or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 55

post #811 of 7809
Sup G!

Cottesmore with a single application of brown saphir creme

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
post #812 of 7809
It's a shame they don't do the cottesmore in a very dark brown as I'd definitely buy it then!
post #813 of 7809
'sup N!

Where you been man!

Cottsmores look terrible!


peepwall[1].gif


Just kidding! They look good! It's amazing what a few coats of color can do!
post #814 of 7809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post

It's a shame they don't do the cottesmore in a very dark brown as I'd definitely buy it then!

I agree. My goal is to darken them to resemble a dark brown. thus every application of creme/polish will be a burgundy or brown. looking forward to the progression
post #815 of 7809
I have this same shoe in a lighter cinnamon color. I love it. But I also like the color of yours. I've owned a lot of suede shoes and your color can be very forgiving. I recommend spraying them with a water proofing spray. It will keep them looking their best fo a very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace View Post

Cross-post.

Westfield from Barneys:

photo5.jpg
post #816 of 7809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

'sup N!
Where you been man!
Cottsmores look terrible!
peepwall[1].gif
Just kidding! They look good! It's amazing what a few coats of color can do!

work, stuff, life, etc. SF wise, im spending a lot more time on the SW&D side. i guess you could say im spending more time with the sneaker crowd. today i wore these:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
476

nod[1].gif
post #817 of 7809
Them shooz has they own purse!

lol8[1].gif

Traitor!

smack.gif
post #818 of 7809
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Sup G!

Cottesmore with a single application of brown saphir creme

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Namor,
Those look Much better!!
How did you apply the polish? Brush? Cloth? Would the darker polish "streak"?
Have you attempted to darken further?
post #819 of 7809
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap10046 View Post

Tarmac,
No wonder..i think when I started my search for a pair of Cottesmores, a search brought yours up and thats what inspired me. I love them..but the C&J Chestnut, in my opinion is just a bit too burnt orange? Thank you for clarifying that your's is a completely different shoe, but I just have to tone these down a bit...or sell them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ polish with brown. chestnut takes darker polish well. ive only applied a single coat on my cottesmore but the change is noticeably better, darker, richer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post

It's a shame they don't do the cottesmore in a very dark brown as I'd definitely buy it then!

First off, I totally encourage you to experiment with coloring if you want to try. It's pretty hard to completely ruin a shoe. But I don't think you will be able to get it this dark unless you do one of those acetone strip and restain, etc.

cottesmore_darkbrown.jpg

I used to have a very light tan pair of CJ Polo Jodhpurs, they were one of my favorites but they fit odd, that is the only reason I got rid of them. The color was great.
post #820 of 7809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

Them shooz has they own purse!
lol8[1].gif
Traitor!
smack.gif

lol. im 25 so whenever I go out, I attempt to dress age appropriately. cant wear my C&J austerity broque wingtip in cavalry brown at da clubz. da purse comes in quite handy... chapstick, credit card, keys, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap10046 View Post

Namor,
Those look Much better!!
How did you apply the polish? Brush? Cloth? Would the darker polish "streak"?
Have you attempted to darken further?

not yet. ill post a pic after the next application

Tarmac, I agree with your point. Im not looking for a brown. a light brown will be just fine for me
post #821 of 7809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post

First off, I totally encourage you to experiment with coloring if you want to try. It's pretty hard to completely ruin a shoe. But I don't think you will be able to get it this dark unless you do one of those acetone strip and restain, etc.
cottesmore_darkbrown.jpg
I used to have a very light tan pair of CJ Polo Jodhpurs, they were one of my favorites but they fit odd, that is the only reason I got rid of them. The color was great.

Lord Above!!!
Those shoes are just FANTASTIC...!
post #822 of 7809
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

I have this same shoe in a lighter cinnamon color. I love it. But I also like the color of yours. I've owned a lot of suede shoes and your color can be very forgiving. I recommend spraying them with a water proofing spray. It will keep them looking their best fo a very long time.

Cheers, PSG. I actually saw them in your post about your go-to items and pulled the trigger shortly thereafter. I've wanted a pair of suede captoes for a while and never pulled the trigger on suede McKays a few years back when they were on sale and regretted it.
post #823 of 7809

I'm trying to ID these. They sort of look like C&Js with the brouging but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated. They do have 6 lace eyelets though...

 

ETA: I actually meant how the toe angles down toward the front, it's a compound angle that is kinda unique, i'd think. They are quite comfortable.

 

tumblr_lxx5r5j7N81qmvzlto1_500.jpgtumblr_lxx5r5j7N81qmvzlto2_250.jpgtumblr_lxx5r5j7N81qmvzlto3_250.jpgtumblr_lxx5r5j7N81qmvzlto4_250.jpg


Edited by danvprod - 1/17/12 at 8:52am
post #824 of 7809
Quote:
Originally Posted by danvprod View Post

I'm trying to ID these. They sort of look like C&Js with the chiseled toe and brouging but I'm not sure

 

 

That's the most bulbous chisel I've ever seen

post #825 of 7809
Doesn't look like CJ, doesn't even look like a chisel.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **