Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:16 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/26/15 at 10:09pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 7/17/15 at 9:40pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 657post #9841 of 98527/22/15 at 9:18am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9842 of 98527/22/15 at 11:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Tuur
If the 348-last fits you, then take the same size in the 363-last. The 363-last is elongated like the 348-last so lenghtwise probably the same. In my experience, the 348-last is narrower then the 363-last. So if 363-last fits you, you should probably want to try on a 348-lasted shoe first.
I have a pair of Westbournes in the 348-last in UK7,5 and it's too snug for me. I also have a Millbank Chukka in the 363-last (UK7,5). The Millbank also fits snug but not too snug, and definitely less snug then the 348. Mind that the Westbourne is an Oxford with a toe cap, whille the millbank is a derby style shoe without toe cap. These things also have an impact on fit. So, as always, you should be careful with comparing lasts. Not only the last will be decisive for the fit.Quote:
Thanks for the input. Highly appreciated :)post #9843 of 98527/22/15 at 3:59pmpost #9844 of 98527/22/15 at 4:01pmpost #9845 of 98527/23/15 at 12:44ampost #9846 of 98527/23/15 at 10:20amHello all. I need some help.
I'm going to participate in the GMTO for Crockett and Jones Lindrick on the 325 last, but I am unsure of sizing.
My only C&J experience is the RL Marlow Wingtip, in which I have a US size 11.5. It just barely fits, so I think I'll need to size up.
The RL Marlow is supposedly on the 325 last, but I distinctly remember reading it's not the normal 325 last but the narrow 325 last.
Also, since the GMTO will be using UK sizing, I need to know what the exact equivalent UK size would be for a US 12 in the C&J for RL line.
Any advice is appreciated.post #9847 of 98527/23/15 at 10:42ampost #9848 of 98527/23/15 at 11:04amQuote:
Yes, sir. That is correct. I wear 11.5D in Alden Barrie last on shell models with reverse welts, but 12 with a flat welt (as the J.Crew PCT boot).
Thank you for the feedback.post #9849 of 98527/23/15 at 12:17pmpost #9850 of 98527/23/15 at 12:46pmpost #9851 of 98527/23/15 at 12:47pmQuote:
I think the GMTO is full at this point. The organizer should let you know soon that you should get in touch with her to provide payment information.
EDIT: as of now, there are still 4 spaces.
Edited by Churchill W - Yesterday at 1:24 pm
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 5 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 1 minute ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Portland (OR) Shopping Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...