Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Old Fashioned Bump!!! Consolidated Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on Yesterday at 8:50 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Yesterday at 10:30 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- FINAL DROP-EG and AS shoes Great condition shoes! 10.5-11.5 US EG, C&J, AS. Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop: Crockett and Jones Northcote size 11DUS Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 292
Styleforum Top Picks
Pics are appalling, sorry. My camera is packed away somewhere whilst renovating the house so relied on my mobile and poor lighting, hah!
Hopefully you've got a vague idea now though. Not sure I'd wear them often with denim if they were more polished (prefer the Islay or Snowdon for denim anyway) but I think they work nicely with chinos and a shirt for a business casual environment. Tattoos are optional.
Thanks it helps alot. When wearing them, you mostly dress them up right?
I do have a follow up question. Was their a lot of difference breaking in your Selbourne's as opposed to your Hallam's?
Before I buy my new pair of C&J I have to be sure about size. I bought my Edgware UK8 (true to size) and I have worn them 7-8 days by now. I don't have any fit-problems around the toes. They hurted a little bit at first but now I'm very comfortable in that zone.
At the heel they are not perfectly comfortable yet. I still expierence some heel slip, although it's not a big problem and it doesn't give me blisters. When I'm standing and move my foot as far upfront as I can there is just a little bit of room at the heel, I barely can squeeze a finger between the heel counter and the heel, so normally that fit should be perfect as well. Yet, when I'm wearing the shoes I have the impression that there is a lot of room there (heel slip).
I've read on the internet that the Edgware's are not easy to break in, probably as a result of the stiff leather that is used for these shoes. Would this indeed be the problem? Do you think the shoes are not completely broken in after 7-8 days? Maybe I have to size down (a half a size) on my next C&J? I have to size that when I walk in them the leather still makes that typical sound of stiff leather.
Here is a picture of my shoes. I think the creases are normal and don't give the impression that my shoes are too big nor too small..?
I'll write a little follow-up for those who are interested. Today I went to the Brussels C&J to buy a new pair of shoes, a half-size smaller then my Edgware's to avoid the heel-slippage on my Edgware's. I explained my problem to the store manager who took a good look at my feet and she was of the opinion that the heel slippage is caused by my rather small heels. She said I have strange feet; normal-broad at the toes and very small at the heels. She said I shouldn't size down as she expects it would cause problems at the toes (she was rather surprised I didn't have toe-issues with the current UK8 size) and it would probably not solve the heel problem. After that she felt at the shoes and said that that the heel counter is still very stiff. She expects that I will be fine in a month or so if I keep wearing them, softening the leather. She also advised to wait until then to buy a second pair of shoes.
She also said that C&J shoes should be rather comfortable immediately after purchase (somebody said the same thing here in reaction on my previous post) but that it is normal that the break-in period is much longer for somebody with very small heels.
I was very happy with her service and help. I'll be patient and wear them another month and half and reevaluate after that (I'll write another follow-up post too). Thanks for all of your kind comments and help!
For those who have both the Crockett & Jones Unlined Harvard Cordovan Penny and the Alden LHS Unlined Cordovan Penny. Do you use the Alden Van equivalent UK size on the Harvard? UK8E Harvard, US9D Alden. Thanks! I'd like to order the correct size coming out of the gate this time....
I have the harvard in dark brown shell...I am a US9D TTS....I took a UK8.5 and it was just dandy.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 2014 50 Book Challenge 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 14 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 16 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 23 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 24 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)