I would keep them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:44 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 9/2/15 at 9:01pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:04 am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 61
Styleforum Top Pickspost #902 of 100031/20/12 at 8:35pmQuote:
And how! My preference for long lasts and wingtip toe boxes has brought this to my attention most clearly. I can't take it when the first crease is anywhere into the wingtip - makes me very unhappy.post #903 of 100031/20/12 at 10:00pmpost #904 of 100031/21/12 at 12:32ampost #905 of 100031/21/12 at 12:54amQuote:
sure, would make me either. almost none of the people, who buy rtw have them individually fitted. probably because it seems that there are not too many places in the u.s., who are able to do it. working on the fit is a ongoing thing for me. it's essential imo. maybe, i'm to obsessed with it and am going to far, but i shake my head when peoplde do not understand why there shoes do not fit although it's totally obvious.
on the other hand some people here wear orthotics and i have seen pictures of them, oh well.post #906 of 100031/21/12 at 1:02amQuote:
congrats to the new wheels.
what does it mean? a low arch means flat feet for me, but there must be something else. thanks.post #907 of 100031/21/12 at 1:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Burton
I called the NYC store on Wed and my Drummonds arrived today. Fantastic shoe. Love the color and the look. I went with my same 341 last size (8.5) and they are working like a charm. They are longer but much of it is just cosmetic. They have quite the high instep--so if you don't have an arch, they are not for you. Thankful for me because low instep shoes are a pain in the foot.
Speaking on behalf of and to the low arch population, I have many pairs of 348/358 lasted shoes, and they are perfectly fine - don't be put off by the high brow high archers looking down at us!post #908 of 100031/21/12 at 6:09amQuote:Quote:
Thanks, Fritzl, I do mean flat footed --or low arch. Dandie, I am suprised they work as well for you--but that is really cool. In contrast, Aldens are made for low instep (I am guessing, flat-footed) Americans. It takes quite a bit more volume to fill up a C&J shoe. I like the high instep in the C&J, it makes for a very comfortable shoe for me.
In regard to fit, I think the 348 benchgrade last is not quite idetical to the 358 handgrade. The 358 appears just a skosh longer.post #909 of 100031/21/12 at 6:21ampost #910 of 100031/21/12 at 7:48am
In regard to fit, I think the 348 benchgrade last is not quite idetical to the 358 handgrade. The 358 appears just a skosh longer.
I just compared my 348 Lowndes and 358 Selbourne sole to sole, and if there is a difference, it is too small for me to see with the naked eye.
Safe to say you will be the same size in one as you are in the other, though I go down half a size if it is a derby (eg brunswick) compared to an oxford.post #911 of 100031/21/12 at 8:17amPosted this on quick questions but i should have put it here. Bought a pair of C&J Chelsea boots last Friday, they felt OK in the store but after wearing them a couple of days i have noticed a problem.
The left boot felt loose compared with the right, this was really odd to me as it's my left foot that is actually the bigger of the two so this side is usually a perfect fit. I had a look at them and placed two insoles which measure exactly the same into each boot and noticed there is a difference in size. The top area feels fine but around the heel it seems the left boot is longer, being chelsea boots this also throws off the fit of the shaft too. I tried an insole but it just makes the boot tight around my toe area and does little for the heal area. Do you think i have reason here for an exchange or repair if possible?
Would this be considered a manufacturing fault or do they have tolerance for this kind of issue? It doesn't feel right at all, wearing them now and its like two different boots although both are a 9E.post #912 of 100031/21/12 at 9:23ampost #913 of 100031/21/12 at 9:39ampost #914 of 100031/21/12 at 9:55am
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 56 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 4 September 2015: Air Your Linen! 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Calvin Klein X Suit. Does this look like poly? 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015