Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 10:18 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- FINAL DROP-EG and AS shoes Great condition shoes! 10.5-11.5 US EG, C&J, AS. Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop: Crockett and Jones Northcote size 11DUS Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ID these Peal and Co. Boots -- Alden or AE? Last post on 10/26/12 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 267
Styleforum Top Picks
Use whatever colour you want, it doesn't really matter...I'd probably not use wax polish on the Northcote though if I had it, as you'll often just see it smear pretty quickly when used on waxy leather.
You don't need wax. You can get special cream made specifically for waxed leather. Try some Dasco Waxed Leather Cream which is available from Pediware in the UK. I use it on my C&J Northcote boots and my Hallam waxed leather shoes. Perfect. Waxed leather shoes are not meant to have a brilliant shine to them. So don't waste your time trying.
Edited by Logun788 - 5/6/13 at 5:48am
A small write up on the Goodyear Welted process we use to construct our shoes:
Coming soon - How to care for different types of leathers.
All the best,
Crockett & Jones
It is indeed a very nice last. I wasn't too sure before i purchased them. There are no C&J vendors near my neighbourhood where i could have tried them on first - so purchased them and hoped for the best. I am delighted with the last though. Its not as narrow or long as the 348/358 lasts. Its more like the 341 last, but with a slightly more rounded toe. Very comfortable.
The final instalment of our "Voice of Workmanship" News has just been put on the website:
Have a great weekend.
Crockett & Jones
Any suggestions on what C&J lasts fit wide feet well? My size is 7.5G. I'm looking for shoes for businesswear (I work in finance in NYC), so I'd want preferably black calf or a really dark brown. Also, I have a pretty decent instep. My office isn't far from the boutique on W 56th St, but I'd like to have an idea of what to look at before I go in case the sales associates are clueless.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 9 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 20 minutes ago
- › Carson Street Clothiers - Official Affiliate Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 25 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 27 minutes ago
- › How to use custom lapel pins 28 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 36 minutes ago
- › Experiencing technical difficulties or have questions about... 43 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)