Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 2:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 2:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 2:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 232
Styleforum Top Picks
It's a model that they made a while ago for Fife Footwear, who may or may not be related to Hoggs of Fife, Scottish countrywear specialists who've since sold footwear by Sargent and Cheaney, amongst others.
I took it into the local C&J shop to show them and they surprisingly had the same model in the back of the shop, which the factory had sent them a while ago in response to an enquiry regarding a MTO longwing model - to show the customer that they could do them, I suppose.
I think they said that it was made on the 240 last, although I might need to double-check that.
As far as thirty quid eBay finds go, it's a pretty good one...
The Hastings brogue is a model made for the gun-makers Purdey, who still carry other C&J models that aren't standard catalogue designs.
Thanks for positng
All are made in England, but the handgrades to a higher standard: oak bark soles, finer leathers (haven't verified this myself), closed-channeled soles.
I've felt the suede on a Belgrave (hand grade) and a Westfield (bench grade) at the same time and the material used for the hand grade shoe felt noticably finer. I think it's a little closer with the calf leathers - just my opinion.
That medallions ins't the Loake brogue medallion?
BTW C&J made longwing style also for BBBF
Recently, I bought a pair of CJ Benchgrade Pembroke and AS Exclusive Hunt. The CJ Benchgrade is not as good as AS Exclusive. The AS looks great. The CJ Pembroke with box stamped October 25 2012; the right shoe's outer flap didn't look very good, it look slightly larger, bad under trimming and closing? I took some pictures today to show the issues I have with CJ Benchgrade...
I have a similar issue with a pair of CJ Benchgrade Coniston with box stamped November 01 2012. Again, it is the right outer flap. It does not line up evenly, especially after I laced it up. As a comparison, I just purchased a pair of CJ Islay from Barneys NY last weekend. All four flaps are fine. There is no date stamp on Islay's box, I think it is covered by Barneys tag, but I am sure they were made recently due to the fact that Barneys just got them back in stock.
Anyway, what do I know... I still love CJ, can't wait to get another pair...
The Northcote is Benchgrade with dark brown wax calf. The Conistons is also Benchgrade with tan scotch country grain leather. But Conistons has a slight antiqued finish, which I love. CJ NY has them, you can check them out in person.
Honestly shape and finish look C&J to me, but never handled a pair.
Always thought they were C&J as other BBBF models, like saddles, boots etc.
Edit: found here a picture of the soles, they are indeed C&J.
Edited by alexSF - 2/21/13 at 3:10pm
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Mad Men: Final Season 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › LBM 1911 Grey Flannel Sport Coat 54 EUR size 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 12 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan