Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:14 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 8/1/15 at 7:13pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Yesterday at 8:36 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 232post #3466 of 98922/20/13 at 11:35am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3467 of 98922/20/13 at 12:54pmpost #3468 of 98922/20/13 at 1:00pmpost #3469 of 98922/20/13 at 2:45pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by CTBrummie
It's a model that they made a while ago for Fife Footwear, who may or may not be related to Hoggs of Fife, Scottish countrywear specialists who've since sold footwear by Sargent and Cheaney, amongst others.
I took it into the local C&J shop to show them and they surprisingly had the same model in the back of the shop, which the factory had sent them a while ago in response to an enquiry regarding a MTO longwing model - to show the customer that they could do them, I suppose.
I think they said that it was made on the 240 last, although I might need to double-check that.
As far as thirty quid eBay finds go, it's a pretty good one...
The Hastings brogue is a model made for the gun-makers Purdey, who still carry other C&J models that aren't standard catalogue designs.
Thanks for positngpost #3470 of 98922/20/13 at 4:58pmQuote:question for the group, anyone notice the new logo adjacent to the hand-grade shoes? is it just marketing? arent they all made in England?
All are made in England, but the handgrades to a higher standard: oak bark soles, finer leathers (haven't verified this myself), closed-channeled soles.post #3471 of 98922/20/13 at 7:22pmQuote:
I've felt the suede on a Belgrave (hand grade) and a Westfield (bench grade) at the same time and the material used for the hand grade shoe felt noticably finer. I think it's a little closer with the calf leathers - just my opinion.post #3472 of 98922/21/13 at 12:05pmpost #3473 of 98922/21/13 at 12:10pmpost #3474 of 98922/21/13 at 1:32pmQuote:
That medallions ins't the Loake brogue medallion?
BTW C&J made longwing style also for BBBFpost #3475 of 98922/21/13 at 1:41pmpost #3476 of 98922/21/13 at 2:07pmQuote:
Recently, I bought a pair of CJ Benchgrade Pembroke and AS Exclusive Hunt. The CJ Benchgrade is not as good as AS Exclusive. The AS looks great. The CJ Pembroke with box stamped October 25 2012; the right shoe's outer flap didn't look very good, it look slightly larger, bad under trimming and closing? I took some pictures today to show the issues I have with CJ Benchgrade...
I have a similar issue with a pair of CJ Benchgrade Coniston with box stamped November 01 2012. Again, it is the right outer flap. It does not line up evenly, especially after I laced it up. As a comparison, I just purchased a pair of CJ Islay from Barneys NY last weekend. All four flaps are fine. There is no date stamp on Islay's box, I think it is covered by Barneys tag, but I am sure they were made recently due to the fact that Barneys just got them back in stock.
Anyway, what do I know... I still love CJ, can't wait to get another pair...post #3477 of 98922/21/13 at 2:16pmQuote:
The Northcote is Benchgrade with dark brown wax calf. The Conistons is also Benchgrade with tan scotch country grain leather. But Conistons has a slight antiqued finish, which I love. CJ NY has them, you can check them out in person.post #3478 of 98922/21/13 at 2:20pmpost #3479 of 98922/21/13 at 2:57pmThey should be of the same maker, the style is identical in every detail (except welt)
Honestly shape and finish look C&J to me, but never handled a pair.
Always thought they were C&J as other BBBF models, like saddles, boots etc.
Edit: found here a picture of the soles, they are indeed C&J.
Edited by alexSF - 2/21/13 at 3:10pm
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) just now
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina GMTO 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 15 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 19 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 minutes ago
- › NWT CANAL KEI TOPCOAT 42/52R ANGORA BLEND GREY "WINTER IS COMING" 25 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...