Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:40 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 3/29/15 at 4:16pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:48 pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Yesterday at 9:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 214
Styleforum Top Picks
Pretty sure it's a tan version of this:
Not sure about those laces, but laces are cheap. Pretty good deal for anyone who's a size 9.
Unless you are really dying to own a Japan-only model, don't buy your C&Js in Japan because, as indicated earlier in the thread, you will pay a massive premium to do so. C&Js in Japan cost about $300 more than they do in the US/UK.
Anyway, there are quite a few places that stock C&J in Tokyo, including the shoe basement in the Isetan Men's Annex in Shinjuku, in other department stores such as Takashimaya Times Square in Shinjuku, and "Lifegear - Trading Post" in Ginza, Shibuya and Aoyama.
wow, thanks for the warning!
I might take a look, though.
Alden cordovan has a better luster, they do this much better than any others I am aware of.
The cordovan comes from the same place that Crockett & Jones and some others use, but they just finish or dye it better.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 -... 2 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 3 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...