Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Old Fashioned Bump!!! Consolidated Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on Today at 6:11 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 8:05 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- FINAL DROP-EG and AS shoes Great condition shoes! 10.5-11.5 US EG, C&J, AS. Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop: Crockett and Jones Northcote size 11DUS Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 232
Styleforum Top Picks
It's a model that they made a while ago for Fife Footwear, who may or may not be related to Hoggs of Fife, Scottish countrywear specialists who've since sold footwear by Sargent and Cheaney, amongst others.
I took it into the local C&J shop to show them and they surprisingly had the same model in the back of the shop, which the factory had sent them a while ago in response to an enquiry regarding a MTO longwing model - to show the customer that they could do them, I suppose.
I think they said that it was made on the 240 last, although I might need to double-check that.
As far as thirty quid eBay finds go, it's a pretty good one...
The Hastings brogue is a model made for the gun-makers Purdey, who still carry other C&J models that aren't standard catalogue designs.
Thanks for positng
All are made in England, but the handgrades to a higher standard: oak bark soles, finer leathers (haven't verified this myself), closed-channeled soles.
I've felt the suede on a Belgrave (hand grade) and a Westfield (bench grade) at the same time and the material used for the hand grade shoe felt noticably finer. I think it's a little closer with the calf leathers - just my opinion.
That medallions ins't the Loake brogue medallion?
BTW C&J made longwing style also for BBBF
Recently, I bought a pair of CJ Benchgrade Pembroke and AS Exclusive Hunt. The CJ Benchgrade is not as good as AS Exclusive. The AS looks great. The CJ Pembroke with box stamped October 25 2012; the right shoe's outer flap didn't look very good, it look slightly larger, bad under trimming and closing? I took some pictures today to show the issues I have with CJ Benchgrade...
I have a similar issue with a pair of CJ Benchgrade Coniston with box stamped November 01 2012. Again, it is the right outer flap. It does not line up evenly, especially after I laced it up. As a comparison, I just purchased a pair of CJ Islay from Barneys NY last weekend. All four flaps are fine. There is no date stamp on Islay's box, I think it is covered by Barneys tag, but I am sure they were made recently due to the fact that Barneys just got them back in stock.
Anyway, what do I know... I still love CJ, can't wait to get another pair...
The Northcote is Benchgrade with dark brown wax calf. The Conistons is also Benchgrade with tan scotch country grain leather. But Conistons has a slight antiqued finish, which I love. CJ NY has them, you can check them out in person.
Honestly shape and finish look C&J to me, but never handled a pair.
Always thought they were C&J as other BBBF models, like saddles, boots etc.
Edit: found here a picture of the soles, they are indeed C&J.
Edited by alexSF - 2/21/13 at 3:10pm
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- › MC General Chat 8 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Top 5 Tips for Fresh Graduates to Find the Target Job 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 7 minutes ago
- › Poll: Anything-but-Black Men's Dress Oxford Brogues in a British... 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)