I've been told that it costs 60 pounds to change the leather sole of C&J shoes with dainite. Does it mean that I may wear the shoes till they need resoling and then ask C&J to chage the sole to a dainite one for this price? Or is this applicable to new shoes only? I have hallams and some 358s on leather and wanted to try to wear them as is but not sure if it is reasonable in our conditions. But if the future dainite resoling is an option I can try at least .
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FINAL DROP-EG and AS shoes Great condition shoes! 10.5-11.5 US EG, C&J, AS. Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop: Crockett and Jones Northcote size 11DUS Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ID these Peal and Co. Boots -- Alden or AE? Last post on 10/26/12 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear
- Guide to shoe lasts / where to buy narrow fitted shoes? Last post on 10/23/12 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
- C&J- dark brown Audley or chestnut Belgrave? Last post on 9/11/12 at 4:26pm in Classic Menswear
5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for different occasion
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 247
Styleforum Top Picks
I would give you the same advice here I gave you in your other thread:
I would advise you to take your time and make sure your making your money count. Start with the basics and make sure your covered. Don't limit yourself to one brand but make sure they are quality brands with a good value for your money. Crocket and Jones in my mind is a good value but there are others as well. Make sure you budget shoe care supplies such as the recomended cleaner\conditioner, brushes, cream, wax, and shoe trees. Make your investment count and do your research well in advance of any purchase.
Suede in my opinion wouldn't be a good second shoe.
Checkout threads like the follwoing:
Dddrees is spot on - Go for calf leather as your first calf...Suede can be high maintenaince
C&J's is a great call for your maiden voyage into quality, well made shoes on a selection of
sleek and stunning last.
Now from what I understand the Westbourne that your poseted are Chestnut "Burnished Calf". The Selbournes are Chestnut "Antique Calf".
Idoes someone have pics showing the difference in color between Chestnut Burnished and Antique? From what C&J told me...the Antique is darker than the Burnished
I've always thought the Edgware to be a really beautiful shoe, but the version made for Grafford in
Burgundy cordovan is just incredible
sharing this for the non-swedes...
I've taken on board on your advice and will most likely go with a dark brown calf leather first. But now to choose which one....audley or lonsdale in the dark brown antique calf???
Or even chestnut belgraves ???
Hello gentleman -
First time poster on the thread. After browsing thru all the fantastic pictures of the islay boot on the thread, now I really want one!
I have looked into pediwear and bodileys and was wondering if the thrifty shoppers here knew of any other options that are cheaper?
I also have a friend in London at the moment and that could be an option. Any suggestions on that route (which stores etc) would be welcomed.
Absolutely not. Yes, they're remarkably similar and certainly overlap stylistically (as long as your pant leg is hiding your boot's calf as it should) but I use both regularly and for different reasons.
That said, I don't think the average observer notes the difference. Some probably think I'm wearing the same shoe until I cross my legs.
Whichever you're missing, get 'em. Then revisit the RL thread in 2 years to see how much more they cost and thank yourself for being smart enough now to pull the trigger.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- › GMTO: Galway in zug grain with shearling lining 15 seconds ago
- › 50x Tom Ford suit megathread: size 48, 50, 52, 54, 56 and 58 59 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Isaia 3-Piece Suit-50 Reg (EU) Drop 9 4 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Iron Heart 301S Slim sz32 7 minutes ago
- › No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw