Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 6/25/15 at 7:45pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 7:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Today at 4:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 11:42am in Streetwear and Denim
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Quality Of Grenson Shoes - Page 9
Styleforum Top Picks
Ordered one of the "Stanloey" models by email a couple of years ago. Awful quality, extremely disappointing. Poor quality leather, poor stitching, poorly finished. It's amazing what they can do with photos. Could never get the size right either and in the end asked for a refund. But the quality was very poor. Someone on this thread likened them to a slightly lower quality Trickers. Sorry, but do not agree, they are way way down. Trickers arre usually good solid shoes with good finishing. Maybe the G zero line made in Northampton has better quality, I haven't seen them, but the other lines, I would never risk it again personally.
Picked up these lightly worn Grenson Glenn boots on ebay. Despite being a G fitting, with the addition of an insole, they are a great fit, and very comfortable.
Just can't really figure out what trousers they go best with. Wearing them with jeans today, and visually it doesn't work.
Trying to work with the green rather than against it, I'm trying different trousers with these boots today.
Anybody have some final advice for me on sizing, I ordered a pair of size UK7 Grenson G1 Moorgate Oxfords, I"m typically a size 8 in most dress shoes. Site said to order true to size, but I've read differently in other places, to size down 1/2 or even 1 full size.
I believe I have these. Bought them at the local store a week ago. Quality is decent, but nothing to write home about. It is not Carmina by any strech of imagination, but then neither is the price and it is my casual shoe to be worn with chino's and jeans and casual pants.
Thank you for the feedback.
newbie here from Toronto and wanted to revive this older thread.
I bought on impulse a pr of Grenson Tom's High Shine on sale from Club Monaco and received them
today. After I had ordered them, I then searched and found this thread about the G Two lineup.
Anyways, relatively new to the world of "nice" shoes and liked the look of these, but thought I would post
a few pics and perhaps get some feedback on the shoes in general, seeing as the general consensus seems to
be of a lower quality shoe.
They "seem" and look and feel quite nice to me, a touch narrow but stylish nonetheless. Not crazy $ but maybe
I'm the demo Grenson had in mind when marketing this lineup. Mind you on "sale" reasonable but regular list at
$400 is ridiculous, when for an extra $100-150 gets your Churches and such.
thanks for all replies. They even forgot to take off the security tags LOL
I'm a newbie on the forum from Toronto as well and about a year and a half into the world of 'nicer' shoes.
I bought a pair of stanley's from CM in the sales and got a great deal. Admittedly they feel a tangible step down in quality from the pair of Sanders boots and Herring brogues (at around the $400 mark, these are right at the bottom end of the QUALITY shoe scale) I purchased last year, but for your first pair of decent ones, they are going to be just fine.
They are still made using the proper methods, and checked by Grenson... and definitely better than anything you'll find in Browns or B2 or Aldo- And I think the look of the high shine you have on yours looks great.
The G2's aren't worth anything near the full price, but you got yours on sale so wear them happily while you shop for a quality pair next time!
- Quality Of Grenson Shoes
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 41 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 13 minutes ago
- › RL Black Label to merge with Purple Label 14 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 16 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...