I've been told that it costs 60 pounds to change the leather sole of C&J shoes with dainite. Does it mean that I may wear the shoes till they need resoling and then ask C&J to chage the sole to a dainite one for this price? Or is this applicable to new shoes only? I have hallams and some 358s on leather and wanted to try to wear them as is but not sure if it is reasonable in our conditions. But if the future dainite resoling is an option I can try at least .
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Old Fashioned Bump and drop!! 8/29 Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 8/26/14 at 10:13am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 7:34 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- FINAL DROP-EG and AS shoes Great condition shoes! 10.5-11.5 US EG, C&J, AS. Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop: Crockett and Jones Northcote size 11DUS Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 247
Styleforum Top Picks
I would give you the same advice here I gave you in your other thread:
I would advise you to take your time and make sure your making your money count. Start with the basics and make sure your covered. Don't limit yourself to one brand but make sure they are quality brands with a good value for your money. Crocket and Jones in my mind is a good value but there are others as well. Make sure you budget shoe care supplies such as the recomended cleaner\conditioner, brushes, cream, wax, and shoe trees. Make your investment count and do your research well in advance of any purchase.
Suede in my opinion wouldn't be a good second shoe.
Checkout threads like the follwoing:
Dddrees is spot on - Go for calf leather as your first calf...Suede can be high maintenaince
C&J's is a great call for your maiden voyage into quality, well made shoes on a selection of
sleek and stunning last.
Now from what I understand the Westbourne that your poseted are Chestnut "Burnished Calf". The Selbournes are Chestnut "Antique Calf".
Idoes someone have pics showing the difference in color between Chestnut Burnished and Antique? From what C&J told me...the Antique is darker than the Burnished
I've always thought the Edgware to be a really beautiful shoe, but the version made for Grafford in
Burgundy cordovan is just incredible
sharing this for the non-swedes...
I've taken on board on your advice and will most likely go with a dark brown calf leather first. But now to choose which one....audley or lonsdale in the dark brown antique calf???
Or even chestnut belgraves ???
Hello gentleman -
First time poster on the thread. After browsing thru all the fantastic pictures of the islay boot on the thread, now I really want one!
I have looked into pediwear and bodileys and was wondering if the thrifty shoppers here knew of any other options that are cheaper?
I also have a friend in London at the moment and that could be an option. Any suggestions on that route (which stores etc) would be welcomed.
Absolutely not. Yes, they're remarkably similar and certainly overlap stylistically (as long as your pant leg is hiding your boot's calf as it should) but I use both regularly and for different reasons.
That said, I don't think the average observer notes the difference. Some probably think I'm wearing the same shoe until I cross my legs.
Whichever you're missing, get 'em. Then revisit the RL thread in 2 years to see how much more they cost and thank yourself for being smart enough now to pull the trigger.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- › basic white Tee's 1 minute ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Fantasy English Premier League - come join Stylish Gentlemen 17 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 17 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 18 minutes ago
- › The Official Hair Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)