad we will be playing USC, UM has a legitimate gripe relative to the existing rules.

As far as schedule, I find it more than just a little ironic that this year USC fans are complaining about strength of schedule. Kind of sounds like the same exact gripes Ive heard from other fans about USC for the past four years......

The BCS system is not perfect. But it is great for conversation and for raising interest in collegiate football. Look at the ratings of the top games during the past few weeks... This would not have happened during the pre-BCS days. In the end, the best teams will play each other.

Now, how does that UCLA fight song go????
post #63 of 120
USC is over-rated.

As was said.
post #64 of 120
Looks like UM is back in the title game unless Florida pulls off a BCS computer miracle.
post #65 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Looks like UM is back in the title game unless Florida pulls off a BCS computer miracle.

Yup. Bruins did their part, and Florida isn't exactly dominating Arkansas.
post #66 of 120
What a great game. I still expect USC to complain about strength of schedule just because that is how they are. While many do not want to see a rematch, I think e have to have one this year. Florida is not dominating the Razorbacks at all. We do need a playoff but it will not happen anytime soon. Go blue!!!
post #67 of 120
The Florida-Arkansas was one of the most fun games of the season. I'm an SEC guy, so I'm biased, but Florida needs to be in the championship game. They were champions of the strongest conference.
post #68 of 120
I am a Big 10 fan and a huge U of M fan but Florida does have a good resume to be in the the title game. We will have to see what the computers say. I wish I could see Michigan and Florida play. I think that would be a great game.
post #69 of 120
I think UF is building momentum. To be honest, that championship game was utterly ridiculous, though. UF looked BAD. Arkansas should have won that if they weren't idiots. It's sad, though, when the best passer on your team is your running back... the UA quarterback was horrendous, and that punt return...
post #70 of 120
I am so surprised Michigan only lost one game this season. AFter last season I was expecting another 3 or 4 loss season. I am shocked Wake Forest will be in a BCS game. What a season it has been.
post #71 of 120
1) i predicted the ucla upset. i recall seeing a game about ten years ago when the bruins had a losing recored, usc was ranked in the top 5, and ucla won with their 4th string quarterback.

their have been many other big 'upsets' in this rivalry, and it is true that when big rivals play, anyone can win. this one was not as much of an upset as people are saying it is.

2) boise st. should play ohio st.
post #72 of 120
Looks like no rematch.

OSU vs. UF
post #73 of 120
Looks like the early spread is OSU -8. Seems about right.
post #74 of 120
I can easily see this getting ugly. I don't see UF being able to stop the OSU offense. They're not as good against the run as UM was, and although their secondary MAY be better, OSU just has too many weapons. OSU's defense will make Leak look very bad. I bet we'll be seeing Tebow before halftime.

I predict something like OSU 31, UF 10.
post #75 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I can easily see this getting ugly. I don't see UF being able to stop the OSU offense. They're not as good against the run as UM was, and although their secondary MAY be better, OSU just has too many weapons. OSU's defense will make Leak look very bad. I bet we'll be seeing Tebow before halftime.

I predict something like OSU 31, UF 10.


I'd actually be somewhat surprised if Florida actually scores a touchdown. Thier qb is too shaky and turnover prone, to hang with a defense that excells at takeaways.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Michigan v. Ohio State: Will they meet twice this year?