Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FINAL DROP-EG and AS shoes Great condition shoes! 10.5-11.5 US EG, C&J, AS. Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Price Drop: Crockett and Jones Northcote size 11DUS Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ID these Peal and Co. Boots -- Alden or AE? Last post on 10/26/12 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear
- Guide to shoe lasts / where to buy narrow fitted shoes? Last post on 10/23/12 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
- C&J- dark brown Audley or chestnut Belgrave? Last post on 9/11/12 at 4:26pm in Classic Menswear
5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for different occasion
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 184
Styleforum Top Picks
okay. here is the mega list of the rest of the markdowns.
It is working well with you guys emailing me or calling me at the store to check for sizes and reserve a pair.
602.337.6155 or firstname.lastname@example.org
the following are going to be 30% off!
Cranford 3 (black) http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Search-Show?q=501534409
ding, ding, ding, these are the best
brooks brothers coniston boot pebble grain comparison brown vs black punched captoe
Just pulled the trigger on these (brown; new) - ebay ($279.99).
Been looking for a dark brown boot and this fits the bill nicely. I assume you picked up both of your pairs off ebay. Yes?
Hi, I just got a pair of Black Antique Nubuck Tetbury. Have ordered the C&J wax polish, and also looking at getting Saphir Renovateur and Saphir Cream polish.
For the cream polish, should I get black or neutral colour? On the C&J care video, the french fellow says to apply a neutral cream before applying a wax polish. Is he talking about cream polish or conditioning (renovatuer) cream?
The cream I am talking about:
Cancelled the MTO I mentioned a few pages back - apparently, it costs an extra £50 on top of the MTO mark-up to build a boot with veldtschoen construction. Found this out after placing the order and having pushed back (via C&J) against the factory's reluctance to make the boot initially. Twice.
This put the overall price at the bottom end of the EG sphere and this, coupled with the fact that I needed them by Chritmas, meant that EG have got my custom for this pair...
What was the total cost going to be Brummie with the veldtschoen charge added in? A regular Snowdon at list price is 405GBP (might be more now).
Looks like C&J went out of their way to say to you thanks but no thanks.
It would have been £675, and then £725.
I can see how it might look that C&J were like that, and I think it's more down to a lack of formal process with dealing with stuff like that, hence all the backing-and-forthing between shop and factory whilst getting things right. I have to give credit where it's due - the staff I dealt with went out of their way to help with the request and humoured my initial indecisiveness with admirable grace.
It did occur to me this morning that, because the MTO price is directly related to the original list price of the boot or shoe, then you could argue that the veldtschoen surcharge has, in effect, already been paid...
Assuming it is a benchgrade shoe which last I checked was GBP 320 (GBP 280 with no VAT), the shoe is around $420 before shipping with an exchange of 1.5. I did not check what the current exchange is. Depending on whether you are charged tax in your state (I would) it would almost be the same.
I think you have to factor in the shipping since it is so much from the UK.
I think they are exactly the same. Handled some that had c&j branded insoles and soles
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- › Viberg Boots 27 seconds ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 1 minute ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 3 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw