Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 8/31/14 at 11:06pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 12:29 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- FINAL DROP-EG and AS shoes Great condition shoes! 10.5-11.5 US EG, C&J, AS. Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop: Crockett and Jones Northcote size 11DUS Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 267
Styleforum Top Picks
Use whatever colour you want, it doesn't really matter...I'd probably not use wax polish on the Northcote though if I had it, as you'll often just see it smear pretty quickly when used on waxy leather.
You don't need wax. You can get special cream made specifically for waxed leather. Try some Dasco Waxed Leather Cream which is available from Pediware in the UK. I use it on my C&J Northcote boots and my Hallam waxed leather shoes. Perfect. Waxed leather shoes are not meant to have a brilliant shine to them. So don't waste your time trying.
Edited by Logun788 - 5/6/13 at 5:48am
A small write up on the Goodyear Welted process we use to construct our shoes:
Coming soon - How to care for different types of leathers.
All the best,
Crockett & Jones
It is indeed a very nice last. I wasn't too sure before i purchased them. There are no C&J vendors near my neighbourhood where i could have tried them on first - so purchased them and hoped for the best. I am delighted with the last though. Its not as narrow or long as the 348/358 lasts. Its more like the 341 last, but with a slightly more rounded toe. Very comfortable.
The final instalment of our "Voice of Workmanship" News has just been put on the website:
Have a great weekend.
Crockett & Jones
Any suggestions on what C&J lasts fit wide feet well? My size is 7.5G. I'm looking for shoes for businesswear (I work in finance in NYC), so I'd want preferably black calf or a really dark brown. Also, I have a pretty decent instep. My office isn't far from the boutique on W 56th St, but I'd like to have an idea of what to look at before I go in case the sales associates are clueless.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Pictures from a few days in Naples (Updated... Solito, Formosa,... 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › G & G and EG shoes on sale at Edwards of Manchester 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cigars 7 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)