I've been told that it costs 60 pounds to change the leather sole of C&J shoes with dainite. Does it mean that I may wear the shoes till they need resoling and then ask C&J to chage the sole to a dainite one for this price? Or is this applicable to new shoes only? I have hallams and some 358s on leather and wanted to try to wear them as is but not sure if it is reasonable in our conditions. But if the future dainite resoling is an option I can try at least .
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 5:59 am in Classic Menswear
- Crockett & Jones - Wingtips & Ankle Boots w/ Trees - 10.5 Last post on 1/10/15 at 8:01am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 11:17 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 247
Styleforum Top Picks
I would give you the same advice here I gave you in your other thread:
I would advise you to take your time and make sure your making your money count. Start with the basics and make sure your covered. Don't limit yourself to one brand but make sure they are quality brands with a good value for your money. Crocket and Jones in my mind is a good value but there are others as well. Make sure you budget shoe care supplies such as the recomended cleaner\conditioner, brushes, cream, wax, and shoe trees. Make your investment count and do your research well in advance of any purchase.
Suede in my opinion wouldn't be a good second shoe.
Checkout threads like the follwoing:
Dddrees is spot on - Go for calf leather as your first calf...Suede can be high maintenaince
C&J's is a great call for your maiden voyage into quality, well made shoes on a selection of
sleek and stunning last.
Now from what I understand the Westbourne that your poseted are Chestnut "Burnished Calf". The Selbournes are Chestnut "Antique Calf".
Idoes someone have pics showing the difference in color between Chestnut Burnished and Antique? From what C&J told me...the Antique is darker than the Burnished
I've always thought the Edgware to be a really beautiful shoe, but the version made for Grafford in
Burgundy cordovan is just incredible
sharing this for the non-swedes...
I've taken on board on your advice and will most likely go with a dark brown calf leather first. But now to choose which one....audley or lonsdale in the dark brown antique calf???
Or even chestnut belgraves ???
Hello gentleman -
First time poster on the thread. After browsing thru all the fantastic pictures of the islay boot on the thread, now I really want one!
I have looked into pediwear and bodileys and was wondering if the thrifty shoppers here knew of any other options that are cheaper?
I also have a friend in London at the moment and that could be an option. Any suggestions on that route (which stores etc) would be welcomed.
Absolutely not. Yes, they're remarkably similar and certainly overlap stylistically (as long as your pant leg is hiding your boot's calf as it should) but I use both regularly and for different reasons.
That said, I don't think the average observer notes the difference. Some probably think I'm wearing the same shoe until I cross my legs.
Whichever you're missing, get 'em. Then revisit the RL thread in 2 years to see how much more they cost and thank yourself for being smart enough now to pull the trigger.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 57 seconds ago
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Wings + Horns SS14 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays