Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:27 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:11 am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 8/26/15 at 6:30pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 184post #2746 of 998211/19/12 at 9:35pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2747 of 998211/19/12 at 9:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by tacobender
okay. here is the mega list of the rest of the markdowns.
It is working well with you guys emailing me or calling me at the store to check for sizes and reserve a pair.
602.337.6155 or email@example.com
the following are going to be 30% off!
Cranford 3 (black) http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Search-Show?q=501534409
ding, ding, ding, these are the bestpost #2748 of 998211/19/12 at 9:43pm
http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Search-Show?q=500338770post #2749 of 998211/19/12 at 9:47pmif im getting another dress shoe, i want something that can hold its own and not get buried. the cottesmore is a handgrade quality shoe that is both rare and also difficult to find on discount. that would be my choice if i didnt already have a pair. followed by arran (sevenfoldtieguy, this is the best Arran ive seen yet), and the cranford reminds me of a recent G&G deco mtopost #2750 of 998211/19/12 at 9:50pmpost #2751 of 998211/19/12 at 10:17pmpost #2752 of 998211/19/12 at 10:29pmpost #2753 of 998211/19/12 at 10:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
brooks brothers coniston boot pebble grain comparison brown vs black punched captoe
Just pulled the trigger on these (brown; new) - ebay ($279.99).
Been looking for a dark brown boot and this fits the bill nicely. I assume you picked up both of your pairs off ebay. Yes?post #2754 of 998211/19/12 at 10:45pm
Hi, I just got a pair of Black Antique Nubuck Tetbury. Have ordered the C&J wax polish, and also looking at getting Saphir Renovateur and Saphir Cream polish.
For the cream polish, should I get black or neutral colour? On the C&J care video, the french fellow says to apply a neutral cream before applying a wax polish. Is he talking about cream polish or conditioning (renovatuer) cream?
The cream I am talking about:post #2755 of 998211/20/12 at 5:02amQuote:Originally Posted by CTBrummie
Cancelled the MTO I mentioned a few pages back - apparently, it costs an extra £50 on top of the MTO mark-up to build a boot with veldtschoen construction. Found this out after placing the order and having pushed back (via C&J) against the factory's reluctance to make the boot initially. Twice.
This put the overall price at the bottom end of the EG sphere and this, coupled with the fact that I needed them by Chritmas, meant that EG have got my custom for this pair...
What was the total cost going to be Brummie with the veldtschoen charge added in? A regular Snowdon at list price is 405GBP (might be more now).
Looks like C&J went out of their way to say to you thanks but no thanks.post #2756 of 998211/20/12 at 11:14amQuote:
It would have been £675, and then £725.
I can see how it might look that C&J were like that, and I think it's more down to a lack of formal process with dealing with stuff like that, hence all the backing-and-forthing between shop and factory whilst getting things right. I have to give credit where it's due - the staff I dealt with went out of their way to help with the request and humoured my initial indecisiveness with admirable grace.
It did occur to me this morning that, because the MTO price is directly related to the original list price of the boot or shoe, then you could argue that the veldtschoen surcharge has, in effect, already been paid...post #2757 of 998211/20/12 at 11:18amQuote:
Assuming it is a benchgrade shoe which last I checked was GBP 320 (GBP 280 with no VAT), the shoe is around $420 before shipping with an exchange of 1.5. I did not check what the current exchange is. Depending on whether you are charged tax in your state (I would) it would almost be the same.
I think you have to factor in the shipping since it is so much from the UK.post #2758 of 998211/20/12 at 11:59ampost #2759 of 998211/20/12 at 12:02pmpost #2760 of 998211/20/12 at 12:32pmQuote:
I think they are exactly the same. Handled some that had c&j branded insoles and soles
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 50 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 2 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015