completely agree. I think i would need to single out a pair of boots and not add polish or cream, or edge dressing. it would be hard to look at them for the duration of time needed for such a patina.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 12/21/14 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Yesterday at 9:35 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Crockett & Jones MTO Central Last post on 12/20/14 at 7:20pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 244
Styleforum Top Picks
Very nice - I managed to pick up a pair of Alex on the Handgrade spec from Cleverley some years back.
C&J's Alex are only made on the Benchgrade....
Overall, the Alex wholecut on the 348 last is probably the best looking of all other makers.
+1 I've had mine for about a year, and they still look pretty much like new. It's a great durable calfskin; I can't imagine what that boot must have been through. A little Venetian Shoe Cream could have gone a long way.
Alden does cordovan better than most. They have more luster to them. I think my Rider boots are on pair with Aldens' cordovan. I'm waiting to see how St Crispins does it, I have a pair of theirs on order. I have the Crockett and Jones Lindrick and the Cordovan is nowhere as shiny as Alden, it's dryer. The Lindrick is the boot version of the Marlow. But the Lindrick is constructed better than an Alden boot.
Did you say both was an option?
I would get the Marlow at the Alden price first, and then I would get the Alden at the Alden price later.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › 2014 Clothing Insights and 2015 Clothing Plans 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Barrie last help 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 20 minutes ago
- › Yet another thread about how to get a shaggy hairstyle like zyzz 21 minutes ago
- › NEW Alden Plain Toe Blucher (PTB) Shell Cordovan Cigar - Barrie... 22 minutes ago
- › Belts: Kiton, John Lobb, Barrett, RLPL, Lanvin, Canali, Orciani,... 24 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 37 minutes ago
- › Slim or skinny raw denims 46 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...