Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 6:02 am in Streetwear and Denim
- FINAL DROP-EG and AS shoes Great condition shoes! 10.5-11.5 US EG, C&J, AS. Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop: Crockett and Jones Northcote size 11DUS Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ID these Peal and Co. Boots -- Alden or AE? Last post on 10/26/12 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 251
Styleforum Top Picks
I don't think you should worry to much, after a few wears and polishes it will be gone. BTW a very underrated C&J model and definitely my all time greatest C&J piece. You will LOVE them! :)
Thanks but I don't own a pair, I'm looking to buy one. I need help with sizing.
I'm new to this forum and to C&J shoes. I was looking for help with sizing because I have a hard foot to measure. I wear a size 8.5 US in a regular shoe but a 7.5 US in a dress shoe. Currently I am wearing Ferragamo in a standard D width although the sides are protruding out. On soft leather it's fine but not the stiff ones, they kill my feet. So I'm interested in getting a chukka style C&J and I realized there are different lasts involved. I'm not sure if they will make a difference because of my wide feet. Put it this way, I had to get a custom hockey skate made because of wide feet. I'm not looking to get a bespoke shoe (cost) but I want to see if I am able to fit in a standard size that C&J has to offer. I tried to talk to the NY store and each time they brushed me off and referred me to the website so I wanted to see if the experts here can help me out.
Wow - I'm quite surprised that the actual store would brush you off, coming from the UK I thought that service was supposed to be super good over here in NY. I was going to suggest to go in store and try some on - to be honest that's the best and only way to know your sizing as people can have differing opinions on comfort/fit.
I found it overwhelming at first with trying to learn about the different fits and last types especially on the web although this is super helpful tool with getting up to speed on what's available.
FWIW I wear a size UK7 in other UK brands but in C&J (last 348) I wear a UK6.5E - the UK7 in comparison are way too big in the vamp area.
This was what I had derived from initial Styleforum searches but nothing really compares with trying a pair on.
Stand your ground - hit the C&J store and get trying!Don't let them bully or pressure you, go in there and show your interest. Probably best not to mention if you intend buying elsewhere
I feel like visiting the store now to see how they react as that doesn't sound like the service I'd expect from them! Incidently I accidently walked passed the shop a few nights ago and saw some really nice models in there that must be US specific but unfortunately it was closed and the wife was with me. No matter what other shoes I have that I'm happy with there's something very appealing about C&J in their finishing/design/finesse!
Another visit there perhaps during opening hours minus the wife?
I agree you should go back and try the shoes on. It is mind-boggling that a sales associate would refer you to the website regarding fit when they have actual shoes to try on in the store.
I had to call the C& J store in NY for a size recommendation for a pair of Selbournes that I ordered online(Bodileys) and they responded kindly. I am taking a trip to NY next month and plan on stopping by the C&J store to try the shoes on regardless. The shoes won't get shipped out until July so i can change the size of my order before then if I have to. I wear a 9D US in Ferragamos and both C&J and Bodiley's recommnended me to purchase a size 8.
BTW, Barneys Warehouse has a black Weymouth in US9 UK8 right now for only $369.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Robert Geller FW11 Moleskin Waistcoat 8 minutes ago
- › Best Dressed Statesman 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)