I've been told that it costs 60 pounds to change the leather sole of C&J shoes with dainite. Does it mean that I may wear the shoes till they need resoling and then ask C&J to chage the sole to a dainite one for this price? Or is this applicable to new shoes only? I have hallams and some 358s on leather and wanted to try to wear them as is but not sure if it is reasonable in our conditions. But if the future dainite resoling is an option I can try at least .
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:41 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 8/30/15 at 8:11am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 247
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3692 of 99983/21/13 at 3:49ampost #3693 of 99983/21/13 at 3:49ampost #3694 of 99983/21/13 at 4:19amQuote:Originally Posted by dddrees
I would give you the same advice here I gave you in your other thread:
I would advise you to take your time and make sure your making your money count. Start with the basics and make sure your covered. Don't limit yourself to one brand but make sure they are quality brands with a good value for your money. Crocket and Jones in my mind is a good value but there are others as well. Make sure you budget shoe care supplies such as the recomended cleaner\conditioner, brushes, cream, wax, and shoe trees. Make your investment count and do your research well in advance of any purchase.
Suede in my opinion wouldn't be a good second shoe.
Checkout threads like the follwoing:
Dddrees is spot on - Go for calf leather as your first calf...Suede can be high maintenaince
C&J's is a great call for your maiden voyage into quality, well made shoes on a selection of
sleek and stunning last.post #3695 of 99983/21/13 at 4:47amQuote:
Now from what I understand the Westbourne that your poseted are Chestnut "Burnished Calf". The Selbournes are Chestnut "Antique Calf".
Idoes someone have pics showing the difference in color between Chestnut Burnished and Antique? From what C&J told me...the Antique is darker than the Burnishedpost #3696 of 99983/21/13 at 5:34ampost #3697 of 99983/21/13 at 11:45am
I've always thought the Edgware to be a really beautiful shoe, but the version made for Grafford in
Burgundy cordovan is just incredible
sharing this for the non-swedes...post #3698 of 99983/21/13 at 12:12pmpost #3699 of 99983/21/13 at 1:04pmpost #3700 of 99983/21/13 at 10:49pmGood morning!Here I reflected to buy couple of good kroketovsky footwear for the spring-summer. But because of impossibility to measure to have to guess. I have a footwear from C&J and from Trickers. All couples can be carried and even it is necessary, but the ideal and isn't present. And it would be desirable. Maybe who will prompt. Especially a problem that if even there was an opportunity to measure most, questions would be not less. As it is frequent when I measure it seems everything well, and you will wear, and not comfortable footwear.Total: (all width E)C&J:341 oxford on Dainite at a rate of 7 - a heel and completeness as slippers, but fingers in a bunch also draw in around a little finger. Not in front and not sideways, and as though on a bevel. I wore in long, but all the same, around a bevel of a little finger draws in.I.e. most likely doesn't suffice are long and they rest against strongly being narrowed sock of footwear.341 oxford at a rate of 7.5 - sit normally, but the heel dangles. I.e. rather everything doesn't dangle that absolutely, but fidgets. And it is very easy. The little finger on a bevel all the same is slightly felt.341 derby at a rate of 7.5 - as well as oxford at a rate of 7.5 but if to put on a thick sock.337 oxford at a rate of 7 in general as poured in, but completeness around a heel and the foot middle slightly with a stock. Thus the little finger all the same draws in in front and sideways. Not so strongly as in 341 at a rate of 7.348 boots at a rate of 7.5 even on a thick sock dangle in a heel (decently), are free in the middle. And in a sock the most comfortable of all footwear. It seems, would take on the half-size less, almost for certain. But somehow doesn't fit in. Because 341 at a rate of 7 it is obviously small, 337 at a rate of 7 it is it seems good. According to the logic of 348 at a rate of 7 haven't to fit. Probably, but why then 348 at a rate of 7.5 so it is more. And even in comparison with derby on Dainite in the same size in a block 341?I thought that feet wide. So isn't present - quite average.- 26.6 cm length- 9.5 cm width- 23.0 cm volumeFor an example boots Trickers on very wide block (not to compare at all with 341 or 337) at a rate of 7 in a heel dangle, and the little finger all as isn't comfortable (sideways in front). Though at all fingers and completeness ahead don't clench it seems with a stock.Strange somehow.I thought to take Loafer-y in a block 341 or dover 2 in a block 348. But it is absolutely unclear.post #3701 of 99983/22/13 at 4:57amQuote:
I've taken on board on your advice and will most likely go with a dark brown calf leather first. But now to choose which one....audley or lonsdale in the dark brown antique calf???
Or even chestnut belgraves ???post #3702 of 99983/22/13 at 8:07ampost #3703 of 99983/22/13 at 8:18ampost #3704 of 99983/22/13 at 8:58am
Hello gentleman -
First time poster on the thread. After browsing thru all the fantastic pictures of the islay boot on the thread, now I really want one!
I have looked into pediwear and bodileys and was wondering if the thrifty shoppers here knew of any other options that are cheaper?
I also have a friend in London at the moment and that could be an option. Any suggestions on that route (which stores etc) would be welcomed.post #3705 of 99983/22/13 at 4:55pmQuote:
Absolutely not. Yes, they're remarkably similar and certainly overlap stylistically (as long as your pant leg is hiding your boot's calf as it should) but I use both regularly and for different reasons.
That said, I don't think the average observer notes the difference. Some probably think I'm wearing the same shoe until I cross my legs.
Whichever you're missing, get 'em. Then revisit the RL thread in 2 years to see how much more they cost and thank yourself for being smart enough now to pull the trigger.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 59 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Help me get the modern mobster look 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015