Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 5/20/15 at 6:37am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 7:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on 5/13/15 at 9:04pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 184
Styleforum Top Picks
okay. here is the mega list of the rest of the markdowns.
It is working well with you guys emailing me or calling me at the store to check for sizes and reserve a pair.
602.337.6155 or email@example.com
the following are going to be 30% off!
Cranford 3 (black) http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Search-Show?q=501534409
ding, ding, ding, these are the best
brooks brothers coniston boot pebble grain comparison brown vs black punched captoe
Just pulled the trigger on these (brown; new) - ebay ($279.99).
Been looking for a dark brown boot and this fits the bill nicely. I assume you picked up both of your pairs off ebay. Yes?
Hi, I just got a pair of Black Antique Nubuck Tetbury. Have ordered the C&J wax polish, and also looking at getting Saphir Renovateur and Saphir Cream polish.
For the cream polish, should I get black or neutral colour? On the C&J care video, the french fellow says to apply a neutral cream before applying a wax polish. Is he talking about cream polish or conditioning (renovatuer) cream?
The cream I am talking about:
Cancelled the MTO I mentioned a few pages back - apparently, it costs an extra £50 on top of the MTO mark-up to build a boot with veldtschoen construction. Found this out after placing the order and having pushed back (via C&J) against the factory's reluctance to make the boot initially. Twice.
This put the overall price at the bottom end of the EG sphere and this, coupled with the fact that I needed them by Chritmas, meant that EG have got my custom for this pair...
What was the total cost going to be Brummie with the veldtschoen charge added in? A regular Snowdon at list price is 405GBP (might be more now).
Looks like C&J went out of their way to say to you thanks but no thanks.
It would have been £675, and then £725.
I can see how it might look that C&J were like that, and I think it's more down to a lack of formal process with dealing with stuff like that, hence all the backing-and-forthing between shop and factory whilst getting things right. I have to give credit where it's due - the staff I dealt with went out of their way to help with the request and humoured my initial indecisiveness with admirable grace.
It did occur to me this morning that, because the MTO price is directly related to the original list price of the boot or shoe, then you could argue that the veldtschoen surcharge has, in effect, already been paid...
Assuming it is a benchgrade shoe which last I checked was GBP 320 (GBP 280 with no VAT), the shoe is around $420 before shipping with an exchange of 1.5. I did not check what the current exchange is. Depending on whether you are charged tax in your state (I would) it would almost be the same.
I think you have to factor in the shipping since it is so much from the UK.
I think they are exactly the same. Handled some that had c&j branded insoles and soles
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 6 seconds ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 10 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 15 seconds ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 1 minute ago
- › Cigars 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle,... 5 minutes ago
- › *** The 2015 / 2016 Wolf vs. Goat Denim Contest - join by 5/31! *** 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 13 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan