completely agree. I think i would need to single out a pair of boots and not add polish or cream, or edge dressing. it would be hard to look at them for the duration of time needed for such a patina.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:53 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 5/20/15 at 6:37am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 5/13/15 at 9:04pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 244
Styleforum Top Picks
Very nice - I managed to pick up a pair of Alex on the Handgrade spec from Cleverley some years back.
C&J's Alex are only made on the Benchgrade....
Overall, the Alex wholecut on the 348 last is probably the best looking of all other makers.
+1 I've had mine for about a year, and they still look pretty much like new. It's a great durable calfskin; I can't imagine what that boot must have been through. A little Venetian Shoe Cream could have gone a long way.
Alden does cordovan better than most. They have more luster to them. I think my Rider boots are on pair with Aldens' cordovan. I'm waiting to see how St Crispins does it, I have a pair of theirs on order. I have the Crockett and Jones Lindrick and the Cordovan is nowhere as shiny as Alden, it's dryer. The Lindrick is the boot version of the Marlow. But the Lindrick is constructed better than an Alden boot.
Did you say both was an option?
I would get the Marlow at the Alden price first, and then I would get the Alden at the Alden price later.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Official Beer Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 7 minutes ago
- › Help me choose between 2 shirts, same cut different sizes for work. 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina Inca last double monk size 10 UK 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › What would you wear today? 12 minutes ago
- › NIB $595 Afred Sargent (Stewart's Choice) Oxford Shoes - US 10.5D -... 22 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan