Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:24 am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:12 am in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Yesterday at 8:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Yesterday at 11:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Quality Of Grenson Shoes - Page 9post #121 of 1512/2/14 at 7:32pmpost #122 of 1513/13/14 at 4:48ampost #123 of 1513/13/14 at 1:38pm
Ordered one of the "Stanloey" models by email a couple of years ago. Awful quality, extremely disappointing. Poor quality leather, poor stitching, poorly finished. It's amazing what they can do with photos. Could never get the size right either and in the end asked for a refund. But the quality was very poor. Someone on this thread likened them to a slightly lower quality Trickers. Sorry, but do not agree, they are way way down. Trickers arre usually good solid shoes with good finishing. Maybe the G zero line made in Northampton has better quality, I haven't seen them, but the other lines, I would never risk it again personally.post #124 of 1513/28/14 at 6:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Odradek
Picked up these lightly worn Grenson Glenn boots on ebay. Despite being a G fitting, with the addition of an insole, they are a great fit, and very comfortable.
Just can't really figure out what trousers they go best with. Wearing them with jeans today, and visually it doesn't work.
Trying to work with the green rather than against it, I'm trying different trousers with these boots today.post #125 of 1516/17/14 at 5:19amI know I'm kinda bringing up an old thread, better than starting a new one.
Anybody have some final advice for me on sizing, I ordered a pair of size UK7 Grenson G1 Moorgate Oxfords, I"m typically a size 8 in most dress shoes. Site said to order true to size, but I've read differently in other places, to size down 1/2 or even 1 full size.post #126 of 1517/20/14 at 7:21ampost #127 of 1517/25/14 at 1:53pmpost #128 of 1517/27/14 at 11:08ampost #129 of 1518/7/14 at 6:01ampost #130 of 1518/12/14 at 1:01pmpost #131 of 1518/12/14 at 8:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by MTLinStyle
I believe I have these. Bought them at the local store a week ago. Quality is decent, but nothing to write home about. It is not Carmina by any strech of imagination, but then neither is the price and it is my casual shoe to be worn with chino's and jeans and casual pants.
Thank you for the feedback.post #132 of 15111/24/14 at 4:51pm
newbie here from Toronto and wanted to revive this older thread.
I bought on impulse a pr of Grenson Tom's High Shine on sale from Club Monaco and received them
today. After I had ordered them, I then searched and found this thread about the G Two lineup.
Anyways, relatively new to the world of "nice" shoes and liked the look of these, but thought I would post
a few pics and perhaps get some feedback on the shoes in general, seeing as the general consensus seems to
be of a lower quality shoe.
They "seem" and look and feel quite nice to me, a touch narrow but stylish nonetheless. Not crazy $ but maybe
I'm the demo Grenson had in mind when marketing this lineup. Mind you on "sale" reasonable but regular list at
$400 is ridiculous, when for an extra $100-150 gets your Churches and such.
thanks for all replies. They even forgot to take off the security tags LOL
cheers,post #133 of 15112/4/14 at 12:21pm
I'm a newbie on the forum from Toronto as well and about a year and a half into the world of 'nicer' shoes.
I bought a pair of stanley's from CM in the sales and got a great deal. Admittedly they feel a tangible step down in quality from the pair of Sanders boots and Herring brogues (at around the $400 mark, these are right at the bottom end of the QUALITY shoe scale) I purchased last year, but for your first pair of decent ones, they are going to be just fine.
They are still made using the proper methods, and checked by Grenson... and definitely better than anything you'll find in Browns or B2 or Aldo- And I think the look of the high shine you have on yours looks great.
The G2's aren't worth anything near the full price, but you got yours on sale so wear them happily while you shop for a quality pair next time!post #134 of 1513/23/15 at 8:41pmpost #135 of 1513/25/15 at 7:07am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › last one New RARE CLrockett Jones Ralph Lauren Cordovan Crup Tassel... 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 4 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 38R Suitsupply Napoli Blue Check 8 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Holland & Sherry Fabric Choices 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 14 minutes ago
- › 40S Suitsupply Napoli Navy Pinstripe 14 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW14 CPO, XL, Homespun wool 19 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...