Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 8/1/15 at 7:13pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Yesterday at 4:53 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 333
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4982 of 988610/23/13 at 6:33pmpost #4983 of 988610/24/13 at 3:22ampost #4984 of 988610/24/13 at 11:25am
You're lucky. I ordered them in the C&J Brussels store and they don't have the dark brown calf ones in stock (only the black ones). So they'll have to come from the C&J factory. I guess it will take a month or so.post #4985 of 988610/24/13 at 12:04pmpost #4986 of 988610/24/13 at 3:58pmQuote:
The waxed nubuck and long, long vamp can result in some unsightly creasing with the dark brown Tetbury's, I think. See below (not mine)post #4987 of 988610/24/13 at 6:08pmpost #4988 of 988610/24/13 at 6:45pmQuote:
Here are my brown Tetburys (I happen to have worn them today; you can see a small scuff on the left big toe):
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I've had them for about 3-5 years and love them so much, I just bought a pair of black nubuck (I was torn between black and suede). They are my go-to business casual boots in rain and light snow. I don't think they're the waxed nubuck, but I forget the name C&J used. I do polish them with red periodically and also use Saphir's "mahagoni" colored cream to maintain the reddish tint. I think the red gives the color more depth (Several places actually look like wood grain).post #4989 of 988610/26/13 at 3:15pmpost #4990 of 988610/26/13 at 3:54pmpost #4991 of 988610/26/13 at 8:25pmpost #4992 of 988610/27/13 at 6:53am
As a relatively poor university student, my funds are quite limited. This means that I cannot spend a fortune on a pair of boots, but I think that it isn't something you can really save on.
Could somebody please inform me whether the price list below is valid for C&J retail stores in London? The model I am interested in is Chelsea 8 in Black wax calf.
CJpost #4993 of 988610/27/13 at 7:58amQuote:Originally Posted by cj456k2
Unfortunately, I do believe that things may have increased by ~5% since that list came out.post #4994 of 988610/27/13 at 10:42amI bought a Chelsea 3 like 4 years ago at pediwear and the price was like 270 pounds, now its 370. Dont you agree that this price increase in C&J is a bit unusual, other brans seem to hold their prices for longer periods. Dont you think 370 pounds for C&J benchgrade is becoming a bit overpriced?
regardspost #4995 of 988610/27/13 at 10:49am
Yes, indeed, I have to admit that as more time passes by, I've been getting these second thought about C&J. It seems that the bench grade models are 'a bit' overpriced compared to other manufacturers.
Therefore, can you please recommend me anything else besides Chelsea 8 by C&J? Most of the time I would wear them in a pretty casual manner. Not really intending to wear them with a suit or anything.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 37 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › A Visit to BRIO Beijing 2 minutes ago
- › What is the Retail Price for a Tom Ford Blazer and Scarf ?? 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...