So C&J will do an MTO with a minimum order if we contact them directly? Or are you referring to a specific vendor?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 9:57 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 310post #4636 of 100779/11/13 at 4:51pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4637 of 100779/11/13 at 5:27pmpost #4638 of 100779/12/13 at 7:25amQuote:
I came close to putting in a special order last year fora variation on a Snowdon boot.
The price quoted was £675, bearing in mind this was relative to last season's prices.
I placed the order, paid, and then word came back from the factory that there was an additional charge of fifty quid for veldtschoen construction. This put the cost within reach of a pair of Galways, so I cancelled the order and headed down to Jermyn Street and bought a pair...
Love C&J but they angled themselves out of a sale on that day.post #4639 of 100779/12/13 at 7:49ampost #4640 of 100779/12/13 at 8:31amMaybe this info has already been posted, but I was inquiring about a few of the models that C&J makes for Shipton & Heneage. S&H was kind enough to confirm they were C&J and share the last #s so I thought I'd pass the info on.
From their email:
"The lasts are as follows:-
I don't see 240 or 297 listed on C&Js site so they must be older lasts I suppose. The Fitzroy is on the 236 so I'm guessing Fitzroy = Connaught? The toe shape looks different on S&Hs site, I wouldn't have thought that was 236.
If you filter by Construction: Goodyear and Price: Descending I think that most (if not all) of the $385 shoes are C&J. The leather soled shoes definitely look like C&J and any of the shoes where you can see any of the inside printing it looks like C&J.
Does anyone know if these are made to benchgrade standards? If so they seem like a steal for $385! If not, what is less about the quality? The leather quality of the uppers? Other construction? The soles look the same to me. Anyone familiar with the 240 or 297 lasts?post #4641 of 100779/12/13 at 8:37ampost #4642 of 100779/12/13 at 8:45amI'm thinking about pulling the trigger on these Winchesters:
Any reason not to? $385 for C&J seems like a really good deal. If anyone has had a negative experience with Shiptons C&Js I'd love to hear.post #4643 of 100779/12/13 at 9:08ampost #4644 of 100779/12/13 at 9:21am
I ordered a pair of C&J Tetburys from the Edwards of Manchester sale on Sunday, they shipped on Monday, and DHL attempted deliver on Wednesday. When I ordered, they had black calf and dark brown suede, each in a range of sizes. Unless you want brown calfskin, you may want to cancel your order and order from EoM (check the thread in Menswear). At just over 400 USD, shipped, the price wasn't bad and I'll have them in about 4 days.post #4645 of 100779/12/13 at 9:23amQuote:
That was my initial reaction too, but those sure look like benchgrade soles. I currently have 9 pairs of C&Js so I might take a shot at those and see how they compare. If the uppers seems significantly below my other benchgrade calf shoes (Hallam, Westbourne, Lowndes) when they arrive I suppose I can always return them.
At that price they seem like a pretty good deal as long as they are superior to AE.post #4646 of 100779/12/13 at 9:45amQuote:Originally Posted by thinman
I ordered a pair of C&J Tetburys from the Edwards of Manchester sale on Sunday, they shipped on Monday, and DHL attempted deliver on Wednesday. When I ordered, they had black calf and dark brown suede, each in a range of sizes. Unless you want brown calfskin, you may want to cancel your order and order from EoM (check the thread in Menswear). At just over 400 USD, shipped, the price wasn't bad and I'll have them in about 4 days.
Actually placed my order through EoM but they were out of my size. They're still honoring the sale price though.
Skyfall has been huge for C&J. The NYC store told me that the Tets are constantly selling out. And credit to DC for not using Edward Green; I prefer to keep my shoe purchases at under $1k'post #4647 of 100779/12/13 at 9:55ampost #4648 of 100779/12/13 at 4:07pmsevenfoldtieguy: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.%C2%AE-Double-Monk-Straps/MH00194,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00194_Color=BRWN&contentpos=13&cgid=0522
Can anyone confirm the maker of these? If one of you has them, do they fit TTS? Thanks.
These are indeed C&J on the 341 last. Got them today via fedex. Nice shoe, nice last, great fit. Unfortunately, the suede is a much darker brown that that which is pictured. Will be returning them.post #4649 of 100779/12/13 at 4:09pmpost #4650 of 100779/13/13 at 1:53amQuote:
Hi othertravel, we do offer group MTO buys but it has to be organised through one of our shops.
What tends to happen is that one of our staff is asked repeatedly for a style in a colour way that we do not run or for a style that was discontinued a few years back. When the member of our retail team has 6-12 like-minded customers, asking for say Coniston in black grain, they phone them all back asking if they are still interested. If yes, they are able to place a single line of MTO orders (all the same spec, different sizes) and send to the factory.
The reason it is only offered through our shops is that you must pay for your shoes in advance and it tends to only work if you have had C&J's before or are able to go in for a fitting. The advantage being, that you pay retail and not special order pricing.
If you are interested in this, we would recommend contacting one of our shops, registering interest in your collective chosen style, once enough people have registered interest, the member of staff will be able to phone customers back to take payment thus enabling them to place an MTO order!
Crockett & Jones Online
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Anyone still wear. 3 button sportscoats? 19 seconds ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › What low-quality clothing brands do you like anyway? 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 18 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 21 minutes ago
- › Jack Spade Messenger Bag - Navy Blue Canvas 23 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 23 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 23 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 34 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth