I would keep them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 10:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 7:23 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 61
Styleforum Top Pickspost #902 of 98781/20/12 at 8:35pmQuote:
And how! My preference for long lasts and wingtip toe boxes has brought this to my attention most clearly. I can't take it when the first crease is anywhere into the wingtip - makes me very unhappy.post #903 of 98781/20/12 at 10:00pmpost #904 of 98781/21/12 at 12:32ampost #905 of 98781/21/12 at 12:54amQuote:
sure, would make me either. almost none of the people, who buy rtw have them individually fitted. probably because it seems that there are not too many places in the u.s., who are able to do it. working on the fit is a ongoing thing for me. it's essential imo. maybe, i'm to obsessed with it and am going to far, but i shake my head when peoplde do not understand why there shoes do not fit although it's totally obvious.
on the other hand some people here wear orthotics and i have seen pictures of them, oh well.post #906 of 98781/21/12 at 1:02amQuote:
congrats to the new wheels.
what does it mean? a low arch means flat feet for me, but there must be something else. thanks.post #907 of 98781/21/12 at 1:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Burton
I called the NYC store on Wed and my Drummonds arrived today. Fantastic shoe. Love the color and the look. I went with my same 341 last size (8.5) and they are working like a charm. They are longer but much of it is just cosmetic. They have quite the high instep--so if you don't have an arch, they are not for you. Thankful for me because low instep shoes are a pain in the foot.
Speaking on behalf of and to the low arch population, I have many pairs of 348/358 lasted shoes, and they are perfectly fine - don't be put off by the high brow high archers looking down at us!post #908 of 98781/21/12 at 6:09amQuote:Quote:
Thanks, Fritzl, I do mean flat footed --or low arch. Dandie, I am suprised they work as well for you--but that is really cool. In contrast, Aldens are made for low instep (I am guessing, flat-footed) Americans. It takes quite a bit more volume to fill up a C&J shoe. I like the high instep in the C&J, it makes for a very comfortable shoe for me.
In regard to fit, I think the 348 benchgrade last is not quite idetical to the 358 handgrade. The 358 appears just a skosh longer.post #909 of 98781/21/12 at 6:21ampost #910 of 98781/21/12 at 7:48am
In regard to fit, I think the 348 benchgrade last is not quite idetical to the 358 handgrade. The 358 appears just a skosh longer.
I just compared my 348 Lowndes and 358 Selbourne sole to sole, and if there is a difference, it is too small for me to see with the naked eye.
Safe to say you will be the same size in one as you are in the other, though I go down half a size if it is a derby (eg brunswick) compared to an oxford.post #911 of 98781/21/12 at 8:17amPosted this on quick questions but i should have put it here. Bought a pair of C&J Chelsea boots last Friday, they felt OK in the store but after wearing them a couple of days i have noticed a problem.
The left boot felt loose compared with the right, this was really odd to me as it's my left foot that is actually the bigger of the two so this side is usually a perfect fit. I had a look at them and placed two insoles which measure exactly the same into each boot and noticed there is a difference in size. The top area feels fine but around the heel it seems the left boot is longer, being chelsea boots this also throws off the fit of the shaft too. I tried an insole but it just makes the boot tight around my toe area and does little for the heal area. Do you think i have reason here for an exchange or repair if possible?
Would this be considered a manufacturing fault or do they have tolerance for this kind of issue? It doesn't feel right at all, wearing them now and its like two different boots although both are a 9E.post #912 of 98781/21/12 at 9:23ampost #913 of 98781/21/12 at 9:39ampost #914 of 98781/21/12 at 9:55am
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 25 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 59 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 7 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...