Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 2:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 7:23 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 416
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6227 of 98793/13/14 at 11:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Tamyom
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Absolutely amazing! Please give us a bit more information on their history. Are you the 1st owner, or were they you fathers, grandfathers or none of the above? Don't mean to be nosy, we just don't often see 70 year old boots in action on here..post #6228 of 98793/13/14 at 11:54ampost #6229 of 98793/13/14 at 12:17pmpost #6230 of 98793/13/14 at 12:23pmpost #6231 of 98793/13/14 at 1:27pmpost #6232 of 98793/13/14 at 1:53pmpost #6233 of 98793/13/14 at 1:58pmpost #6234 of 98793/13/14 at 1:59pmpost #6235 of 98793/13/14 at 2:01pmpost #6236 of 98793/13/14 at 2:02pmpost #6237 of 98793/13/14 at 4:23pmQuote:Quote:
I must have misread the information somewhere by the sounds of it. I did call Burlington Arcade shop and the manager was very kind and asked me to post the shoes there and C&J will fix the issue and send them back to me. However considering that the issue is so minor and that it's only the glue that has come apart (the stitching is untouched) would it be better for me to fix the issue myself using a bit of Shoe Goo or some other recommended glue? Or should I not mess at all and send the shoes to C&J?post #6238 of 98793/13/14 at 5:10pmpost #6239 of 98793/13/14 at 5:45pm
its not a channeled sole Namor..
i wouldn't glue it yourself...
if you send it to C&J in the burlington arcade they may very well send it to a shoe repair near them that they trust.
A.) Take it to a good shoe repair that you trust and that you know is good
B.) Ship it to the store and let them deal with it...
Either should result in a good fix..
It will probably cost you $10.00 to fix it at a shoe repair...post #6240 of 98793/13/14 at 6:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tamyom
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So those bad boys raise the question as to whether C&J will do a triple sole today.
Scotch grain Coniston on triple sole seems like a group MTO candidate.
I know AS will do a triple. Or they have done very recently.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Tellason Ladbrok Grove Slim Tapered 35 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...