or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 225

post #3361 of 8047
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Good Evening all,


I recently tried on the alex which I liked a lot but I wanted to getnt made up as a hand grade model. Can anyone tell me the up charge from bench to hand grade? Thanks in advance.

If IIRC, it's like 50% up, no? It is quite substantial though which alwayed turned me off.

Today: C&J Cottesmore
Untitled
post #3362 of 8047
Thank You Crat, I didn't see that in New York last time I was there. It also doesn't appear in my 12'-13' catalogue is it still offered?
post #3363 of 8047
^ thanks dr. As well. 50% is quite steep, as a previous poster mentioned that's borderline eg territory although they were discussing shell.
post #3364 of 8047
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Thank You Crat, I didn't see that in New York last time I was there. It also doesn't appear in my 12'-13' catalogue is it still offered?
I'm not sure tbh. You could send them an email and ask if they can tell you if anyone stocks them. You might get lucky.
post #3365 of 8047
^I emailed the store manager at the address listed on his business card last week but I havent heard anything as of yet.
post #3366 of 8047
post #3367 of 8047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crat View Post

You may want to try to get a hold of the scarsdale, a handgrade wholecut on the 358 last.




I don't see these on the webpage for the UK collection btw maybe it's not on there anymore? No longer produced?
post #3368 of 8047
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Good Evening all,


I recently tried on the alex which I liked a lot but I wanted to getnt made up as a hand grade model. Can anyone tell me the up charge from bench to hand grade? Thanks in advance.

If IIRC, it's like 50% up, no? It is quite substantial though which alwayed turned me off.

Today: C&J Cottesmore
Untitled

When you say handgrade do you mean mto ? Coz C&J lists their own products as MTO, handgrade and main collection
post #3369 of 8047
I think he means that he would like a wholecut with no brogueing, like the benchgrade Alex, made to handgrade standards.
There are quite a few shops out there that have 'store' mto models which can't be found in CJ's catalogue.
All I'm saying is that it might be worthwhile to try and find out if there are any shops that currntly stock something similar to what BP is looking for.
post #3370 of 8047
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanielca View Post

When you say handgrade do you mean mto ? Coz C&J lists their own products as MTO, handgrade and main collection

My mistake, yes, MTO has the huge upcharge. The difference from BG to HG is around a couple hundred USD I think.
post #3371 of 8047
PSA: brown chelsea boot back in stock at Barneys, US9, was $625 now $309. Must have been a return, I don't recall seeing it there a few days ago.
http://www.barneys.com/Crockett-Jones-Chelsea-Boot/501839141,default,pd.html?cgid=SALEMENSHOES&index=7&utm_source=GAN&utm_medium=Skimlinks&utm_campaign=Primary%20Banner
post #3372 of 8047
I returned it -- too pointy for my tastes.
post #3373 of 8047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post

PSA: brown chelsea boot back in stock at Barneys, US9, was $625 now $309. Must have been a return, I don't recall seeing it there a few days ago.
http://www.barneys.com/Crockett-Jones-Chelsea-Boot/501839141,default,pd.html?cgid=SALEMENSHOES&index=7&utm_source=GAN&utm_medium=Skimlinks&utm_campaign=Primary%20Banner

I have bought a pair of these recently - I can understand DocHolliday not liking them for being pointy as they're probably the pointiest last I've seen for C&J but I really love mine smile.gif
post #3374 of 8047

See problem I find with C&J is the colours, not enough shades available in handgrade. In my quest for my first pair of proper leathers since 'forever'... I am now focusing on CJ (although I may slip and go for the GG Wilmores) 

 

I am not considering their other levels because I have a thing for closed channeled soles, open channeled with exposed threads on leather soles drive me crazy more than 'rubber' soles. I am considering either a wholecut or boot/chukkas. And as Ive discovered they no longer make the scarsdale.. so only wholecut that is available is the wyemouth, but the non shiny calf leather is not a fav of mine... antiqued calf is so much better.. for that reason I like the portman...but not the buckle although it is small and is probably going to be hidden underneath my jeans.

 

Btw they have a better handgrade boot collection in their french line..cowdray and somerville. The front of the shoe has a much more elegant flow to it as compared to its british counterpart which I think would be the chelseas but the various chelseas do not come in handgrade btw. how odd.. basically they do not have a handgrade boot in the UK....

post #3375 of 8047
A couple of sale shoes I noticed at the Paris store.

Balmuir IV Black Calf 5914-12 - 440 euro
Balmuir IV Brown Calf 5914-19B - 440 euro
Portman III Black Calf - 5450 - 12 410 euro
Chukka - 300 euro

Not sure if phone ordering is available. I can proxy ship to the US at cost, but won't lay out money for people.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **