Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:11 am in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 2:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Today at 1:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on Today at 10:44 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Quality Of Grenson Shoes - Page 9post #121 of 1482/2/14 at 7:32pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #122 of 1483/13/14 at 4:48ampost #123 of 1483/13/14 at 1:38pm
Ordered one of the "Stanloey" models by email a couple of years ago. Awful quality, extremely disappointing. Poor quality leather, poor stitching, poorly finished. It's amazing what they can do with photos. Could never get the size right either and in the end asked for a refund. But the quality was very poor. Someone on this thread likened them to a slightly lower quality Trickers. Sorry, but do not agree, they are way way down. Trickers arre usually good solid shoes with good finishing. Maybe the G zero line made in Northampton has better quality, I haven't seen them, but the other lines, I would never risk it again personally.post #124 of 1483/28/14 at 6:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Odradek
Picked up these lightly worn Grenson Glenn boots on ebay. Despite being a G fitting, with the addition of an insole, they are a great fit, and very comfortable.
Just can't really figure out what trousers they go best with. Wearing them with jeans today, and visually it doesn't work.
Trying to work with the green rather than against it, I'm trying different trousers with these boots today.post #125 of 1486/17/14 at 5:19amI know I'm kinda bringing up an old thread, better than starting a new one.
Anybody have some final advice for me on sizing, I ordered a pair of size UK7 Grenson G1 Moorgate Oxfords, I"m typically a size 8 in most dress shoes. Site said to order true to size, but I've read differently in other places, to size down 1/2 or even 1 full size.post #126 of 1487/20/14 at 7:21ampost #127 of 1487/25/14 at 1:53pmpost #128 of 1487/27/14 at 11:08ampost #129 of 1488/7/14 at 6:01ampost #130 of 1488/12/14 at 1:01pmpost #131 of 1488/12/14 at 8:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by MTLinStyle
I believe I have these. Bought them at the local store a week ago. Quality is decent, but nothing to write home about. It is not Carmina by any strech of imagination, but then neither is the price and it is my casual shoe to be worn with chino's and jeans and casual pants.
Thank you for the feedback.post #132 of 14811/24/14 at 4:51pm
newbie here from Toronto and wanted to revive this older thread.
I bought on impulse a pr of Grenson Tom's High Shine on sale from Club Monaco and received them
today. After I had ordered them, I then searched and found this thread about the G Two lineup.
Anyways, relatively new to the world of "nice" shoes and liked the look of these, but thought I would post
a few pics and perhaps get some feedback on the shoes in general, seeing as the general consensus seems to
be of a lower quality shoe.
They "seem" and look and feel quite nice to me, a touch narrow but stylish nonetheless. Not crazy $ but maybe
I'm the demo Grenson had in mind when marketing this lineup. Mind you on "sale" reasonable but regular list at
$400 is ridiculous, when for an extra $100-150 gets your Churches and such.
thanks for all replies. They even forgot to take off the security tags LOL
cheers,post #133 of 14812/4/14 at 12:21pm
I'm a newbie on the forum from Toronto as well and about a year and a half into the world of 'nicer' shoes.
I bought a pair of stanley's from CM in the sales and got a great deal. Admittedly they feel a tangible step down in quality from the pair of Sanders boots and Herring brogues (at around the $400 mark, these are right at the bottom end of the QUALITY shoe scale) I purchased last year, but for your first pair of decent ones, they are going to be just fine.
They are still made using the proper methods, and checked by Grenson... and definitely better than anything you'll find in Browns or B2 or Aldo- And I think the look of the high shine you have on yours looks great.
The G2's aren't worth anything near the full price, but you got yours on sale so wear them happily while you shop for a quality pair next time!post #134 of 1483/23/15 at 8:41pmpost #135 of 1483/25/15 at 7:07am
- Quality Of Grenson Shoes
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › What kinds of clothes designed for women do you like to wear the most? 9 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 26 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 45 seconds ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 52 seconds ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015