Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 1:02 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- FINAL DROP-EG and AS shoes Great condition shoes! 10.5-11.5 US EG, C&J, AS. Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop: Crockett and Jones Northcote size 11DUS Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ID these Peal and Co. Boots -- Alden or AE? Last post on 10/26/12 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 333
Styleforum Top Picks
You're lucky. I ordered them in the C&J Brussels store and they don't have the dark brown calf ones in stock (only the black ones). So they'll have to come from the C&J factory. I guess it will take a month or so.
The waxed nubuck and long, long vamp can result in some unsightly creasing with the dark brown Tetbury's, I think. See below (not mine)
Here are my brown Tetburys (I happen to have worn them today; you can see a small scuff on the left big toe):
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I've had them for about 3-5 years and love them so much, I just bought a pair of black nubuck (I was torn between black and suede). They are my go-to business casual boots in rain and light snow. I don't think they're the waxed nubuck, but I forget the name C&J used. I do polish them with red periodically and also use Saphir's "mahagoni" colored cream to maintain the reddish tint. I think the red gives the color more depth (Several places actually look like wood grain).
As a relatively poor university student, my funds are quite limited. This means that I cannot spend a fortune on a pair of boots, but I think that it isn't something you can really save on.
Could somebody please inform me whether the price list below is valid for C&J retail stores in London? The model I am interested in is Chelsea 8 in Black wax calf.
Unfortunately, I do believe that things may have increased by ~5% since that list came out.
Yes, indeed, I have to admit that as more time passes by, I've been getting these second thought about C&J. It seems that the bench grade models are 'a bit' overpriced compared to other manufacturers.
Therefore, can you please recommend me anything else besides Chelsea 8 by C&J? Most of the time I would wear them in a pretty casual manner. Not really intending to wear them with a suit or anything.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 49 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Edward green 202 last 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy 9 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)