Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:43 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 5/20/15 at 6:37am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 7:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 5/13/15 at 9:04pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 325
Styleforum Top Picks
They look as good here as the other place I saw them.
Sorry to hear about the one shoe being cut.
Have you contacted the vendor that sold them to you yet?
This Brummie, navy just doesn't do it for me (btw I have handled the black scotch grain that C&J uses on Onslow and Grasmere and I don't like it either so perhaps I have a double negative bias here). Having said all that they have a nice distinct silhouette and look good on you.
Well, alea iacta est. Kind of. Placed the special order today and have six months to decide whether or not to keep the Conistons as long as they're not worn outside!
The key for me is whether or not the navy leather will fade or darken over time, and obviously taking what steps I can to push them in the former direction. If I keep them, of course...
As for the special order, well it's not actually that special but it's exactly what I wanted - a veldtschoen boot in rough-out to replace the storm-welted Arrans I already have. A proper field boot as opposed to a 'walk in the country' boot, and one that will look the dog's bollocks with denim. I've asked the shop to enquire of the factory to see if they can produce a pattern with a full bellows tongue, as opposed to the half bellows the Snowdon pattern has as standard.
Being on the Snowdon pattern and not the Arran means that it'll be unlined, which is fine. Should be with me by the end of November...
Last comparison. Left to right. Marlow PTB last? Marlow Wingtip 325, C&J for BB boot 240, C&J Ashdown 341. 325 is straight lasted and very roomy in the toes. 240 is straight lasted as well but with a much more narrower toe box. 341 is curved lasted and narrow, good fit for my low volume thin feet. image.jpg 1268k .jpg file
Edited by BeSpiffington - 9/28/13 at 6:36pm
Chipshot, thanks for posting the pics of what I would consider a proper wardrobe of mens everyday footwear. I've got basically the same line-up except that my boots and my other PTB are Alden's. I think all one would need is a shoe in basic black to round out the rotation. For a black dress shoe I prefer calfskin over shell cordovan on a single leather sole. To me black calfskin compliments, and looks better, when worn with a quality wool suit (super 130's or above), and when wearing cashmeres and silks, as would be the case when the occasion requires formal dress. To me the shine one can get on calfskin looks softer and less glaring than shell. What do you think of a whoke-cut four eyelet shoe like the C&J Alex for basic black shoe, too dressy? Of the four C&J cordovan shoes you posted which do you wear most often?
I wear my black shell LHS quite a bit. In fact .. I'd like to see a shell penny forum added as I do wear a ton of loafers in the summer.
No, I did not bring it up to the CJ boutique. I did mention her shoes came missing the extra set of different shoe laces when I went in for some CJ trees & wax today... But it is ok. She loves them. And she saw the new Zena Navy boots they have in their new catalog...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This being my first post on these forums I feel I must apologise that I did not manage to get through reading this whole thread so please forgive me if this question has already been covered.
I am on the verge of purchasing my first pair of C&J shoes, but I have a slight predicament in that I live in New Zealand and there is a noted lack of quality shoes here. I'm happy enough to order the C&Js online, but I am concerned about getting the right fit. I managed to find a local store that stocks Barker shoes and the 'Arnold' (69 last) fit me perfectly in size 9.5 G. I was hoping to buy the C&J 'Radstock' in black on the 341 last - do you think they would also fit as well in 9.5 G? Is the instep and arch comparable? I know this is a longshot and thanks in advance for any feedback.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ||वशीकरण मीनिंग|| +91-8875513486 VashIkARAn MaNTrA In TeLuGU In... 3 seconds ago
- › ||वशीकरण मीनिंग|| +91-8875513486 VashIkARAn MaNTrA In TeLuGU In... 10 seconds ago
- › !!~!!7073347120 islamic vashikaran mantra In Chennai 18 seconds ago
- › ||वशीकरण मीनिंग|| +91-8875513486 VashIkARAn MaNTrA In TeLuGU In... 22 seconds ago
- › Mohini Vashikaran Specialist Aghroi Baba Ji +91-9680462195 32 seconds ago
- › Love Baba Mohini Vashikaran Specialist +91-9680462195 39 seconds ago
- › free tantrik in Akola Maharashtra +91-8239910405 50 seconds ago
- › !!~!!7073347120 vashikaran mantra hindi In Chennai 1 minute ago
- › !!~!!7073347120 vashikaran mantra by photo In Chennai 1 minute ago
- › free tantrik in Akola Maharashtra +91-8239910405 1 minute ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan