completely agree. I think i would need to single out a pair of boots and not add polish or cream, or edge dressing. it would be hard to look at them for the duration of time needed for such a patina.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 2:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 7:23 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 244post #3646 of 98793/18/13 at 3:50am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3647 of 98793/18/13 at 3:54ampost #3648 of 98793/18/13 at 4:03amI think a pair of the original, country boot Galways would look absolutely fantastic with a patina like that. I'm not too fussy about caring for my grain derby boots beyond an occasional conditioning and even more occasional coat of cream polish precisely because I'm not convinced that grained boots look good at all when over-maintained...post #3649 of 98793/18/13 at 5:09am
Very nice - I managed to pick up a pair of Alex on the Handgrade spec from Cleverley some years back.
C&J's Alex are only made on the Benchgrade....
Overall, the Alex wholecut on the 348 last is probably the best looking of all other makers.post #3650 of 98793/18/13 at 5:12ampost #3651 of 98793/18/13 at 5:14ampost #3652 of 98793/18/13 at 8:21amQuote:
+1 I've had mine for about a year, and they still look pretty much like new. It's a great durable calfskin; I can't imagine what that boot must have been through. A little Venetian Shoe Cream could have gone a long way.post #3653 of 98793/18/13 at 8:38ampost #3654 of 98793/18/13 at 9:06ampost #3655 of 98793/18/13 at 9:32ampost #3656 of 98793/18/13 at 10:05amThread Starterpost #3657 of 98793/18/13 at 10:14amQuote:
Alden does cordovan better than most. They have more luster to them. I think my Rider boots are on pair with Aldens' cordovan. I'm waiting to see how St Crispins does it, I have a pair of theirs on order. I have the Crockett and Jones Lindrick and the Cordovan is nowhere as shiny as Alden, it's dryer. The Lindrick is the boot version of the Marlow. But the Lindrick is constructed better than an Alden boot.
Did you say both was an option?
I would get the Marlow at the Alden price first, and then I would get the Alden at the Alden price later.post #3658 of 98793/18/13 at 10:29ampost #3659 of 98793/18/13 at 12:19pmThread Starterpost #3660 of 98793/18/13 at 12:24pm
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 13 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 20 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 27 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 35 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 37 minutes ago
- › NIB 10D Dolce & Gabbana Leather Derby Shoes from Mr Porter 38 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 38 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...