or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 348

post #5206 of 8051

I use regular woodlore ones but i was thinking of upgrading to Epics soon. 

 

Also, Gianni's in a 10.5 (or I can exchange for a size on the RL site) for sale. Selling for a little under their recent sale price. PM me if interested.

post #5207 of 8051

I've been looking for a #8 shell balmoral boot. I'm a big an of the EG Epsom, so maybe something with a contrast shaft. Kent Wang has a burg Balmorl boot9uLlxh

post #5208 of 8051
Let me know if any of those Conistons from the Barney's sale don't work out for you. 8.5 or 9 US size.
post #5209 of 8051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racove View Post

Let me know if any of those Conistons from the Barney's sale don't work out for you. 8.5 or 9 US size.

If you haven't already, use style number online and call a store, there should still be stock in stores
post #5210 of 8051
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

If you haven't already, use style number online and call a store, there should still be stock in stores

Good idea. Geez, I know better than this. So.. I'm a US 9 or say 8.5D Alden Barrie... the consensus is to size down 1/2 to 7.5UK/8.5US ?
post #5211 of 8051
General consensus is 1 full size down from your US tts to get the UK size. So you'd want 8E UK in the Coniston. I.e., go tts for the Coniston.
post #5212 of 8051
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

+1

Very glad to hear this 7fold and Boots! Thanks for the response.. 341 is slightly longer than 325 so I think that helps with the narrower last. I also think all three of us have narrow heels. Low volume feet are mine .. So I am told. You guys have a good Holiday BTW!
post #5213 of 8051

Got the Conistons from Barneys sale today. They are smooth leather (not scotch grain) and darkerish brown not tan. Figured they would be a little different after I actually read the description post order. Oh Well. Will be returning. Was a nice price to take a shot at. 

post #5214 of 8051
^ Can you tell me the size? I may be interested. Thanks.
post #5215 of 8051

UK 11/ US 12

post #5216 of 8051

My Barneys Conistons arrive tomorrow.  I'm hoping they're keepers.  If they look like they're on the 341 last, then I may have a hard time keeping them as although they're calf, they'll look too much like my Harlechs.  If they're on the 325, then the bulkier, beefier toe box might justify me keeping them.  And this is especially if the dark brown is close to the color of their dark brown shell.

post #5217 of 8051
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorHolliday View Post
 

Got the Conistons from Barneys sale today. They are smooth leather (not scotch grain) and darkerish brown not tan. Figured they would be a little different after I actually read the description post order. Oh Well. Will be returning. Was a nice price to take a shot at. 


I agree..... I think scotch grain looks better on this boot...

post #5218 of 8051

Speaking of which... anyone here own Conistons and are willing to supply beautiful pictures? :)

post #5219 of 8051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somatic View Post
 

Speaking of which... anyone here own Conistons and are willing to supply beautiful pictures? :)

No picture can justify the smooth lines and color of a Coniston irl. Save up and buy a pair. Don't look back.

post #5220 of 8051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somatic View Post

Speaking of which... anyone here own Conistons and are willing to supply beautiful pictures? smile.gif

Pics of mine are dotted throughout this thread...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **