Cognac is more brown- a bit orange like the original color of my westborne. You could always go with middle brown if you're looking for a true brown.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 11:25 am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 6:26 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 459post #6871 of 98535/8/14 at 4:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6872 of 98535/8/14 at 5:40pmpost #6873 of 98535/8/14 at 11:30pmpost #6874 of 98535/9/14 at 4:03am
Crockett & Jones - Artwork Competition
We see so many great shots from SF members of our shoes that would certainly have a shot of winning the competition. At very least, we would love to post some of these photos on our Facebook and Twitter feeds. I remember one photo from, I think, CTBrummie of his Islays after a hard days paint-balling. Our production director particularly enjoyed that one! Send it in and we'll judge away!
Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kind regards, and good luck to those who enter.
Crockett & Jones Online.post #6875 of 98535/9/14 at 5:27amQuote:
As I stated in a previous post, the owner of the store where I bought the Monkton's indicated that I could mix mahogany and dark brown to create chestnut but I'm thinking of mixing Cognac and Mahogany instead. Does anyone do this and if so, what's the best way to do it?post #6876 of 98535/9/14 at 9:18ampost #6877 of 98535/9/14 at 9:47ampost #6878 of 98535/9/14 at 9:50ampost #6879 of 98535/9/14 at 9:53ampost #6880 of 98535/9/14 at 9:56amQuote:
I'm in hot, icky Florida U.S. and as a rabid boot afficianado - 70% of my shoes are boots! - I wear them year round.
I both endlessly fight with as well as make a lot of concessions to the heat but my boots are non-negotiable. Even if it's 100 degrees out, my Lindricks, Ludlows, etc. are all still in rotation.
heat be damned!!!post #6881 of 98535/9/14 at 10:38am
Had to go to Northampton this afternoon (to drop a pair of shoes off in Edward Green) so popped into the Crockett & Jones Factory store as it is closeby.
Found a pair of Tetbury boots in my size, so added it to my previous factory store purchases.
Previous purchases were
Grasmerepost #6882 of 98535/9/14 at 11:11ampost #6883 of 98535/9/14 at 1:10pmpost #6884 of 98535/9/14 at 1:14pm
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 10 minutes ago
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 10 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 26 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 30 minutes ago
- › What would you wear today? 32 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 41 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 46 minutes ago
- › Compared to my friends, I'm failing in my career. How do I get back... 50 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...