Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Yesterday at 7:23 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 213post #3181 of 98791/15/13 at 3:19pmSo can anyone confirm whether the Audley III is replacing the Audley worldwide or if it is simply a Japan-only model? I was planning on buying the Audley literally this week, but would rather hold out for the Audley III based on this magazine scan. As always, I thank the forum for its omnipotence and benevolence.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3182 of 98791/15/13 at 3:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by stevent
These just popped up any idea on last? Kopped a pair hoping it fits
Whoa! Did they have many sizes? All gone now ...post #3183 of 98791/15/13 at 4:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Chicagobred
So can anyone confirm whether the Audley III is replacing the Audley worldwide or if it is simply a Japan-only model? I was planning on buying the Audley literally this week, but would rather hold out for the Audley III based on this magazine scan. As always, I thank the forum for its omnipotence and benevolence.
Will be going to Japan (Tokio) in a few weeks, who sells C&J and where?
Thanks.post #3184 of 98791/15/13 at 5:10pmQuote:
Unless you are really dying to own a Japan-only model, don't buy your C&Js in Japan because, as indicated earlier in the thread, you will pay a massive premium to do so. C&Js in Japan cost about $300 more than they do in the US/UK.
Anyway, there are quite a few places that stock C&J in Tokyo, including the shoe basement in the Isetan Men's Annex in Shinjuku, in other department stores such as Takashimaya Times Square in Shinjuku, and "Lifegear - Trading Post" in Ginza, Shibuya and Aoyama.post #3185 of 98791/15/13 at 5:19pmpost #3186 of 98791/15/13 at 5:42pmpost #3187 of 98791/15/13 at 5:43pmpost #3188 of 98791/15/13 at 5:44pmpost #3189 of 98791/15/13 at 9:48pmQuote:
+1 to Journeyman for buying C&J elsewhere unless you want Japan only models.
Other than where Journeyman mentioned, major menswear stores such as United Arrows, Beams, Tomorrowland、Ships, Barneys) and slew of other smaller retailers carry C&J. Theres probably over 50 retailers handling C&J shoes in Tokyo. Perhaps due to the large market, and the buying power of the Japanese distributors (Griffin International being the largest), C&J's always been quite accommodating to making unique models (make-ups), and each of the major retailors (Beams, UA etc...) have their series of exclusive models, sometimes made from their own supplied last. UA's exclusive models use the last 349, Trading Post has their exclusive last 360 shoes. The last 367 mentioned earlier (Audley III) is probably exclusive to Isetan. Btw there's also an "Audley II' model based on 337.
Beams's newest exclusive: Bayswater Chukka Last 200
More interesting models in the past involve C&J's collaboration with local bespoke maker (Guild of Crafts). Guild designed the shoes and the last (Last G44). and C&J produced them.
C&J + Guild of Crafts: "Rusty" Last G44post #3190 of 98791/15/13 at 11:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wish Barneys had stock, somebody bought in NY before Ryan could get it for me
10,5 and 11 I bought the 11spost #3191 of 98791/16/13 at 6:25ampost #3192 of 98791/16/13 at 7:01ampost #3193 of 98791/16/13 at 7:14ampost #3194 of 98791/16/13 at 7:15am
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1431 Active Users (262 Members and 1169 Guests)
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 47 seconds ago
- › GMTO: Carmina Chocolate Brown Suede Oxford or My Next OneShoe 59 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 11 minutes ago
- › E. Marinella shop in London 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...