or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 204

post #3046 of 7538

Just recieved my Black Lindricks. Might have been nice had they been in Cordovan, but even so they're still pretty nice. The sale price was pretty good too. Ended up getting 2 pairs for the price of one.

 

1000

 

 


Edited by dddrees - 12/29/12 at 2:27pm
post #3047 of 7538
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Just recieved my Black Lindricks. Might have been nice had they been in Cordovan, but even so they're still pretty nice. The sale price was pretty good too. Ended up getting 2 pairs for the price of one.

1000



Hit the calf lindricks with a coat of saphir reno followed by a coat of saphir black high gloss polish. I did. nod[1].gif
post #3048 of 7538

Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund K View Post

To give you a better idea of the color of Pembroke.  It is more like antique tan.  I like 325 last.  

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

10001000

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #3049 of 7538
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


Hit the calf lindricks with a coat of saphir reno followed by a coat of saphir black high gloss polish. I did. nod[1].gif

Will do, thanks for the hint.

post #3050 of 7538
PSA: Brooks Brothers now has 3 C&J shoes on the 341 last in their Peal & Co line. See here.

Question: I'm thinking about ordering the Courtenay. Does anyone have experience with the kind of creasing that occurs on these semi-punch cap toes? I've heard that wholecuts (don't have any) can crease in unsightly ways and am wondering if the same can happen here.
post #3051 of 7538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post

PSA: Brooks Brothers now has 3 C&J shoes on the 341 last in their Peal & Co line. See here.
Question: I'm thinking about ordering the Courtenay. Does anyone have experience with the kind of creasing that occurs on these semi-punch cap toes? I've heard that wholecuts (don't have any) can crease in unsightly ways and am wondering if the same can happen here.

Aren't those captoes on the 240 last?
post #3052 of 7538
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Aren't those captoes on the 240 last?

No, I believe you're thinking of these:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.%C2%AE-Perforated-Captoes/274H,default,pd.html?dwvar_274H_Color=BLCK&contentpos=3&cgid=
post #3053 of 7538
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Aren't those captoes on the 240 last?

Look too sleek for 240.
post #3054 of 7538

Thinking about bying the Coniston boot.

 

Does anyone know if it can be 'caught' on sale from time to time?

 

Lowest I've seen is the set price of 370 gbp with little or rather no fluctuation.

post #3055 of 7538
Was at the store in jermyn at and they have some seconds on sale, including a color 8 blucher with Danite sole In uk10 for 320 ppinds
post #3056 of 7538
Found some "House of Bruar" shoes and boots made by C&J here:

http://www.houseofbruar.com/footwear-dept60m/

Don't know if it's a regular model, perhaps someone is interested.
post #3057 of 7538
I am struggling between the captoes and wingtips from BB. I'll be ordering some soon to get the 25% off. Are there any other C&J shoes worth considering that aren't listed here?
post #3058 of 7538
Quote:
Originally Posted by slam View Post

I am struggling between the captoes and wingtips from BB. I'll be ordering some soon to get the 25% off. Are there any other C&J shoes worth considering that aren't listed here?

See my post earlier on this page. They're on a better looking last but not 25% off on the website. Maybe Sleven can make it happen for you.
post #3059 of 7538
Quote:
Originally Posted by slam View Post

I am struggling between the captoes and wingtips from BB. I'll be ordering some soon to get the 25% off. Are there any other C&J shoes worth considering that aren't listed here?

The Northcote is a pretty nice-looking boot, and similar to the BB shell one, but obviously, not shell. Over at Pediwear or Bodileys, it can be had significantly cheaper. To be honest, I don't have much experience with C&J's cordovan, though; I've stuck to Alden mostly for that.

post #3060 of 7538
I picked up some Alden Captoe's from J. Crew for 30% off so I will probably go with the wingtips for variety. Thanks for the info guys.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **