Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- Crockett & Jones - Wingtips & Ankle Boots w/ Trees - 10.5 Last post on 1/10/15 at 8:01am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 11:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 251
Styleforum Top Picks
I don't think you should worry to much, after a few wears and polishes it will be gone. BTW a very underrated C&J model and definitely my all time greatest C&J piece. You will LOVE them! :)
Thanks but I don't own a pair, I'm looking to buy one. I need help with sizing.
I'm new to this forum and to C&J shoes. I was looking for help with sizing because I have a hard foot to measure. I wear a size 8.5 US in a regular shoe but a 7.5 US in a dress shoe. Currently I am wearing Ferragamo in a standard D width although the sides are protruding out. On soft leather it's fine but not the stiff ones, they kill my feet. So I'm interested in getting a chukka style C&J and I realized there are different lasts involved. I'm not sure if they will make a difference because of my wide feet. Put it this way, I had to get a custom hockey skate made because of wide feet. I'm not looking to get a bespoke shoe (cost) but I want to see if I am able to fit in a standard size that C&J has to offer. I tried to talk to the NY store and each time they brushed me off and referred me to the website so I wanted to see if the experts here can help me out.
Wow - I'm quite surprised that the actual store would brush you off, coming from the UK I thought that service was supposed to be super good over here in NY. I was going to suggest to go in store and try some on - to be honest that's the best and only way to know your sizing as people can have differing opinions on comfort/fit.
I found it overwhelming at first with trying to learn about the different fits and last types especially on the web although this is super helpful tool with getting up to speed on what's available.
FWIW I wear a size UK7 in other UK brands but in C&J (last 348) I wear a UK6.5E - the UK7 in comparison are way too big in the vamp area.
This was what I had derived from initial Styleforum searches but nothing really compares with trying a pair on.
Stand your ground - hit the C&J store and get trying!Don't let them bully or pressure you, go in there and show your interest. Probably best not to mention if you intend buying elsewhere
I feel like visiting the store now to see how they react as that doesn't sound like the service I'd expect from them! Incidently I accidently walked passed the shop a few nights ago and saw some really nice models in there that must be US specific but unfortunately it was closed and the wife was with me. No matter what other shoes I have that I'm happy with there's something very appealing about C&J in their finishing/design/finesse!
Another visit there perhaps during opening hours minus the wife?
I agree you should go back and try the shoes on. It is mind-boggling that a sales associate would refer you to the website regarding fit when they have actual shoes to try on in the store.
I had to call the C& J store in NY for a size recommendation for a pair of Selbournes that I ordered online(Bodileys) and they responded kindly. I am taking a trip to NY next month and plan on stopping by the C&J store to try the shoes on regardless. The shoes won't get shipped out until July so i can change the size of my order before then if I have to. I wear a 9D US in Ferragamos and both C&J and Bodiley's recommnended me to purchase a size 8.
BTW, Barneys Warehouse has a black Weymouth in US9 UK8 right now for only $369.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Uniqlo Thread 45 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 3 minutes ago
- › Tuxedo Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in EG 4 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Carson Street Clothiers - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays