Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:53 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 5/20/15 at 6:37am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 5/13/15 at 9:04pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 267
Styleforum Top Picks
Use whatever colour you want, it doesn't really matter...I'd probably not use wax polish on the Northcote though if I had it, as you'll often just see it smear pretty quickly when used on waxy leather.
You don't need wax. You can get special cream made specifically for waxed leather. Try some Dasco Waxed Leather Cream which is available from Pediware in the UK. I use it on my C&J Northcote boots and my Hallam waxed leather shoes. Perfect. Waxed leather shoes are not meant to have a brilliant shine to them. So don't waste your time trying.
Edited by Logun788 - 5/6/13 at 5:48am
A small write up on the Goodyear Welted process we use to construct our shoes:
Coming soon - How to care for different types of leathers.
All the best,
Crockett & Jones
It is indeed a very nice last. I wasn't too sure before i purchased them. There are no C&J vendors near my neighbourhood where i could have tried them on first - so purchased them and hoped for the best. I am delighted with the last though. Its not as narrow or long as the 348/358 lasts. Its more like the 341 last, but with a slightly more rounded toe. Very comfortable.
The final instalment of our "Voice of Workmanship" News has just been put on the website:
Have a great weekend.
Crockett & Jones
Any suggestions on what C&J lasts fit wide feet well? My size is 7.5G. I'm looking for shoes for businesswear (I work in finance in NYC), so I'd want preferably black calf or a really dark brown. Also, I have a pretty decent instep. My office isn't far from the boutique on W 56th St, but I'd like to have an idea of what to look at before I go in case the sales associates are clueless.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Black Jacket and White Pants 6 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 7 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 7 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 15 minutes ago
- › The Official BLUE BLUE JAPAN thread - all things indigo, many... 18 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan