Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 10:14 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- FINAL DROP-EG and AS shoes Great condition shoes! 10.5-11.5 US EG, C&J, AS. Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop: Crockett and Jones Northcote size 11DUS Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 325
Styleforum Top Picks
They look as good here as the other place I saw them.
Sorry to hear about the one shoe being cut.
Have you contacted the vendor that sold them to you yet?
This Brummie, navy just doesn't do it for me (btw I have handled the black scotch grain that C&J uses on Onslow and Grasmere and I don't like it either so perhaps I have a double negative bias here). Having said all that they have a nice distinct silhouette and look good on you.
Well, alea iacta est. Kind of. Placed the special order today and have six months to decide whether or not to keep the Conistons as long as they're not worn outside!
The key for me is whether or not the navy leather will fade or darken over time, and obviously taking what steps I can to push them in the former direction. If I keep them, of course...
As for the special order, well it's not actually that special but it's exactly what I wanted - a veldtschoen boot in rough-out to replace the storm-welted Arrans I already have. A proper field boot as opposed to a 'walk in the country' boot, and one that will look the dog's bollocks with denim. I've asked the shop to enquire of the factory to see if they can produce a pattern with a full bellows tongue, as opposed to the half bellows the Snowdon pattern has as standard.
Being on the Snowdon pattern and not the Arran means that it'll be unlined, which is fine. Should be with me by the end of November...
Last comparison. Left to right. Marlow PTB last? Marlow Wingtip 325, C&J for BB boot 240, C&J Ashdown 341. 325 is straight lasted and very roomy in the toes. 240 is straight lasted as well but with a much more narrower toe box. 341 is curved lasted and narrow, good fit for my low volume thin feet. image.jpg 1268k .jpg file
Edited by BeSpiffington - 9/28/13 at 6:36pm
Chipshot, thanks for posting the pics of what I would consider a proper wardrobe of mens everyday footwear. I've got basically the same line-up except that my boots and my other PTB are Alden's. I think all one would need is a shoe in basic black to round out the rotation. For a black dress shoe I prefer calfskin over shell cordovan on a single leather sole. To me black calfskin compliments, and looks better, when worn with a quality wool suit (super 130's or above), and when wearing cashmeres and silks, as would be the case when the occasion requires formal dress. To me the shine one can get on calfskin looks softer and less glaring than shell. What do you think of a whoke-cut four eyelet shoe like the C&J Alex for basic black shoe, too dressy? Of the four C&J cordovan shoes you posted which do you wear most often?
I wear my black shell LHS quite a bit. In fact .. I'd like to see a shell penny forum added as I do wear a ton of loafers in the summer.
No, I did not bring it up to the CJ boutique. I did mention her shoes came missing the extra set of different shoe laces when I went in for some CJ trees & wax today... But it is ok. She loves them. And she saw the new Zena Navy boots they have in their new catalog...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This being my first post on these forums I feel I must apologise that I did not manage to get through reading this whole thread so please forgive me if this question has already been covered.
I am on the verge of purchasing my first pair of C&J shoes, but I have a slight predicament in that I live in New Zealand and there is a noted lack of quality shoes here. I'm happy enough to order the C&Js online, but I am concerned about getting the right fit. I managed to find a local store that stocks Barker shoes and the 'Arnold' (69 last) fit me perfectly in size 9.5 G. I was hoping to buy the C&J 'Radstock' in black on the 341 last - do you think they would also fit as well in 9.5 G? Is the instep and arch comparable? I know this is a longshot and thanks in advance for any feedback.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 18 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 19 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 20 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 24 minutes ago
- › On solid and solid-like... 25 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 29 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...