or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 191

post #2851 of 8438
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Arrans from Barney's. Still waiting for the navy suede Lowndes.


Don't know how you do it Z but keep it up. Love this makeup
post #2852 of 8438
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

UK10.5E
or
UK10.5D
I prefer my loafers snug so I would go D width, but I assume gettng a D width may be a tall order.
I have made a return to Pediwear. It cost $45-ish in return shipping.
Yeah, I too prefer loafers on the snug side. I found posts that seem to suggest the Harvard uses US sizing. Maybe they relabel the sizes for US retailers?
  • marmottan: "I usually take the LHS unlined in 8.5D but the Harvard in 9D. The small problem here is that it is not mentioned on the C&J whether it is in US or UK sizes. In my opinion, it is US size since I take for instance the chukkas and others C&J in 8.5D or 8E UK, never in 9D UK..."
  • NAMOR: "I am tts 12D and these fit tts, 11.5D."
post #2853 of 8438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

Yeah, I too prefer loafers on the snug side. I found posts that seem to suggest the Harvard uses US sizing. Maybe they relabel the sizes for US retailers?
  • marmottan: "I usually take the LHS unlined in 8.5D but the Harvard in 9D. The small problem here is that it is not mentioned on the C&J whether it is in US or UK sizes. In my opinion, it is US size since I take for instance the chukkas and others C&J in 8.5D or 8E UK, never in 9D UK..."
  • NAMOR: "I am tts 12D and these fit tts, 11.5D."

I can't confirm or deny this.
post #2854 of 8438

My Selbornes I bought recently from Bodileys http://www.shoesnorthampton.co.uk/ have some minor flaws (sole edge profiling cutter slipped into the heel), I wonder whether they were marked as seconds at the factory?

Anyone has/had any similar experience with this vendor, or any other C&J reseller?  

They charge full price on the shoes, though, but no shipping which is dubious; they probably get the shoes at a substantial discount.  

I also bought from C&J direct, and they sell for slightly less but charge for shipping.

Thanks.

 

1000

 

1000

 

 


Edited by kwhunter - 12/7/12 at 11:49am
post #2855 of 8438
Navy Lowndes from Barney's.
They look like black in normal light (or what passes for it in Seattle in December).
post #2856 of 8438
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Navy Lowndes from Barney's.
They look like black in normal light (or what passes for it in Seattle in December).

Thanks for the photo, was going to get them but that's what I thought as well so passed
post #2857 of 8438
To be honest, the color looks terrible in that photo. I almost didn't post.
I like the almost black look in normal light.
post #2858 of 8438
I would agree that they are a dark navy and the flash/lighting in that pic didn't do you any favors. On my floor under the magic lights they look pretty snazzy!
post #2859 of 8438
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Pembrokes from Barney's. (Thanks Ryan)

I REALLY like these... I wonder if they still have a UK 6E...
post #2860 of 8438

700

post #2861 of 8438

I am having a hard time deciding whether to get the Skye or Skye 2 boots. I will use these boots mainly for winter and poor weather...

 

Whats your thoughts about this one guys?

post #2862 of 8438
Skye 2, shell cordovan and dainite sole is in my opinion much more usable in the winter.
post #2863 of 8438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post

Skye 2, shell cordovan and dainite sole is in my opinion much more usable in the winter.

You are quite right, however the skye 2 is 50% more than the skye. I believe they can install dainite soles for £60.

Then the skye would be £445, while the skye 2 sits around £570 I believe. 

 

Whats your thoughts on that? 

 

Can the owners of the skye boots chime in on this? Are the calf skye's excellent winter boots? 

post #2864 of 8438
Personally, I would wait for the RL sale and get the RL Lindrick, but if I had to choose I would still go with the Skye 2 since I've fallen in love with shell.
post #2865 of 8438

Yes, the lindrick. I never liked the eyelets on the lindrick, thats why I like the skye much better. But the C&J for RL shoes are amazing. I have the wingtip and the penny loafer. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **