or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 339

post #5071 of 8499
^
Member CandJONLINE I believe, try a PM...
post #5072 of 8499
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

I use Sno-Seal on mine and it worked great last winter.

How often do you have to re-apply the Sno-Seal? I was planning on using it for a pair of boots this winter.
post #5073 of 8499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post

How often do you have to re-apply the Sno-Seal? I was planning on using it for a pair of boots this winter.

All depends on how often the boots are exposed to the elements, mate.

Most of my boots and shoes are designed for walking and they all tend to get waxed a couple of times a year with similar products, more if they need it.
post #5074 of 8499
Monitoring my wife to ensure she's following the Mac method for breaking in her Chelsea boots. Most expensive footwear she's ever bought. I think I've created a monster...
post #5075 of 8499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isbister View Post
 

Five or six years ago I bought two pairs of Grasmere shoes - one black, one tan. I'm very fond of country grain and like them a lot - the last suits me very well. Last week I bought another pair of black Grasmeres - the original pair are still in quite good order but had become quite scratched.

 

The new pair appear to be made from a rather different grade of leather - the pebble grain is somewhat more defined, which I like, but the leather seems rather stiffer, which I'm uncertain about. I'm quite sure the original Grasmeres were always softer, it's not a question of their having become softer with age.

 

I would be grateful if C&J's spokesman could comment on whether the sourcing of their leather could have changed in this time.

Dear Isbister,

 

There is a big possibility that we could have changed supplier in that time, although it would only have been out of necessity, following a reduction in quality of the previous leather or lack of availability etc.

 

All the best,

CandJOnline

post #5076 of 8499

 

My Islays in Bronze Oil Nubuck/Dainite rubber soles after a few weeks of wear

post #5077 of 8499
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

Monitoring my wife to ensure she's following the Mac method for breaking in her Chelsea boots. Most expensive footwear she's ever bought. I think I've created a monster...
BootSpell, how did you get your wife into premium footwear? My GF wears 3yr old run over Bjorn walkers and insists that she's just fine.
post #5078 of 8499

Picked up these Tetburys today in the Crockett and Jones flagship store in London. Very happy with them and the service!

post #5079 of 8499
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post


BootSpell, how did you get your wife into premium footwear? My GF wears 3yr old run over Bjorn walkers and insists that she's just fine.

 

Be, why would you want your GF to be into premium footwear???  That could be distrastrous for her budget (maybe yours, too?)!  Seriously, my wife usually looks for sales and buys nice enough looking shoes/boots but cheap ones.  They inevitably disintegrate in a year or two.  I'm not sure she's still "into" premium footwear but I'm still kinda worried.

 

In this case, she was waiting for me in the C&J store on Jermyn St while I was trying on boots and we were there for probably a couple of hours.  She kept watching the C&J sales girls walking by and finally asked about the shoes/boots they were wearing.  That was the end of that.  She spent more than I did that day.

 

I have a feeling it was just because we were on vacation and she felt less reluctant to spend money.  We'll have to see going forward.  Why don't you try buying your GF a nice pair that you think she'd look good in?

post #5080 of 8499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrey View Post
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

My Islays in Bronze Oil Nubuck/Dainite rubber soles after a few weeks of wear

 

Those look great!  Hadn't seen that makeup before.  Where did you get them?

 

BTW, welcome to SF.

post #5081 of 8499
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTBrummie View Post

All depends on how often the boots are exposed to the elements, mate.

Most of my boots and shoes are designed for walking and they all tend to get waxed a couple of times a year with similar products, more if they need it.

I'm going to probably be wearing them once a week. I don't plan on hiking in them or anything rugged, just commuting to and fro from work. They'll experience rain/snow/ice for sure. Do you think re-applying every 3 to 4 months should be sufficient?
post #5082 of 8499
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

Those look great!  Hadn't seen that makeup before.  Where did you get them?

BTW, welcome to SF.

Thanks. It's a bespoke version for a retailer in Stockholm, Sweden, called Grafford.
post #5083 of 8499

Do any of you order C&J off the internet? Seems like Barney's is the only online retailer here in the States. Any recommended UK ones? May end up being cheaper actually if they subtract the VAT.

post #5084 of 8499
Try Bodileys, Edwards of Manchester, and Pediwear. I hear good things, albeit, sometimes difficult to source. If all fails, try contacting a C&J store directly...
post #5085 of 8499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somatic View Post
 

Do any of you order C&J off the internet? Seems like Barney's is the only online retailer here in the States. Any recommended UK ones? May end up being cheaper actually if they subtract the VAT.

If you search, there was a recent discussion on other online retailers in the US.  One is Ben Silver.  I think you are right, though --- UK may end up being cheaper.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **