Normaly Im a UK 7 but I take a 6.5 for C&J shoes (well at least whatever last the Cliford and Waymouth are on.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 7:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Crockett & Jones - Wingtips & Ankle Boots w/ Trees - 10.5 Last post on 1/10/15 at 8:01am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 7:31 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 272
Styleforum Top Picks
I believe a C&J G width would be a BB Peal & Co. F width ( or EE width). Some C&J models have H width (EEE WIDTH).
I too struggled with the Peal Co. Shoes, specifically the perf. Captoe. The US 11E was a little too narrow, so I will have to go with a UK G width.
The same question arises for me, are C&Js a full size smaller from US to UK, or only half a size smaller? I believe the SA from the NY store mentioned it would be a full size difference, but I would appreciate more input as well.
The Islay fits TTS on my foot. If your in doubt I recommend purchasing your pair from someone who accepts returns.
There are plenty of less expensive boots out there, and I can't compare them to the Grenson because I don't own any Grensons. You can find plenty of boots out there for alot less that would probably work just fine. But I own a couple of other pairs of C&J shoes and I believe it is worth the little extra I pay for them.
Sure these are great boots and I have no qualms about wearing them out in the rain. Dainite soles may not be the best to wear on ice however.
Edited by dddrees - 6/6/13 at 4:15am
The Tetbury can be purchased in nubuck or suedel. Not sure where you can get it but if you check out the Crockett and Jones website it is definitely an option.
Edited by dddrees - 6/6/13 at 7:16am
The manager told me that hand grades will sell for the price of bench grades.
They also ship internationally from the store.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- › CCP Derbys (7) 7 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 56 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 6 minutes ago
- › 3.1 Phillip Lim Braided Leather Sleeves Black Biker Jacket 8 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays