Member CandJONLINE I believe, try a PM...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:01 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 5:26 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 5:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 339
Styleforum Top Picks
All depends on how often the boots are exposed to the elements, mate.
Most of my boots and shoes are designed for walking and they all tend to get waxed a couple of times a year with similar products, more if they need it.
Five or six years ago I bought two pairs of Grasmere shoes - one black, one tan. I'm very fond of country grain and like them a lot - the last suits me very well. Last week I bought another pair of black Grasmeres - the original pair are still in quite good order but had become quite scratched.
The new pair appear to be made from a rather different grade of leather - the pebble grain is somewhat more defined, which I like, but the leather seems rather stiffer, which I'm uncertain about. I'm quite sure the original Grasmeres were always softer, it's not a question of their having become softer with age.
I would be grateful if C&J's spokesman could comment on whether the sourcing of their leather could have changed in this time.
There is a big possibility that we could have changed supplier in that time, although it would only have been out of necessity, following a reduction in quality of the previous leather or lack of availability etc.
All the best,
Be, why would you want your GF to be into premium footwear??? That could be distrastrous for her budget (maybe yours, too?)! Seriously, my wife usually looks for sales and buys nice enough looking shoes/boots but cheap ones. They inevitably disintegrate in a year or two. I'm not sure she's still "into" premium footwear but I'm still kinda worried.
In this case, she was waiting for me in the C&J store on Jermyn St while I was trying on boots and we were there for probably a couple of hours. She kept watching the C&J sales girls walking by and finally asked about the shoes/boots they were wearing. That was the end of that. She spent more than I did that day.
I have a feeling it was just because we were on vacation and she felt less reluctant to spend money. We'll have to see going forward. Why don't you try buying your GF a nice pair that you think she'd look good in?
I'm going to probably be wearing them once a week. I don't plan on hiking in them or anything rugged, just commuting to and fro from work. They'll experience rain/snow/ice for sure. Do you think re-applying every 3 to 4 months should be sufficient?
If you search, there was a recent discussion on other online retailers in the US. One is Ben Silver. I think you are right, though --- UK may end up being cheaper.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 9 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 58 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Dust Black Guidi Calf Service Boots 10.5 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...