or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 222

post #3316 of 8210
Just got Cliffords. Picture with flash:

post #3317 of 8210
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

Just got Cliffords. Picture with flash:


Nice shoes, I wore mine today.
post #3318 of 8210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post

For those of you with experience with both the C&J 337 last and EG, Vass, or G&G lasts, which lasts from those makers have the soft square and not super narrow toe of the 337? I'd like to know in case I ever want to expand beyond C&J. Thanks.

The 606 last from Edward Green should fit the bill. The rest of the last is shaped like the 202, so is quite roomy and comfortably, but instead of the 202 last's rounded toe, it has a soft square toe. It's my favourite EG last and it happens to fit me very well.
post #3319 of 8210
post #3320 of 8210

C&J for RL:

 

post #3321 of 8210

Does anyone own the Chelsea 3 on the 238 last, or any other shoe on the 238 last for that matter? 

 

I would really appreciate some photos of said shoes, and a description as to how the last fits.

smile.gif

post #3322 of 8210
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanskl View Post

Does anyone own the Chelsea 3 on the 238 last, or any other shoe on the 238 last for that matter? 

 

I would really appreciate some photos of said shoes, and a description as to how the last fits.

smile.gif

I have them

 

AppleMarkAppleMark

 

They are extremely tight for me. If its warm I cannot wear them as the instep becomes too small for my swollen feet. Dont know if its visible from the photos, but you can see the creasing around the instep.

 

If I compare them to 337 weymouth, 341 finsbury, 348 edgware, 325 chepstow they are narrower than all of them and I have no problem with any of these lasts. I also have a problem with the heel which feels too tight.

Its a real pity, cause I think the last looks really nice.

If I am to rank the lasts I have, going from favourite to worst I think I'd go like this:

  1. 337
  2. 341
  3. 325
  4. 348
  5. 365 (islay. too wide imo)
  6. 238

 

Hope that helps :)

post #3323 of 8210
Quote:
Originally Posted by niklasnordin View Post

I have them

 

AppleMarkAppleMark

 

They are extremely tight for me. If its warm I cannot wear them as the instep becomes too small for my swollen feet. Dont know if its visible from the photos, but you can see the creasing around the instep.

 

If I compare them to 337 weymouth, 341 finsbury, 348 edgware, 325 chepstow they are narrower than all of them and I have no problem with any of these lasts. I also have a problem with the heel which feels too tight.

Its a real pity, cause I think the last looks really nice.

If I am to rank the lasts I have, going from favourite to worst I think I'd go like this:

  1. 337
  2. 341
  3. 325
  4. 348
  5. 365 (islay. too wide imo)
  6. 238

 

Hope that helps :)

Thanks!

 

Could you also take a picture from straight above so the shape of the last is easier to see?

 

Do you have the same size in all those lasts? 

 

I have C&Js on the 314, 325, 335 and 341 and 348 lasts, and I wear the same size in all..

 

Would you advise to size up for the 238?

post #3324 of 8210
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanskl View Post

Thanks!

 

Could you also take a picture from straight above so the shape of the last is easier to see?

 

Do you have the same size in all those lasts? 

 

I have C&Js on the 314, 325, 335 and 341 and 348 lasts, and I wear the same size in all..

 

Would you advise to size up for the 238?

 

AppleMark

 

I also have the same size for all, but I dont know if you should size up. All the 3xx feels pretty similar to me, this is entirely different from the 3xx lasts.

Im just speaking of how it feels of course since I dont know anything of how the C&J lasts are defined. 

Also, this is the only C&J that has given me blisters on the heel. All the others have been comfortable from the start.

Looking back I'd probably size up so I could use this shoe with some warmer socks and if they are too large some insoles would probably do the trick.

These are too warm to use on a sunny/warm day anyway.

 

Edit: added the side-view of the shoe


Edited by niklasnordin - 2/1/13 at 11:02am
post #3325 of 8210

I am liking the 240 boot last quite a bit, seems to fit my narrowish foot well.  A little higher instep to the 325 boot that I own.  240 boot is Peal & Co. BB Cordovan.  The 325 is RL Lindrick cordovan, both 1/2 down from US9.5D to US9D.  The gentleman at C&J NYC advises a UK 8.5 for a proper fit.

post #3326 of 8210

The toe shape of the 238 last looks really good. However it looks to be a bit shorter than the other lasts. 

Is the chelsea 3 a low, mid or high ankle boot? From the pictures, it looks to be on the low side..

 

 

How does the 238 last compare to the 224 last? Anyone have pictures of the Chiltern suede chukka? It looks nice..

post #3327 of 8210
Chipshot, how's the shine on your Peal boots? Are you happy with the finish?
post #3328 of 8210
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvc44 View Post

Chipshot, how's the shine on your Peal boots? Are you happy with the finish?

Yes the finish is more of a matte vs Alden finish.  Happier with the finish .... Fits my lifestyle better.

post #3329 of 8210
Fit is amazing ! I know that
post #3330 of 8210
Hello. I'm hoping to get some sizing advice from the expert panel smile.gif

After posting to get sizing advice for the Islay I left confident that I would need to get myself a pair in 9E. I'm now wondering if the same would go for the Skye. I still have not recieved the Islay from a pre order I placed, so I do not have that last to compare to. I do know my sizing in a couple Alden lasts. I wear a US 9.5 D in both the Trubalance and Barrie lasts. US 10 in Chuck Taylors. As always, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **