Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:57 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 6/16/15 at 11:43am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/1/15 at 7:30am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 8:45 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Yesterday at 6:34 am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 251
Styleforum Top Picks
I don't think you should worry to much, after a few wears and polishes it will be gone. BTW a very underrated C&J model and definitely my all time greatest C&J piece. You will LOVE them! :)
Thanks but I don't own a pair, I'm looking to buy one. I need help with sizing.
I'm new to this forum and to C&J shoes. I was looking for help with sizing because I have a hard foot to measure. I wear a size 8.5 US in a regular shoe but a 7.5 US in a dress shoe. Currently I am wearing Ferragamo in a standard D width although the sides are protruding out. On soft leather it's fine but not the stiff ones, they kill my feet. So I'm interested in getting a chukka style C&J and I realized there are different lasts involved. I'm not sure if they will make a difference because of my wide feet. Put it this way, I had to get a custom hockey skate made because of wide feet. I'm not looking to get a bespoke shoe (cost) but I want to see if I am able to fit in a standard size that C&J has to offer. I tried to talk to the NY store and each time they brushed me off and referred me to the website so I wanted to see if the experts here can help me out.
Wow - I'm quite surprised that the actual store would brush you off, coming from the UK I thought that service was supposed to be super good over here in NY. I was going to suggest to go in store and try some on - to be honest that's the best and only way to know your sizing as people can have differing opinions on comfort/fit.
I found it overwhelming at first with trying to learn about the different fits and last types especially on the web although this is super helpful tool with getting up to speed on what's available.
FWIW I wear a size UK7 in other UK brands but in C&J (last 348) I wear a UK6.5E - the UK7 in comparison are way too big in the vamp area.
This was what I had derived from initial Styleforum searches but nothing really compares with trying a pair on.
Stand your ground - hit the C&J store and get trying!Don't let them bully or pressure you, go in there and show your interest. Probably best not to mention if you intend buying elsewhere
I feel like visiting the store now to see how they react as that doesn't sound like the service I'd expect from them! Incidently I accidently walked passed the shop a few nights ago and saw some really nice models in there that must be US specific but unfortunately it was closed and the wife was with me. No matter what other shoes I have that I'm happy with there's something very appealing about C&J in their finishing/design/finesse!
Another visit there perhaps during opening hours minus the wife?
I agree you should go back and try the shoes on. It is mind-boggling that a sales associate would refer you to the website regarding fit when they have actual shoes to try on in the store.
I had to call the C& J store in NY for a size recommendation for a pair of Selbournes that I ordered online(Bodileys) and they responded kindly. I am taking a trip to NY next month and plan on stopping by the C&J store to try the shoes on regardless. The shoes won't get shipped out until July so i can change the size of my order before then if I have to. I wear a 9D US in Ferragamos and both C&J and Bodiley's recommnended me to purchase a size 8.
BTW, Barneys Warehouse has a black Weymouth in US9 UK8 right now for only $369.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Whiskey Shell C&J Skye 2 boots in 11 UK 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 9 minutes ago
- › Contemporary Opulence and Risk Taking: Versace Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers 10 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...