completely agree. I think i would need to single out a pair of boots and not add polish or cream, or edge dressing. it would be hard to look at them for the duration of time needed for such a patina.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:28 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 4/23/15 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 12:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 4/20/15 at 8:13am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 244
Styleforum Top Picks
Very nice - I managed to pick up a pair of Alex on the Handgrade spec from Cleverley some years back.
C&J's Alex are only made on the Benchgrade....
Overall, the Alex wholecut on the 348 last is probably the best looking of all other makers.
+1 I've had mine for about a year, and they still look pretty much like new. It's a great durable calfskin; I can't imagine what that boot must have been through. A little Venetian Shoe Cream could have gone a long way.
Alden does cordovan better than most. They have more luster to them. I think my Rider boots are on pair with Aldens' cordovan. I'm waiting to see how St Crispins does it, I have a pair of theirs on order. I have the Crockett and Jones Lindrick and the Cordovan is nowhere as shiny as Alden, it's dryer. The Lindrick is the boot version of the Marlow. But the Lindrick is constructed better than an Alden boot.
Did you say both was an option?
I would get the Marlow at the Alden price first, and then I would get the Alden at the Alden price later.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 38 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Vincero - Watches & Fine Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Sous VIde Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › Poor Richard's Unsolicted Advice and Maxim Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...