or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 320

post #4786 of 8470
Chipshot is in for the whiskey loafer. Who else?
post #4787 of 8470

Y'all are going to need a separate MTO thread at this rate!

 

But in the meantime, if anyone is interested in getting a proper decent winter boot in the form of a Ridgeway-soled, shearling-lined Snowdon in rough-out and tobacco suede then drop me a line and I'll pick this up in private...

post #4788 of 8470
would be very interested in whiskey harlech.
post #4789 of 8470
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiredandTired View Post

would be very interested in whiskey harlech.
+1 on a whiskey cordovan Harlech on double leather. Are there any preferences amongst the faithful for a pull strap or not?
post #4790 of 8470
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

+1 on a whiskey cordovan Harlech on double leather. Are there any preferences amongst the faithful for a pull strap or not?

I'm thinking yes to pull strap and yes to speed hooks although I don't hugely care either way. I think a straight up Harlech (in whiskey) might be nice.
post #4791 of 8470
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

I'm thinking yes to pull strap and yes to speed hooks although I don't hugely care either way. I think a straight up Harlech (in whiskey) might be nice.
hoit, I've been following the evolution of your thinking about the proposed make-up for this boot and I like where your going. I think a double leather sole just makes the lines of the boot look classier to me. A pull strap with speed hooks means easier on and off since in all likelihood it would be a boot I'd want to wear a lot. Does any of this make sense?
post #4792 of 8470
I think I do spiff. I was originally thinking of something classic with the ability of being practical over the winter months (hence the Ridgeway). I am now rethinking things slightly - especially if whiskey is indeed available... I'm waiting to hear back on that.
Edited by hoit1981 - 9/20/13 at 10:40am
post #4793 of 8470
RL Marlow PTB cashmere otc and Bill's khakis. It's definitely raining spit today here in MPLS. OMG, water spots on my shell cordovan. Am I worried? No. Are my feet dry? Yes. Will the water spots brush out? Absolutely. No worries.
post #4794 of 8470
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

RL Marlow PTB cashmere otc and Bill's khakis. It's definitely raining spit today here in MPLS. OMG, water spots on my shell cordovan. Am I worried? No. Are my feet dry? Yes. Will the water spots brush out? Absolutely. No worries.
That's right Spiff .. People here baby cordovan too much.. Love that shoe.. Ft for me TTs is just spot on..
post #4795 of 8470
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

That's right Spiff .. People here baby cordovan too much.. Love that shoe.. Ft for me TTs is just spot on..
Thank you very much chipshot. I just got home and performed a little Mac love on mine, and they look even better than when I put them on this morning. Go figure.
post #4796 of 8470
Cross Post from BB Thread:

Beautiful Peal & Co. C&Js i picked up today, the chestnut is fantastic, and i could have sworn the 341 last was more conservative than this but i am pleasantly surprised:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Now i need some Saphir mahogany polish and cream, which i am guessing is the closest match...
post #4797 of 8470
They look wonderful, Jubei, great buy, I guess your black cap toe have to wait further
post #4798 of 8470
Jubei will you mainly be wearing those oxfords with suits?
post #4799 of 8470
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

They look wonderful, Jubei, great buy, I guess your black cap toe have to wait further

I might delay the black captoe a bit, i have too many black shoes for Florida at the moment smile.gif

Hopefully i can contact C&J with some reference on fit now, so that they can give me an accurate conversion. I still want to pick up that dark brown Radstock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Jubei will you mainly be wearing those oxfords with suits?

I haven't thought that far yet, more than likely with an odd jacket and trousers. Sacrilege, i know, but i don't actually get to wear suits very often here in Florida... shog[1].gif
post #4800 of 8470
Fwiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Cross Post from BB Thread:

Beautiful Peal & Co. C&Js i picked up today, the chestnut is fantastic, and i could have sworn the 341 last was more conservative than this but i am pleasantly surprised:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Now i need some Saphir mahogany polish and cream, which i am guessing is the closest match...

Fwiw I have mahogany cream with C&J chestnut. It looks like the closest color but always came out too orange for me. I've been alternating Hermes rouge and dark brown (with a bit of black on the toes) and have been quite pleased.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **