Member CandJONLINE I believe, try a PM...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 12/21/14 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 11:37 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Crockett & Jones MTO Central Last post on Today at 3:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 339
Styleforum Top Picks
All depends on how often the boots are exposed to the elements, mate.
Most of my boots and shoes are designed for walking and they all tend to get waxed a couple of times a year with similar products, more if they need it.
Five or six years ago I bought two pairs of Grasmere shoes - one black, one tan. I'm very fond of country grain and like them a lot - the last suits me very well. Last week I bought another pair of black Grasmeres - the original pair are still in quite good order but had become quite scratched.
The new pair appear to be made from a rather different grade of leather - the pebble grain is somewhat more defined, which I like, but the leather seems rather stiffer, which I'm uncertain about. I'm quite sure the original Grasmeres were always softer, it's not a question of their having become softer with age.
I would be grateful if C&J's spokesman could comment on whether the sourcing of their leather could have changed in this time.
There is a big possibility that we could have changed supplier in that time, although it would only have been out of necessity, following a reduction in quality of the previous leather or lack of availability etc.
All the best,
Be, why would you want your GF to be into premium footwear??? That could be distrastrous for her budget (maybe yours, too?)! Seriously, my wife usually looks for sales and buys nice enough looking shoes/boots but cheap ones. They inevitably disintegrate in a year or two. I'm not sure she's still "into" premium footwear but I'm still kinda worried.
In this case, she was waiting for me in the C&J store on Jermyn St while I was trying on boots and we were there for probably a couple of hours. She kept watching the C&J sales girls walking by and finally asked about the shoes/boots they were wearing. That was the end of that. She spent more than I did that day.
I have a feeling it was just because we were on vacation and she felt less reluctant to spend money. We'll have to see going forward. Why don't you try buying your GF a nice pair that you think she'd look good in?
I'm going to probably be wearing them once a week. I don't plan on hiking in them or anything rugged, just commuting to and fro from work. They'll experience rain/snow/ice for sure. Do you think re-applying every 3 to 4 months should be sufficient?
If you search, there was a recent discussion on other online retailers in the US. One is Ben Silver. I think you are right, though --- UK may end up being cheaper.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › NWT Ralph Lauren Purple Label Cabled 100% Cashmere Scarf 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Degree of Branding in Classic Menswear 15 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...