Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop in $..Crockett and Jones Burnham 2 10.5US Last post on 7/10/14 at 3:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 10:14 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- FINAL DROP-EG and AS shoes Great condition shoes! 10.5-11.5 US EG, C&J, AS. Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop: Crockett and Jones Northcote size 11DUS Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 209
Styleforum Top Picks
Go bespoke; there is a 1:10,000 chances a RTW made shoe will fit you well in the same size but different last.
I am between an US9.5 and a 10; I bought all my C&J shoes in an UK size 9, all of them.
I still have 3:one on last 363, one on last 358, and one on last 41 (yes, that is a 15 y.o. tassel loafer...)
They are all size 9, the first 2 on the slight loose side, the 3rd is snug, but the last is much shorter. I have a higher instep and sizing down is not an option; I've done it once and it was a pain. I prefer my shoes a little loose than tight; i love my feet and I need them in good condition for many years to come.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Searched a few pages hoping to find the answer but no luck. Anyone familiar with what model this could be? Looks like a Coniston with different eyelets and sole. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Probably a special make up for a retailer, it's similar to the coniston but differ for eyelets, last (240 usually used by peal&co) and for the flat welt and double leather sole.
It's really nice.
i come to pose a curious question for you CJ aficionados.
i generally wear a US12, so when i purchased my first CJs almost 2 years ago, i ordered them in a UK11. and iirc, that was based off of some light SF reading. i ordered the edgware, which comes in an E width on the 348 last. they were too large, so i re-ordered in size UK10.5. they fit well, but not perfect. definitely closer to being loose than tight. so i might say i should wear a UK10.25 in the edgware. sadly that does not exist.
my next purchase came a few months ago. the westfield. it also comes in an E width, but on the 341 last. i ordered again in a size UK10.5, and they turned out to be painfully tight, even after half a dozen full day wears or so. so i repurchased them in a UK11. which turns out are slightly large out of the box. i put in some dr scholls and now they are just fine, and actually i find the dr scholls insole to be more comfortable than the CJ insole anyways (blasphemy, i know). again, it seems a UK10.75 in the westfield would be perfect, but alas, that size does not exist either.
1. anyone find that no CJ in any size fits them quite perfectly?
2. anyone have similar sizing differences on these 2 CJ lasts, or on any 2 different lasts?
sidebar - this is not a complaint, i love both of my CJs. it is just a curious inquiry.
I have the 348, which I find a bit narrow in a 7.5UK and the 363 boot last, which I find to be nearly perfect in an 8UK. But, with boots, due to the ankle lacing, there's much less chance of heel slippage, which was the problem with the 348 in size 8.
I'm an 8.5US on the brannock. I have narrow heels, so heel slippage is common, but I have flat feet that spread out, so a narrow shoe doesn't fit on the ball, even though it's perfect on the heel.
Looks alot like the C&J for BB Black Fleece boot I have. Mine are dark brown grain calf.
Sorry for the late reply, busy day!
At first they were so tight i was going to sell them (picked them up at B&S) but i just put them on during evening when i watched TV and after 2-3 of those sessions they were ok. When i started to walk in them they stretched more and after maybe 3-4 times they got really comfy. Now i can wear them all day but when i got them maybe 2h. I´m happy i didn´t sell them and took a UK7.5 instead.
This is tricky. I always try 0.5 size under what i think is best just for reference so i always feel confident i took the best size. After one year of use i have several shoes that i think i could have gone with the 0.5 smaller size (they fit fine but lost that snug fit) but i know i´ve tried that size and they were too small. So i´ve came to the conclusion that i´m UK 7.25 in most shoes...
Today: Somerville with matching uppers and shaft in brown calf
I have the wholecut weymouth in 337 and the Chukka boot Chepstow in 325 so its not really the best comparison, but
I'd say the 325 is roomier in every way.
I dont think you will have any problem with it being too narrow.
Just my experience with both brands, I find (when) you get better finishing with Alden shell and obviously more variety but C&J hands down has better construction, quality, and consistency. Alden does casual better than C&J and vice versa for sleekness.
I have yet to have any quality issues with any of my Alden's but I have read a number threads were people have had. I don't remember reading any threads were people have had quality issues with C&J, but imagine there may be some who have. Not sure if this has to do with more Alden's being purchased or C&J doing a better job of quality control, but I do get the feeling C&J does a better job in regards to quality control.
The one thing Alden tends to get right and better than most if not all others is the luster of their shell.
For me however the choice has more to do with design than questions of quality because so far my experience has been equally great in regards to quality.
Edited by dddrees - 1/10/13 at 8:58am
There are several threads and many posts which discuss quality issues of many manufacturers including C&J actually.
However I feel I agree with earlier post regarding Crockett's superior construction.
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- › Australian Members 8 seconds ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 36 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 45 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 9 minutes ago
- › WTB: Raf Simons Gold Chin Derby / Prada Creepers with Espadrilles... 11 minutes ago
- › You Won't Believe The One Trick This Man Used to Get a ToJ 11 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 11 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 12 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...