Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:44 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 4/23/15 at 8:48am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 11:21 am in Classic Menswear
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Yesterday at 8:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** - Page 184
Styleforum Top Picks
okay. here is the mega list of the rest of the markdowns.
It is working well with you guys emailing me or calling me at the store to check for sizes and reserve a pair.
602.337.6155 or email@example.com
the following are going to be 30% off!
Cranford 3 (black) http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Search-Show?q=501534409
ding, ding, ding, these are the best
brooks brothers coniston boot pebble grain comparison brown vs black punched captoe
Just pulled the trigger on these (brown; new) - ebay ($279.99).
Been looking for a dark brown boot and this fits the bill nicely. I assume you picked up both of your pairs off ebay. Yes?
Hi, I just got a pair of Black Antique Nubuck Tetbury. Have ordered the C&J wax polish, and also looking at getting Saphir Renovateur and Saphir Cream polish.
For the cream polish, should I get black or neutral colour? On the C&J care video, the french fellow says to apply a neutral cream before applying a wax polish. Is he talking about cream polish or conditioning (renovatuer) cream?
The cream I am talking about:
Cancelled the MTO I mentioned a few pages back - apparently, it costs an extra £50 on top of the MTO mark-up to build a boot with veldtschoen construction. Found this out after placing the order and having pushed back (via C&J) against the factory's reluctance to make the boot initially. Twice.
This put the overall price at the bottom end of the EG sphere and this, coupled with the fact that I needed them by Chritmas, meant that EG have got my custom for this pair...
What was the total cost going to be Brummie with the veldtschoen charge added in? A regular Snowdon at list price is 405GBP (might be more now).
Looks like C&J went out of their way to say to you thanks but no thanks.
It would have been £675, and then £725.
I can see how it might look that C&J were like that, and I think it's more down to a lack of formal process with dealing with stuff like that, hence all the backing-and-forthing between shop and factory whilst getting things right. I have to give credit where it's due - the staff I dealt with went out of their way to help with the request and humoured my initial indecisiveness with admirable grace.
It did occur to me this morning that, because the MTO price is directly related to the original list price of the boot or shoe, then you could argue that the veldtschoen surcharge has, in effect, already been paid...
Assuming it is a benchgrade shoe which last I checked was GBP 320 (GBP 280 with no VAT), the shoe is around $420 before shipping with an exchange of 1.5. I did not check what the current exchange is. Depending on whether you are charged tax in your state (I would) it would almost be the same.
I think you have to factor in the shipping since it is so much from the UK.
I think they are exactly the same. Handled some that had c&j branded insoles and soles
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread **
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 seconds ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › What's the deal with this guy in the bathroom? (Public Bathroom... 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member -... 6 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 6 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...